L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.1

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

on 2/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never in my life ever returned a makup product to the store before. I purchased this in light and on my NC20 skin it appeared very orange. I shook it and tested it and always orange. I thought, hey maybe I can use it as a bronzer but then it just looked too orange! Rite Aid gave me my money back.

on 1/24/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is great for days when I have to get my makeup on fast! It covers redness easily, but blemishes will need extra attention with concealer. I love that it doesn't settle onto my smile lines! It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct, honestly I can't disagree. This bb cream contains vitamin E, which is great for acne prone skin, any skin for that matter! The finish is natural and a bit on the tan side. I just wish this stuff had SPF!!! Also I feel that you get a relatively small amount of product, (it would maybe last a month if used every day) but for ten bucks that's not a huge issue. Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a face!

on 11/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

After using this BB cream for months, I'm downgrading it from 5 lippies to 3. I usually wear a very light layer of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, so I am used to light coverage. I think this cream works great for what it is--basically a tinted moisturizer. However, it does not moisturize. I do find that my skin feels a little tight immediately after application, but it doesn't look dry at all and has no negative lasting consequences. It helps to even out my skin tone and I like to wear it during the day on weekends when I am just running errands. The packaging has a very small hole for dispensing from the squeeze tube and I find that I use quite a small amount to cover my face. I have normal skin and while it does not look oily at the end of the day in the winter, it looks greasy in warmer weather. I think that I would rather use Maybelline's Dream Wonder Touch Liquid in place of this for very light coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for about a year now and just recently switched in favor of a full-coverage foundation. I'll keep this around for light coverage/casual wear or throw it in a travel bag for a pinch (the tube makes it a good traveler), but I like my full coverage for everyday wear now.

This product is a little odd - comes out of the tube looking more like a face scrub (complete with granules) than a foundation or BB cream. It also has a gray cast to it, and goes on looking white, almost like a mask! It quickly changes to an appropriate color, however. The granules also dissolve but it does feel a little gritty on your face and I'm guessing that could be irritating or just unpleasant for some.

The lightest shade available is a decent match for me, but since it is very light coverage that is less of an issue than it would be otherwise. I find that a tube lasts a fairly long time, and I always use coupons/ExtraBucks to purchase this so the price is fair in my opinion. I didn't have any issues with this breaking me out or causing problems.

In summation I would use this again if I ran out of my HG foundation (Armani Luminous Silk liquid in shade 3) or if I was running to the store or something, but I won't rely on it as a must-have anymore.

on 6/28/2014 4:07:00 PM

Before I get into this review, I'll just tell you about my skin. If you don't feel like reading this long review, I'll have a summary at the bottom. I have combination skin, really dry cheeks and oily t-zone. So it's hard to find a product that works with that. Also, I'm extremely white, no joke. So it's also hard to find a product that doesn't oxidize on me. The first time I tried this, I hated it. I applied it with my fingers and it was so orange I looked like an oompa-loompa. It also didn't blend very easily. But other than that, I really liked the way it felt on my skin. It didn't accentuate my dry cheeks or look greasy in my T-Zone. THEN I tried it again. This time, I washed my face with Cetaphil, let that sink in and then I mixed this with my clean and clear moisturizer on the back of my hand. I applied it with my hands and this time, it actually worked. It wasn't so orange and it didn't take long to blend. It's very buildable but if you need medium to full coverage, this is not for you. However, it's very light for summer. I just go over my troubled areas with my HG revlon concealer in fair. If you're looking for an easy, simple, lightweight BB cream, this is defintely the one for you!

Summary: If you have very fair skin like me, this will be fine as long as you mix it with a white moisturizer to lighten it up. If you have dry skin, this might not work for you unless you moisturize very well before. If you have oily skin, this will be good for you. This is NOT a full coverage BB cream. No BB cream is. However, it does do a great job at evening out the skin and cancelling out any redness. If you have any troubled areas, you can put concealer on top of this and you will have a nice natural makeup. As for coloring, even if your skin isn't that fair or pale, I'd still get the lightest shade because it's still quite dark. However, if you do get dark in the summer, then get the second shade.

