L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

I'm going to return this product.

I wasn't expecting so much color from a BB cream. The color does not spread or show up evenly.

PROS
Great price, nice packaging
CONS
Orange color, uneven color
And, I looked worse than with bare skin

on 10/20/2012 11:05:00 PM

i love this product. it is the perfect amount of coverage for me. if you are trying to cover acne or major blemishes you will have to use councilor as well, but it give a nice even base and reduces any redness. i don't mind the "gritty" feeling that many people talk about. it never leaves the "makeupy" feeling on my face either which i love

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was very hopeful about this BB Cream, or any brand for that matter. I decided to give it a shot since my acne has cleared up for the most part, with just some scarring to cover. Unfortunately, from the moment I applied it, my face was bright orange (even though I purchased the lighter shade), super greasy-looking, and overall just a hot mess. I left it on for just a few hours while I was at home to see if the appearance would improve, but it just got worse as the day went on. Definitely NEVER buying this again, and hopefully I will be able to find a brand that leaves my skin with a matte finish and an even, natural tone.

on 9/28/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this as a moisturizer/primer. On its own, not nearly enough coverage. But I use it under whatever foundation/bb cream/whatever I'm using that day and it creates a great barrier for my skin. I've noticed my skin looks better since I've started using this. Not an omigahd, tv commercial difference, but enough to notice.

I really like the exfoliating feeling when I put it on too. :)

I got a free sample of this in the mail. It supposed to hydrate, prime, perfect, and correct. The consistency reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It has very poor coverage, so you'd have to have nearly perfect skin to begin with. I don't like how you have to rub it into your skin for the color to appear and it's too dark anyway when it said "light." I'm sure it's moisturizing, but sure doesn't stay on long. Blah.

on 9/27/2012 12:30:00 PM

This product worked very well for me, It comes out like a white-ish liquid with little gradualness or beads that contain the color the adapts to your skin tone. I have mine in "Fair" buts that also cause they tend to run a little dark. the color selection isn't very vast, however I liked how this bb cream absorbed quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy it actually left my skin very smooth with a light-med coverage it was very light but did cover up my blemishes.

on 9/24/2012 7:20:00 PM

The name "BB", in this case, refers to "beauty beads"...grainy little pigmented beads which, when you rub the cream into your skin, are supposed to adjust to your colouring...very different than the traditional BB cream (Blemish Balm).

This cream is extremely grainy feeling when you rub it into your skin...it feels like you're exfoliating your face with a scrub. At first, it seemed to blur away some of the redness and scars on my face (not hiding them completely, but making them not as noticeable), and I actually thought I liked this product. It wasn't until I happened to look in the mirror about half an hour after applying it that I realized that it had changed. It oxidized to the extreme, making me look like I had Oompa Loompa makeup on. From what I've read, I'm not the only one to have this problem. The only real positive I can give this product is that it never broke me out or caused a rosacea flare. Unless you dig the bad self-tan look, do not buy this.

I am fair with acne prone sensitive skin. This has good coverage, and a nice finish. BUT, it oxidizes like crazy. I wore "light" to work today and my boss asked me if I had been spray tanning again, I said "no, do I look orange?" and he said "yes". when i got home i looked in the mirror and i was definitely rather orange. not ok. maybe the other colors would work on darker skin, but for fair ladies, stay away.

on 9/18/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

It is easy to use and makes my skin brighten and glow a bit even though it is matte. It is kind to my lines and if anything diminishes the look of them.
I mix a tiny pea size of this BB cream on the back of my hand with a same size blob of my spf moisture cream and blend them together and then dot it all over my face, neck, and chest. Not greasy and feels light.
The price is right and I love the look.

on 9/18/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Can't comment on price or packaging as I got this as a sample -- and I won't be purchasing, so I don't really care how much it costs.

Like a few other reviewers have noted, it "self-adjusted" much too dark and orangey on my fair skin despite being the Light version. Whoever wrote "self tanner gone bad" described the look very accurately. It was so bad I wanted to scrub it off and start again, but I'd made the mistake of trying it out in the morning before a workday and had run out of time. Of course, the nasty colour just intensified under the fluorescent lights at the office :(

Worse, I could "feel" something on my skin all day. I don't like that sensation, that's precisely why I avoid foundation. And my face felt strangely warm to the touch -- I'm sure I'd have sensitivity issues with this product if I wore it for more than a day. Coverage was way less than most other BBs I've tried, and my regular concealer was much too light against the dark tone.

I will say that it did a decent job of oil control (and that's saying a lot with my super-oily skin), but managed to make the less-oily areas look a bit dry and wizened -- NOT the appearance I'm aiming for!