L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 8/6/2012 2:07:00 PM

I have terrible acne and my acne medicine makes my skin dry so when i put any makeup on my face it makes my face look dry, but the bb cream gives me a nice coverage and it doesn't make my face look dry or over shiny. And also to everybody who says its like a primer, IT IS!! It says it on the package. It says it PRIMES! Just saying....

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I actually like this one better than the Maybelline BB cream, I love how its white at first and then blends with your natural skin tone, And it covers good as well. I will definetly be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Because of all the hype over BB Creams, I finally had to try one for myself to see what the hype was all about, so I chose this one. I purchased mine in the shade they list as Light, and have been using it daily for approximately three weeks. I am LOVING this product so much, although I think I am using mine in a different way then most. I apply this on as a primer (for lack of a better word), and have been receiving the following results.

A. Goes on flawless (beautiful color match for my skin
B. Evens my skin out perfectly. Where I'm red on my cheeks, I
simply apply a bit more product, which covers redness beautifully.
C. No cakey or heavy feeling at all. Is not blotchy.
D. Works fantastic with my air brush makeup (Air Mineral). My
makeup glides on over this leaving a truly "poreless" finish
E. My makeup does not become greasy (I have oily skin), nor
does it fade the least bit during a whole day of wear.

I have even been wearing this just by itself with a bit of blush, and it is fantastic by itself! I am very, very pleased with this BB cream.

on 7/24/2012 11:33:00 AM

I've been generally disappointed with the American BB creams, mainly because I expected them to be more like those I discovered last summer in Japan, where a late-night trip to 7-11 in any city presented shopping opportunities, with anywhere from three to a half-dozen brands of these little wonders. I even brought two back with me and still use them sparingly. (I recently discovered that one of them, which I actually bought from 7-11, is made by Missha) I find these to have good coverage, a nice finish, and versatility with pale skin tones. They feel like a treatment on the skin but look like a foundation, work without finishing powder in a pinch, and have adequate sun protection.
So naturally I was elated when the BB craze hit the states. I couldn’t wait to try Clinique’s new version this past spring. But a quick test at the counter dampened that enthusiasm pretty quickly; the lightest color was way too dark for me and the coverage seemed non-existent. The finish was also unflattering. Two of the other American versions I've since tried, by Cover Girl and Maybelline, didn’t change my luck either.
L’oreal’s new BB cream is a different beast altogether, not looking or feeling like any BB cream I’ve seen on either side of the planet! I still can’t figure out what this stuff really is; I couldn’t agree more with the reviewer below who said it was much more of a primer than anything else. These were my exact thoughts when I tried it recently for the second time--and the only thing that saved it from being thrown away or returned to the store. The first time I tried it, I was like, “wtf!” It was this white, gritty cream that looked greasy and had a weird finish and little if any coverage; I was so displeased. Then recently I decided to try it one more time, and it occurred to me that it might just work as a primer. It evened out and slightly mattified my skin, so I decided to wear my Sephora pressed mineral foundation over it and was surprised by the results. The powder foundation went on more smoothly and evenly, and lasted for hours longer than usual in the Texas heat and humidity. The cream did turn from white to a color more like my skin tone but was still kind of a weird grayish color, though foundation seemed to make the grey disappear. (the Missha bb cream I have is a slightly greyish beige but blends out nicely to match my skin, so I guess that’s the goal of L’oreal’s product)
While I’m still disappointed in what the American market has offered in BB Creams, this product might avoid going to waste after all. Still, a product’s intended uses should either be implied in the name—or stated in the package information. I think this product fails on both fronts. I’m going to try this again and will update if anything changes.

on 7/22/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry, sensative skin and have a hard time finding makeup that will cover the redness without making my flaky skin noticable. This was the product I have been looking for! I love the 'beauty beads' in this makeup. It almost makes it feel like a creamy face scrub. This makeup also adjusted to my skin tone very well and covered up all of the redness that comes with having sensative skin. It makes my skin so soft and does not look or feel greasy like most foundations. I would totally recommend this.

on 7/21/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a fan. If you want a BB cream lots of better products out there. I think the hype that it adjusts to your skin tone is just that - hype. It's not nearly as moisturizing as Smashbox BB cream but I lean towards more natural looking coverage rather than traditional foundations that just look to matt and artificial on older skin. Also I didn't really like working with applying to skin.

on 7/11/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just started using this, and I have been pretty happy so far. I My skin gets oily really quick, so foundation slides right off. This stays, because it's more of a moisturizer. My skin doesn't get as oily like with other foundations. It is not full coverage, it is more sheer, so if you want full coverage you might try something else. I put a little finishing powder over it and it covers more. All in all, it is worth the money, and it's cheaper than the high end stuff!!

on 7/5/2012 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Overall I like this.. I don't think it's a traditional BB cream, but it's like a super light, very natural looking fndtn w/a satin/matte finish.. & it's long wearing.. Imagine if Revlon CS was light coverage & looked like skin if you will.. I find it funny it has no SPF, but eh I prefer physical SS anyways & this will work well for photos.. I think this is perfect for combo& oily ppl.. I've not broken out once, I've worn this in crazy heat (100f+) & it stayed on.. I wear "fair" and I'm NC/NW10.. This doesn't break me out at all & oxidize on me either (I'm combo) and I do set w/my HG powder-3CC trans. loose.. I got this on a whim as I am normally not fond of Loreal face products & I figured it'd be too dark.. But eh i could return to CVS if it sucked.. II was surprised it wasn't.. I'm wearing this more than my HE fndtns.. Who would've thought Loreal of all brands & at the DS! Im going to use this on a bride who hates fndtn.. & buy one for my sister.. I'm impressed..

on 7/2/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not clear why this would be labeled as a 'BB' cream....it's truly not. This isn't a foundation or even a TM either. IMO this would be best referred to as a primer. A non-illuminating, mattifying, imperfection diffusing primer.
This was a whim purchase hadn't seen it before and at the time I bought it there were no reviews on MUA. $7.94US at Wmart figured what's to lose.....
I purchased the shade Fair and have been using it for a few weeks now. I am really liking this actually. It doesn't turn orange on me at all. This has a truly neutral undertone. NW15-20 right now.
I can apply this and dust BE mineral veil, bronzer and a lg and have a totally natural look for daytime. (Went to an unplanned lunch a few days ago and sat directly in front of a sunny window and unknwn, young, waitress had to tell me how 'beautiful' my skin was...(wtf?? I'm 45!) I have uneven skin tone that this totally masks somehow.
For evening I have been smearing this all over including eyelids and then just stippling a light layer of a true foundation over the tops of my cheeks, undereye and forehead and then a light dusting of HD powder to set after eyes, blush etc. Really flawless look. Really. I'm not using 2 separate primers now/face/eye/ so bonus.
Some cons are that I need lotion underneath or it looks patchy on my cheeks. The gritty texture is a little uncomfortable but dealable.
I'll probably go thru a tube a month wearing everyday. I even just swipe it on no makeup days because it really gives my a smooth difused, healthy looking complexion, with no transfer.
I use OCM or Albolene and have no problem removing.
I will purchase again!