If my opinion changes, I will definitely update this review!

I love this bb cream, I no longer wear foundation. It takes it's place and also gives you that hydrating feeling! the only con I can think of it that it's a little greasy when you first put it on but I set it with powder and it's totally not a problem for me. great product!:)

on 2/16/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have Magic in fair and light. I sampled light and really liked how it went on and stayed on my skin but it was just a touch too dark so I bought fair (and then later bought light). Fair was too light on my skin. Fair is a thicker formula that holds it's shape when dispensed and can look chalky and make my pores more noticable due to it's lightness and thickness. Light is too runny and just a tad too dark which can make it almost look slightly "orangy" on me. Sounds like the 3 bears and I'm looking for a color that is just right...not too thick and not too runny, not too dark and not too light. LOL

I have combo skin with a couple dark skin pigmentation spots due to sun damage. My skintone is uneven where I have redness on my nose and chin and when my skin is reacting - across my face. I rarely break out but when I do it is either around the crease of my nose or cystic acne due to hormones. My skin is sensitve to products which can result in a rash or acne and I am sensitive to scent which can trigger migraines.

I apply this onto the back of my hand to warm it (something I've done with all foundations as it applies easier for me) and I use my fingers; all other foundations I will use a brush or sponge based on the consistency and how much coverage I'm looking for, but my fingers work best with this product. Yes it comes out white-ish gray and has tiny beads - but I honestly do not "feel" this product as grainy or gritty at all not on the back of my hand, not on my fingers and not on my face (if you have a gritty feel I think you might have a "bad" tube and should take it back for a different one because I've had 4 of these now and none of them have felt gritty/grainy including the sample pack). My routine: Murad Oil Control Mattifier, Magic BB, MUFE hd powder. This blends smoothly over my skin and when I get the two colors blended just right - it looks fabulous. Lasts all day with NO breakthrough oil NO skin sensitivity and NO breakouts!

I'm not sold on this, though, and continue to search for an holy grail bb cream. I have only tried 2 others so far.....Lumene lightest shade bb was chalky and made my pores stand out (I will probably buy and try it in medium) and Tarte bb in light and fair was either too dark or too light and I immediately saw oily/shine come through on my forehead after application and it encouraged blemishes by the end of the day. And my normal foundation before I switched to BB creams was Tarte Amazonian Clay so as we know - all products are not created the same. I really want ONE tube that is the correct color and meets my other foundation needs - I'm sick of blending.

PROS: inexpensive and easy to find (drugstore); coverage is good and buildable; minimizes pores; lasts 10-12 hour days; doesn't get oily looking and dries to a matte finish; dispensing tube is sanitary; no negative reaction to the product (rash or acne); not heavy; no scent; does not feel grainy or gritty due to the color beads.
CONS: no spf; CANNOT FIND EXACT COLOR MATCH; comes out greyish-white; light is runny and fair is thick.

I will keep this in supply until I find something else that meets all my needs in one tube/container. I always buy my drugstore brands from Walgreens so I can return them for my money back and I swap for my high end.

on 1/22/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I cannot for the life of me understand all of the bad reviews for this great product. I have never used drugstore products on my skin, preferring the high end formulas. You get what you pay for, right? I had been using Bobbi Brown BB cream and also tried Lancome's. Eh, nothing to write home about. But then my daughter (16) brought this home and on a whim I tried it. The heavens opened and the angels wept.

Yes, it goes on white and has little microbeads that have to burst to provide you with the color, but once you rub it around on your face (as you would with any product) the white is quickly gone and the beads disappear. What you are left with is a very smooth, natural looking complexion with just the right amount of coverage. It blurs my fine lines and minimizes my pores. What more could you ask for for $10?

At this price, it is certainly worth a try.

This is the first bb cream that I have tried and I hated it. I currently use Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin and it has good oil control but is too thick and pore clogging for me. I thought a lighter foundation would be better and I have heard a lot about bb creams so this seemed like a good option. I got the lightest shade (fair) and it was still way too dark (I am about an NC 25). It gives decent coverage and a matte finish at first but it fades away after about 4 hours. Unfortunately this product just did not work for me.