Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 9/6/2011 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for an exfoliator that is gentle enough to use everyday since I have bumpy-textured skin on my forehead and around my nose. My skin is also sensitive. I've tried a lot of different exfoliating products from drugstore to high end brands and they are always far too harsh or drying to use on my skin daily, even if they claim to be gentle enough for daily use. PTR's botanical buffing beads are wonderful! I bought a travel size version of the asian sensation one off ebay to try, and I love it! I use it every evening after washing my face with PTR's gentle foaming cleanser. I dab a bit on and around my nose and on my forehead, where I need the most attention. The smell is lovely and it's such a pleasure to use. The beads don't feel rough or scratchy and a little bit goes a long way. My skin feels super clean and not tight or dry afterwards, just very comfortable and fresh. My skin definitely better now - more clear, even and feels smoother - my pores even look smaller. I have to make sure I wash it off really well because the beads are a little difficult to wash away, but it doesn't take that long and I only use it at night so it doesn't bother me. If you think it would, I would suggest only using it before you shower. Love this - definitely HG!

on 2/10/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this exfoliator because the beads dissolve as you use them, so it is gentle enough to use every day. I have sensitive and acne-prone skin, so usually drugstore exfoliators dry out my skin and exacerbate any breakouts. Yes, it is more expensive than usual, but it's also twice the size of your typical exfoliating product. You only need a very very small amount of the product to see results, so if you're careful about rationing it out, it should last months and months. My husband and I both use it - he loves it even more than I do.

I balked at the price of this when the Ulta salesgirl recommended it but I am so glad she did. I use this as my night cleanser after I remove my makeup. I have adult acne that is also aging and senstive. For some reason, this keeps my skin clear. I use this in the evening and then wash with Cetaphil soap in a.m. followed by PTR's max complexion correction pads (also amazing) in the a.m. My skin hasn't been this clear in decades. And the bottle, while expensive (like $46 at Ulta) is HUGE and you only need a dime size. I've had my current bottle for probably 6 months already. I'd really like to try the acne one but I'm afraid to. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

on 10/29/2010 4:38:00 PM

i only used this for 3 days but so far so good :) its not strong, not overly drying. it peels very nicely and gently without applying pressure. acualy its the first peel i used that dident dry my skin out and leave me with patches of dead skin coming of for 5 days afther using it. it removes whiteheads! and helps dirt coming out of the pores very effectively. thats why i am so greedely using it 2 times a day even if my dermatologist told me to only use it every other day. I am gona use it more sparingly as soon as my acne clears up a bit more :) all in all great product. expensive but lasts for some time from the looks of it. ill keep using it for a while more to se how this works for me :)

on 7/28/2010 5:43:00 PM

These beads are very gentle on skin and really takes away all the dead surface and even whiteheads.The price is little bit high but you get a huge bottle which last long for me more than a year.ALL PTR products are well worth and great investment for ur beautiful skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Love this product. It is pricey but my skin loves it. After using, my skin looks as if it has been polished to a shine. I rave about it all the time to my friends and after trying the product, they all like it too.

on 7/18/2008 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this scrub through a rep that was at my local Ulta. I love this product. A little goes a long way and its so gentle you can use it every day.

on 5/30/2008 11:59:00 AM

I have been using this for about 4 years; after the suggestion by an esthetician at Red Door. It is fabulous and it lasts forever! The quality and the fact that 4x weekly use garners at least 4 months of product, make the price well worth it. The smell is a pleasant and light citrus. The beads themselves are tiny and perfectly round (important as more "jagged" beads can cause micro-cuts to the skin). It isn't necessary to use daily - but gentle enough to do so. Though my acne problems were never more than "monthly breakouts" and a few scattered blackheads in nasal folds - this remedies all of that and creates a soft and never-dry palette for moisturizer and makeup application.

on 5/14/2008 10:49:00 AM

I have tried the original Buffing Beads and the Blemish Buffing Beads and love them both! They are super gentle but do a great job at exfoliating. I use them once or twice a week and love how they make my skin feel. The exfoliating beads are jojoba beads, which are perfectly rounded so they don't tear up your face. The bottle these come in is kind of a pain b/c the opening gets clogged really easy but i just take off the cap to squeeze some out. My bottle has lasted for about 8 months so it really is worth the money. Next I'll try the Anti-Aging Buffing Beads!

on 2/16/2008 2:15:00 AM

Gotta have this works great. I had flakey combo skin with little pimples . Cleared up skin instant soft feeling blue color helps to see it beads really scrub alittle goes a long way. I was at sephora for other stuff and asked sa she told me about this got a sample feel in love. Went back bought the travel size for now. But thats lasted a bit so i will go get the bigger bottle and us the little one for travel. Ive used on other parts of the body to its not harsh at all and very soothing. Will buy again