Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 11/2/2004 7:21:00 AM

One of the best scrubs, gentle yet effective and does what it says. Price is rather steep but i would definitely repurchase considering a full sized bottle last me about a yr (i use it once a week and occasionally in the shower as a body scrub). Packaging is absolutely hopeless as the beads tend to dry up around the opening so you have to unscrew the whole top off to get the product out. apart from that the fragrance is divine! very fruity

on 10/2/2004 10:48:00 PM

This is a great scrub if you want something that will not irritate your skin. I like that this scrub lathers a bit - almost like a combination cleanser-scrub. It is very gentle and does not dry out my skin. Skin feels extremely soft after using and although pricey, a little goes a very long way.

on 7/7/2004 12:15:00 PM

This is a wonderful exfoliator. It's gentle and doesn't dry out my combination skin. Don't let the price scare you away -- the bottle will last a long time since you only need a dime-sized amount to clean your face.

on 5/22/2004 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

As far as a scrub goes, I think this is my ideal. It's not in an overly-scented, creamy base, but rather has a light scent and a gel-cleanser base. I use it in the shower about once a week, so I have no problems rinsing it off, and I use it as a cleanser, because it has olefin sulfonate as an ingredient (it's a detergent). I like to use it very gently on my face, and then a little more agressively on my upper body (back, upper arms, chest) to help with any congestion there. It is expensive, but has lasted me a long time, which seems to justify it.
*edit* 5/24/05
This product has lasted me quite a long time, seeing as I only use it a few times a month. I find I like it best for taking off stubborn sunscreen, or for my upper body. It is drying for my face though, and the beads are a little too big for my liking. I also would like something more natural. The only thing natural in this is the aloe and the jojoba beads, but even those are hydrogenated (not natural anymore... doh). I wouldn't repurchase, and am bumping it down a lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These buffing beads are great. I love the way the beads slowly dissolve as you scrub leaving a foamy lather. My face felt really soft after I used them. I would reccommend using then every other to every third day.

on 9/14/2003 8:48:00 AM

I love this product! Very gentle manual exfoliation without irritation to my sensitive skin. I use this 1-2x week. It is expensive, but what a huge bottle. My skin feels so soft after.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very gentle, but effective scrub. I have sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, and this did not irritate me at all. The jojoba beads are very gentle and start to dissolve as you use them, so you can't over-scrub. I do find that it's hard to wash off all the beads, especially from eyebrows and hairline, but I use it at night, and then just brush them off in the morning. Definately a HG scrub for me!

on 4/15/2003 11:40:00 AM

I like this product a lot. At first, I was apprehensive about the scrub as it is blue. I am always worried about using anything with color on my face. I don't know if there is any scientific reasoning behind this, just a personal prejudice I suppose. At any rate, this does a fanastic job of sloughing away flakies. It is very gentle. (More gentle than Remede sweep IMO) It also leaves the skin moisturized, not dry. The only word of caution I will give,use it sparingly. If not, it will take you awhile to getall the beads off. The bottle is pricey, but is massive at 8oz. $35. Remede sweep is $45 for 2oz iirc. Whatever! This is a great product, definitely worth a shot for any skin type.

on 4/12/2003 7:54:00 PM

Nice but a cheaper product would do the same job.

on 4/8/2003 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought this product last week and am loving it! Yes, it is $35.00, but I only use it on my face every other day and this bottle will last me a looooonnnnngggg time! It is not too rough, the round jojoba beads are gentle enough for my very sensitive, sometimes pimple prone skin. Does a nice job of keeping my "rough spots" in check. I wash my face first w/my Cetaphil cleanser for normal/oily skin, then I use this on my face and neck. 'd definately repurchase.