Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

this scrub is very gentle and perfect for my sensitive skin. i am always on the look out for any scrub that is nonirritating because manys scrubs turn my face bright red. the beads in this one seem to melt onto your skin but after you rinse it off, you are left with brighter, glowier skin. the bottle that you get is huge because this can be used on both face and body. i will most likely use it more on my face because my body can stand harsher scrubs. this is a great face scrub for someone who has sensitive skin but it may not be powerful enough for someone who does not.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this after reading the reviews, and was pleased. I have very sensitive skin and just cannot use crushed apricot pits on my face. I have been looking forever for an exfoliator that doesn't destroy my skin. I like the citrus smell and the beads are very gentle and it works great for my skin. At first I didn't think it would be enough, but I've come to realize that it doesn't have to hurt, to work. The little travel size for $10, is perfect. It lasts me 4-5 months (I use it 2x a week). But I also love the Alba Sea Scrub, which has just a little more oomph. I alternate between the two.

I got a very generous sample of this at Sephora and tried it once daily for about a week. It truly is an amazing scrub. It is gentle and does a good job of keeping my combo skin smooth and flake-free. My skin does not feel stripped afterwards, which I've experienced frequently with other scrubs. I do not care for the light scent, which reminds me of my toilet bowl cleaner. I will purchase this when my sample is gone. It's one of the best skincare products I've ever tried.

on 4/24/2006 11:26:00 PM

I adore this. I use it frequently on my fair, rosacea-prone, oily/dry combo skin. It's not harsh at all--the little jojoba beads give my face a good scrub, removing yucky stuff from my pores, but it doesn't make my face beet red. I especially like to use it if I (gasp!) go to bed without washing my face. The SA at Sephora talked me into it, and I'm glad she did. The next morning, the texture of my skin feels bumpy and oily, and after using this in the shower, it's back to being nice and smooth. I love the color, and the price isn't too bad--I think I paid $35 at Sephora, and a bottle lasts forever. If you're looking for serious exfoliation, you might want to try Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar for OCCASIONAL use. But for everyday use (or for something to use several times a week that will smooth your skin but not irritate the heck out of it), you can't go wrong with this.

on 2/27/2006 4:07:00 AM

Why did I not discover this scrub earlier? I've tried so many different ones over the years and this does not even compare to the others that I have tried. This scrub is great to use more frequently since it is really gentle but it still gets the job done. The beads are really soft and do not irritate my skin at all. Too many scrubs that I have tried in the past use particles that are really harsh and while they do get the job done, I feel like I sandpapered my skin. After washing this scrub off, my skin doesn't feel tight or too dry. It feels just right. The packaging is kind of ugly IMO, but you do get quite a bit for the price and it gets the job done, so it's definitely become one of my staples.

on 2/26/2006 11:40:00 AM

this is my HG! i've been using it for two months now and my skin has never looked better. it's glowy, dewy, and i have no more redness. i can't remember the last time i had a zit and i am extremely prone to breakouts. the scrubbies are gentle and does not irritate my skin but it cleans my pores! (it also doesn't disappear upon water contact) some people are complaining about the price but i've been using it every single day for the past two months and it's still almost 98% full! will definitely repurchase!! (oh, the only thing i don't like about this is the lid...) *for reference my skin is/was a mess. large pores/oily/acne prone/sensitive/redness the works =p

Wonderful stuff. I saw a review that said the beads melted away too fast: to counter this, I apply this product while my face is dry, and rinse it away with water when I'm done. I massage it in gently for up to a minute and I love the buffing effect: just right, and effective without being harsh. It leaves my skin in really nice condition: gleaming, but comfortable; not tight.

I had revolting blackheads for twenty years (I'm 34) and they've vanished in no time thanks to PTR. I also use his glycolic products and my skin's in wonderful shape. Hooray! Thank you Peter Thomas Roth!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for several months now and am very pleased. My skin is easily dried out by harsh products and I find this scrub to be extremely gentle. I use it every other day, but I don't see it being a problem for daily use. I massage this for about a minute on my face and slowly and gently the jojoba beads dissolve, leaving skin soft and ever so gently exfoliated. It rinses clean and is very refreshing. Some may find it pricey at $35 but, like others have said, a little goes a long way and this should last the better part of a year (if not longer). Great great value and a definite rave.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is excellent. I have sensitive combo skin that very easily becomes dry or oily. Along with DDF Glycolic 10%, my skin has never looked better texturewise, and is pretty much normal. I can use this every day and my skin doesn't get irritated which is a first for a scrub and my skin. The beads wash cleanly off, which is great because I hate having any hanging around after my shower. I don't think this would be good for skin except for decolletage. As others have said, this bottle is huge and will last forever (like more than 8 months!!!). I think this helps skin treatments penetrate better. I will definately rebuy.

I have combo skin and I massage this all over the face with a little water for a few minutes. After you rinse your face, skin is definitely smoother,softer and squeaky clean. Great after a day's work or whenever you face feels sticky/lacklustre to get rid of the oilies. I used this originally on my face only but is great once a week for the body also - suitable for pre-tanning. It can really scrub all the grime off! The only downside would be the packaging. When you put this away in your cupboard, some of this will dry up in the little opening in the cap - this is hard to remove so I sometimes need to get a toothpick to clear all the dried up balls cluttering the opening.