L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After reading reviews about this product I was very skeptical of buying it because I have acne prone skin. I tested it out at Wal Mart and I absolutely LOVED the way it completely matched my skin tone. I have trouble finding the perfect colour for winter so I decided to buy this. I brought it home, washed my face, put moisturizer on and proceeded to try it. At first I didn't think there was much coverage to it, since it basically is a tinted moisturizer. After letting it dry I put on my concealer on my trouble areas and finished with some pressed powder. I am so happy I didn't listen to the reviews and bought it anyway. I find that it works way smoother with a moisturizer underneath. It doesn't get cakey throughout the day and I like it even more than my MAC select cover up. It looks so natural on my medium tone skin, I got compliments on how good my skin looks when I went out after. I definitely recommend this product, it is fairly affordable ($10 at Wal Mart) the tube is a little small though but I will repurchase in the future!

on 12/24/2012 6:39:00 PM

Let me start out by saying that, for the most part, I have oily skin. But I also get some dry patches. I liked this product for the most part, but it's just not for my skin type. The price is good. It starts out grey-ish but blends in well. I used my fingers to apply. However, with my combination/oily skin, it was not the right fit. On the dry patches, it made my skin peel. But on my t-zone it got super oily really fast. It evened out my skin tone well and for the most part covered a few big zits. But when I did break out, I'd also need to use some concealer with it. I have acne prone skin and it made me break out with little zits on t-zone, so I only use it for special events until I find a new one. It was a good product, but not for my skin type.

on 12/19/2012 2:20:00 PM

I have pretty light skin, so I got the light version. It isn't "light" at all! It turned out orange on my skin and looked cakey. It's not very moisturizing either. It did feel light and didn't weigh down my skin, but overall I wouldn't recommend this.

on 12/17/2012 7:02:00 PM

I normally don't wear foundation on a daily basis, so I decided to try this BB cream. I didn't like how it came out white and them adjusted to whatever tone you bought. I felt like I had applied way too much because I couldn't see where it was going until the colour actually developed.
It felt nice on my face for the first few hours, then it turned excessively greasy on my T-zone about 5 hours later.
The coverage was sheer as expected. Next time I will just go with a tinted moisturizer.

on 12/17/2012 9:25:00 AM

ORIGINAL REVIEW: From reading all the reviews of this product it would seem that I have a faulty batch. I bought the Fair shade for my very pale skin. I didn't try this shade on my hand in the store when I bought it, but I did try the Light. This was too dark, but did apply smoothly and felt very creamy. However, when it came to trying this Fair one, the color I expected when I rubbed this into my skin did not happen. Instead, the cream stayed pure white and the beads did not break spreading color pigment. I had a ghostly white face with what looked like gravel all over it. I had no pigment at all in this product, not one bit. I tried it on cleansed skin with no moisturizer, cleansed skin with thick moisturizer, rubbing this furiously into the back of my hand, my neck, my inner wrist, my shins (I was getting desperate and thought that maybe a change of skin temperature might yield the color pigment). Alas, nothing. What I bought what a gritty white cream. Very disappointed, and even though I'm sure it is the product at fault and not my desperate attempts to make this work I still wouldn't buy again. **UPDATE** Ok so it was a bad batch that I bought! As soon as I tried this one I knew it would be fabulous. My skin looks perfected without looking like I am wearing makeup. It looks amazing! Even over my sunscreen, which can make any makeup shiny, this gives a beautiful semi matte finish. It doesn't cover much but I only need a tiny bit of concealer afterwards. Loving this so much, it has replaced a lot of foundations for me. I really don't like to apply things with my fingers but this does look amazing. I would highly recommend trying this, and if you get a bad batch then don't give up! continued >>

on 12/5/2012 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't know how to feel about this product.. The good thing is it blends into skin very well (I got the color fair). However, the grainy texture is something that really bothers me... If you are going to use this product, wear a moisturizer underneath!!! Lots of it! If you got some dry spots, the grains will accentuate it like crazy... I got a dry t-zone and a few dry spots around the nose, hence it got every flakier once I applied this BB cream alone. In terms of coverage, it doesn't really cover much, except evens your skin tone out just a bit.
Save your money on this. I am sure there are better bb creams out there.

on 11/16/2012 1:00:00 PM

This really is a terrible product. I had been using the BB cream by Garnier for a while and felt like a change. So I purchased this. I really wish I never did. It made my skin break out terribly and my skin barely ever breaks out. Quite the contrary, my skin tends to be on the dry side.

on 11/10/2012 1:31:00 PM

I don't have a lot to write about this BB cream because it turned my face bright orange after I put it on. Bummer!

Love this, it gives a nice, sheer, moisturizing coverage. Plus they actually make a pigmented shade that is light enough for my un-tanned skin tone. It doesn't make me break out, which most BB Creams (like the Garnier) do. I only wish their was some sort of skin protection in here, thus the 4 rating instead of a 5.

on 11/6/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like to go sans make-up but thought a BB would help a bit. I read the MUA reviews so knew to expect a dry, gritty feel. The look was okay but after day 3, I began to see patchy redness under my skin. I don't have that sensitive of skin. I stopped using the product and the red cleared up after a couple of days. Too bad. I do use Retin A (.025) 5 x per week and maybe the combo was not good.