Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 8/16/2003 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sephora's description.This ultra gentle jojoba bead scrub contains fine florabeads and botanical nutrients that work in two ways. First, they help exfoliate dead surface skin cells, allowing active treatment products and moisturizers to penetrate. Then, the jojoba beads help open clogged pores and emulsify the sebum that contributes to blackheads and whiteheads. Good for all skin types. 8 ounces/cost$35.00

I bought this trying to find a replacement for my LaMer which even though I love it, I feel is overpriced.I also didn't like the white residue La Mer left that required the use of a toner to remove. I really like this PTR scrub and it is comparable to La Mer Refining Facial if not better. It is gentle yet does the job. No irritation, no dryness. Plus it is so much more affordable. It just takes a little so I imagine this bottle would last most about 6 months if you use it once or twice a week. Don't use more than you need or it is hard to wash the little beads off. I use an amount about the size of a quarter and that is plenty to do my face and neck. It's very gentle so take the time to let the exfoliator work. I do it for about 2 minutes very gently and it leaves my skin soft with no dryness. Great scrub!

on 8/6/2003 12:04:00 PM

My holy grail exfoliant. Love this stuff and am on my 3rd bottle (it lasts awhile though if you only use it on the face). Only gripe is that it's always getting clogged up... packaging could be better.

on 7/27/2003 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my two holy grails of scrubs (BlissLabs being the other). I adore the tiny jojoba beads and how they gently exfoliate my skin. I can tell you that I immediately feel the difference in my skin the moment I wash this off - the softness is like baby skin. There is never any redness or irritation with PTR like there is with other more abrasive scrubs. I also love the lemon-lime scent. The price is a little high-end, but since you only have to use a small dollop this 8oz bottle will last you forever (or about a year). I highly recommend!!!!

on 7/23/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scrub is wonderful..it leaves my skin super soft and has helped clear up some small blemishes I had. The granules and perfectly round..so they aren't scratchy at all. However, its not so gentle that you can't tell a difference. I thought Sage corrective grains were my holy grail,but I think this product has bumped it out of place. The price is kind of steep for a scrub,but the bottle will last me a long time.

on 7/16/2003 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this scrub. Itís nice and gentle, but the beads do a good job exfoliating. They leave my face feeling smooth and clean. It is pricey, but itís a huge bottle that lasts forever. I agree that itís a good value for the amount you get and the small amount you have to use each time. Unlike other reviewers, I donít have any trouble rinsing away the beads. I have been a longtime very faithful user of St. Ives Apricot Scrub through the years. Iíd use a little of that mixed with a gentle cleanser some mornings in the shower to exfoliate. But in recent years, I felt that was too harsh for my skin, and although I still think itís a great product, I donít use it like I used to do because my skin seems to do better without harsher manual exfolients. Iíve used Origins Never a Dull Moment, and I like that a lot, too. When my skin would get really flakey, that would help get it flake free better than anything. But PTR BBB beats them all. Itís gentle. It really works. Itís just a great all-around scrub. 3-3-06 update: This has since become my holy grail of scrubs. I no longer use the St. Ives (too rough), btu I still use Never a Dull Moment (and leave it on for a while for the fruit enzymes to work) when I need extra exfoliation, but for regular use, this is THE best. I only need to use a little, so the big bottle lasts me quite a while. It is very gentle but very effective. For a scrub that works, it is gentler than any other one I've tried. It's the best.

on 7/9/2003 10:23:00 AM

I have a sketchy history with scrubs. I've tried the Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream, the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, and Origins' Never a Dull Moment. I found both of the fruit based ones (Origins and St Ives) to be way to abrasive. Their tiny particles felt sharp. I liked the Clinique beads, but felt the cream they came it was way too greasy. Then, I was getting a facial, and the woman giving it suggested the PTR Botanical Buffing Beads. Wow! They're great! They have the gentler rounded beads that scruff but don't scratch up my face in a gel like solution. The product rinses clean easily (I stick my face into the shower spray, so it might work differently for those of you who splash.)and does not appear to leave a residue.

At first, I was hesitant because of the price, but I can honestly say go for it. A bean sized drop is all you need each morning. That bottle is going to last forever, so your cost per use will be reasonable.

on 6/17/2003 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was really surprised how well this scrub worked for me. I have sensitive, somewhat dry skin. This scrub feels great against my skin, but after is what amazed me..when I was putting my moisturizer on after I couldn't believe how smooth my skin felt. I did not have any adverse reaction to the scrub either, which is always the most important thing for me as well. It is expensive upfront, but this should last an eternity.

on 6/1/2003 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been wanting to try this scrub forever & finally got it at Sephora. I decided that spending $35 on an 8 oz. bottle would definitely be worth it, since the cost averages out to $4.37 per ounce & the bottle will last me a long time. I'm glad I was able to rationalize the expense, because I really like this scrub. It's very gentle but also effective & not too abrasive on my somewhat sensitive skin. I keep my bottle in the shower and use it every other day. I'm sure this will be a holy grail product of mine for years to come.

on 5/25/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got a sample of this when I ordered from Who's the Fairest.com and I loved it!
I have bought the full size, and Its the best scrub I have ever tried.
It doesn't tear your skin apart, and isn't expensive considering it will take forever to use up all the product.
Feels great on the skin,and isn't overly scented. and you get a big bottle.
I will buy again for sure!

on 5/23/2003 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down THE BEST scrub for dry or sensitive skin. Doesn't irritate, leaves skin smooth and soft! You don't need very much so it will last a while too! HG:)