L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Green
L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.1

After testing the BB Cream in the store I was so fascinated with the color change and overall it looked and was marketed as something innovative and revolutionary, I just couldn't resist getting it. The larger the expectations the bigger the disappointment. The color I got was in Fair and after applying it it oxidized so much that I was really left looking like I had just applied something a good 2-3 shades darker than I was supposed to. What I can say however is that it blends out nicely, but for some reason the overall result just comes out splotchy. I regret buying it and do would not recommend it.

on 11/30/2012 12:53:00 PM

HOLY CRAP!! This stuff is awesome!!

I virtually never wear foundation of any kind. Ever. Maybe I will have my makeup done by a pro for very special occasions, and have a Garnier BB cream that I would use for semi-formal stuff, but you will not find me using any kind of base from day to day. I have freckles and an uneven skin tone but that is what I look like, so be it. I won't be caking on any gross, greasy, pore-clogging, mismatched, high maintenance junk all over my face. Plus my boyfriend hates it (he can't have it rubbing off on his uniforms). So, I skip it. I have never been able to find one that really matched under fluorescents that I could afford, and I didn't want the added time to my routine and I hate that it rubs off on clothes. So foundation is not part of my regimen.

I received a tiny sample of this in the mail with an order of hair product and decided to give it a spin just out of curiosity and see how it compared to the Garnier.

This stuff...wow. Went on super smoothe, blended right into my skin, you can't even really tell it's there, and I look...more even, more glowy maybe? More done without being OVERdone at all. I love it and it is so easy! I am not sure if I blended it perfectly but it doesn't seem to matter, since it matched and just disappeared, rendering my face like a canvas with almost no effort. I just apply it like a moisturizer, a few dots and rub and that's really all there is to it.

Never thought it was possible to look this good this easily. Not that I would be using this every day (I'm too granola for that) but it didn't make me break out at all, and it was SUPER life-saving when my alarm didn't go off the other day and I was forced to skip my shower to make it to work on time, but was supposed to go to a special dinner that evening with my boyfriend. Yikes! I ran home from work to do an emergency makeover. This beautifier cream took me from slept-in looking and gross to clean and perfect in no time! Beautifier it certainly is.

As low maintenance and inept with foundation as I am, this cream was MADE for me. I went out and bought two with a coupon. HOORAY!

Edit: I did notice after the second or third use that the Light was a *tad* orange. I don't have any kind of tan right now and live in the Pacific Northwest so I am what you would call WHITE. So, I went out and snagged a tube of the Fair. Fair is a little chalky.

So I mixed the two.

Viola.

on 11/23/2012 1:13:00 AM

I got this in Light, and was totally disappointed with it. It goes on nice enough...it's a light white color very similar to the magic primer, but once applied, it turned orange! Not even tan, but orange! I ended up wiping most of it off.,..I didn't notice any moisturizing or skin benefits, but I had very little on, if any, I applied it from the back of my hand, and it seemed to amplify skin texture, but it was hard to get past the orange color, to see if it did anything for my skin. If this were more natural and a true light color, it might not be too bad, It seemed to cover blemishes and spots ok, but anything with pigment will do that. I can't recommend due to the DS orange color, and the weird chalky look to it.

on 11/20/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I quite like this BB Cream. I bought the palest shade and it matches my skin perfectly, and turns into a silky/powdery texture in a few seconds after being applied. It blends amazingly with blush as well. Only negative thing; I never get to extract the right amount: it's either too little or too much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream has really good coverage and is perfect for those days i'm way too lazy to do my full foundation routine. all i wear is this and some powder or concealer! but on the negative side it has a dewy finish and leaves my skin super shinny after about 1.5 hours. If you have normal or dry skin you're probably fine but with my acne-prone and oily skin it's a complete disaster. probably just the wrong BB cream for me :(

on 10/22/2012 2:56:00 PM

After finding Garnier's BB cream too hydrating, I decided to give Loreal a try. Since I have fair skin, I decided to try the fair. Not only does it make my skin too pale, it dries it out so badly, I ended up having to blend it with the Garnier to get some moisture. I am taking this back to CVS, pronto.

on 10/17/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I had not tried a drugstore/mainline brand of foundation in YEARS until this product. I received a free tube through my job and at first I wasn't sure, but now I am hooked!! I am an NC20 in MAC and the original tube of BB I got was Medium. It was definitely too dark for me, but being it was summertime, I gave it a chance. It warmed up my complexion in just the right way. When it was time for me to repurchase, I tried a sample of the Light, which I still found to be too dark and orangey, but I still liked the finish. So I finally repurchased in Fair and it matches perfectly. This product gives a nice light to medium (when layered a bit) coverage and has a velvety-looking finish. The texture at first is very strange and gritty, but I just warm it on my fingers first to melt the beads and it's fine! The shades they offer aren't the greatest, but I use a finishing powder, concealer and of course blush, bronzer, etc so it isn't a huge issue. I have found that my original tube had a more liquidy consistency whereas the newest tube I purchased is a thicker cream, but it all ends up the same once it's on. I wore a professional foundation the other day and wondered why I looked so bad and remembered that I wasn't wearing my BB! That's what did it for me. Overall I absolutely LOVE this stuff and for 1/4 the price that I'm used to paying, I'll take it!!

on 10/10/2012 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is PERFECT for those days that you just wanna wear mascara and have a natural look...I have fair and it's wonderful! It doesn't make your skin oily and messy like others I've tried. The darker shades will make you orange so if youre lighter definitely go with fair. Over time it improves quality of skin and when you put it on you just look so healthy. The texture is indeed not the best...if you can get past that it's great
I recommend this and a light powder over the top for staying power

on 10/10/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Purchased Fair and LOVE the way it looks on my skin, initially. BUT, over time it seems to dry out and accentuate dry patches--my skin feels tight and dry. (This is AFTER I layer on antioxident serum and sunscreen first.)
Not the best for dry skin. I love the light coverage; just wish it were more moisturizing.

on 10/9/2012 11:17:00 PM

I agree with some of the other reviewers about the texture of this BB cream. I chose the Fair shade and the consistency and colour is just not for my skin at all. Blotches of orange & dry looking patches and it was hard to rub in and blend. It provided my skin without any kind of coverage at all, in fact, if anything Id say it made my skin look worse!
Ive resorted to using it on my neck and chest to not waste it.