Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 5/17/2003 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is very sensitive and acne prone. I loved how soft and gentle this exfoliant felt on my skin. I could actually feel the dead skin cells coming off so it was actually still doing its job even though it was gentle. After using the scrub my skin feels very soft.

I cant say whether its helping with blackheads like I was hoping it would- i have not noticed any difference but its been a good product to rid the dead skin cells and I would much rather use this than the ones Ive tried in the past. (St Ives, Thalgo etc)

on 5/17/2003 11:51:00 AM

Well, I guess I like that it matches my shower curtain, but I don't really know what is so botanical about an artificially fragranced product (except for the aloe in the middle of the ingredient list). It is really nice though and doesn't irritated my easily irritated skin. UPDATE: I have bumped this up from a 4 to a 5! I really like it. I use it more than once a week, and I have very sensitive skin. It causes no problems, even if I scrub with a lot of pressure. Sometimes I mix it with my cleanser (Philosophy Real Purity) for a super gentle scrub. I have been using this for months now, and I still have over 3/4 of the bottle left! Great Stuff! UPDATE 3 May 2004 - I've been using this for a year for 1-2 a week and i only just now bought a new bottle. amazing stuff.

FANTASTIC exfoliator. You have to try it to appreciate it. You can feel the grains but they're so smooth, they roll over the skin rather than scratch it. I have oily skin and use it every other day with no irritation or extra oiliness from scrubbing. I don't know about the claim that the jojba oil in it 'emulsifies sebum and whiteheads' but it is gentle enough to use over spots. It is an expensive price but deserves a 3 rating for the amount (double or three times normal brands) you get.

on 4/21/2003 4:12:00 PM

Whoa, my face literately glowed after the first use of this scrub! Although the beads in this scrub feels gentle, I would still not recommand to use this more than 3x (max) a week.
I only reach for this when I feel my complexion is looking dull and need a pick-me-up.

Good stuff, big bottle for the price too!

on 4/18/2003 6:07:00 PM

Love these buffing beads! Been using this for 5 months and can say it is extremely gentle for sensitive, combo skin! Absolutely no irritation just extra smooth and soft skin. I use this once a week and it works great. The huge bottle will last me forever. Love the light citrus scent!!!

on 4/14/2003 9:52:00 AM

I hate to speak too soon, but all I can say is WOW! I am loving this scrub for my super-sensitive skin. It feels baby soft afterwards, with no irritation whatsoever. At first, it seems expensive ($30-35) but the bottle is huge and you barely need to use any. After trying many scrubs that hurt my face, I am thrilled to have found this one. Thanks to everyone who reviewed this product because I wouldn't have tried it otherwise!

on 3/21/2003 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only scrub I've found that doesn't hurt my super dry, sensitive skin. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and smells nice too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product exceeded my expectations. I was used to using St. Ives on my face and thought this was going to be way too gentle, however this does a terrific job of gently exfoliating my face and leaves it clean and smooth.

The bottle is quite large and while I originally thought it wouldn't last very long I am finding that you only need a very small amount and I only use it about 3 x a week.

Another product from PTR that is well worth the money.

on 2/14/2003 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can only agree with the others. This is a very good (dont know if excellent yet!) scrub, very gentle with rounded beads, so they dont scratch the skin! I have dry, sensitive skin and afterwards my skin wasnt dried out like it was with some others. Left skin feeling very smoothe and cleansed. I had no bad reaction to it. If I do get a bad reaction to it, I will definitely update! It is a huge bottle, so it will last me a very long while, since I only use it like 2 a week and only my face, so great value and quality for money! It deserves its Allure Best Scrub Price! UPDATE: This is my HG scrub!!!! So gentle I feel I could use it more than 2 a week! Non-abrasive,gentle BUT effective and most importantly non-drying!!

on 1/30/2003 7:13:00 AM

After reading reviews I had to try this and it is as good if not better than you all say!!!
It is now my HG of skincare.... Only problem in London a bottle costs just over 40 of your US dollars!!!! Never mind - it really does renew and clean and doeverything else!!!