L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.6

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was a surprise, being white and gritty at first then turning to my shade. And don't get me wrong it's really neat and I loved it, until I had a sensitive day with my face and it seemed to burn, idk why just did. But I wasn't too thrilled with the coverage very sheer, and seemed to make my face dry looking...and saddly I did not feel my skin was getting moisture from this at all. So it is out of the three of the "MAIN STREAM" BBcreams out there now, Loreal, Maybelline, and Garnier, this one is my second least favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I didn't feel like this brand was for me. It was hard to apply and to glittery for my liking. It also cause me it breakout, it had given me small annoying tiny bumps over my face.
I haven't tried many BB Creams but this was my least favorite of all.

I have used MakeupAlley to read up on products before making purchases for years, but have not been moved to make an account until I bought this product.
I like so many things about it that I had to make an account just to review it.

I should start by saying that I don't put drugstore foundations or TMs on my skin. I don't like that you can't color-match, and I want quality products going on my face. Ive used the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for about a year, but I don't love it. I've found Clinique's pressed powders to be the best for me (besides Dior, and it still looks kind of odd on my skin, for the price)- so I've all but given up on finding a product that really works with my skin. Occasionally I try a pressed powder, but they always end up in the garbage.
After watching a few YouTube videos of people reviewing BB creams, and showing side-by-side comparisons, and seeing their skin with this particular product on, I decided that I was willing to throw away $10 to see what the L'Oreal BB cream looked and wore like. After reading MUA reviews I was expecting something shimmery and orangey. I like very natural makeup, so I thought I'd hate it, but I really just wanted to see the beads burst/color change.

My skin is combination, but very oily across the nose. My face itself has a lot of red in it, but my skin on general has a lot of yellow, and I'm mixed, so I'm very light brown, but am often more well-matched to products for White skin than anything else.

I bought the Medium shade, and immediately opened the package and rubbed some into my hand. I was disappointed to see that it was VERY pink, even after some rubbing in, but it had a lovely, natural, semi-matte finish.
I was not surprised it was a bust (it's also nearly impossible to find a product that matches my skin tone well), an threw it back into my bag and went on with my evening. About half an hour later I looked at my hand again, and it looked flawless. The spot where I had applied the BB cream looked clear and even- and had dceloped to really match my skin tone (obviously it developed to a set color, but give it a while to do its thing). It was clearly diffusing light, but it wasn't thick or opaque like a foundation, nor was it sheer and dewy like a TM.

I was SO EXCITED to get home and try it on my face, despite concerns that the cheap ingredients might break me out.

I applied it, and set it with pressed powder, and I looked nice, but overdone.
The next day after work I decided to try it on again, and just set it with a translucent powder (the Tarte loose powder with Amazonian clay), and my skin has never looked better. I got so many compliments, and I absolutely loved the way it looked. I have a few freckles (that I love) and they weren't covered, but my skin tone was evened and I was glowing- but not in an artificial way. It looked like I just had really great skin.

My nose does shine through it- pretty quickly. It takes about an hour, but it doesn't make it break down/shift/settle like I'm used to (with literally every other product I've ever tried) an oil blotter and a little powder and I'm back to normal.

I have noticed one whitehead since I started using this product, but I made the mistake of falling asleep in it. I've also noticed that, even with Purity cleanser and some serious scrubbing, it takes washing my face twice to get this out of my skin.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. This is exactly the product I've been looking for, and Walgreen's isn't where I expected to find it. At 1/5 the price of Laura Mercier's TM I'm really impressed by the quality and performance, and I feel like I'm saving a lot of money.

In summary-
Pros:
Inexpensive
Lightweight
Long-wearing
Natural-looking
Not strongly-scented
Good for combination skin
Needs minimal other products to look goo
Non-greasy
Easy to apply

Cons:
Contains silicones
Hard to remove
Might clog pores
Limited color choices

on 9/4/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a great product. It looks natural, yet it diffuses light in a way that masks small imperfections. Don't expect it to cover major blemishes, though--that's not the purpose. The texture is a bit different from regular moisturizers, but I like it. I have super-sensitive skin; however, unlike Garnier BB cream, this product never gave me a problem. The only catch is that it's hard to find in the US. I bought mine in Europe, and I hope I won't have to wait till my next trip to buy another bottle.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried this BB cream and a Korean brand BB cream (liole). I can't use the asian BB cream because I got way more tan this summer and that particular BB cream is very light and only comes in light shades. In comparison, the asian BB cream is better, but I do like this Loreal BB cream as a tinted moisturizer. It provides me with an evened out skin tone, smoothed surface. I do like this BB cream for a no fuss easy makeup routine (school, errands). I do opt for a foundation when I want to look more put together. I powder after this BB cream because without it, I end up looking extremely shiny after an hour or so, like I just applied a ton of lotion to my face. I would not purchase again only because after this one is done I would like to try other BB creams out there on the market.

on 8/11/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of drugstore cosmetics but I received a sample of this in a small packet in LIGHT and decided to try it out just to see how it would look. I am a medium-somewhat tan shade so when I first squeezed some out, I was frightened by how light it was. I also noticed microbeads in the mixture. I tested it by putting some on my arm. To my surprise, it oxidized to a shade darker than my arm! Remember I am trying this in the lightest shade they have! Then I decided to gently rub and pat some onto my face. It oxidized to my skin color very well and ended up giving me a rosy/pink undertone which was good because I have a weird yellow undertone. The coverage was pretty sheer and could only cover my lightest acne scars. The only thing I liked about this was that it gave me somewhat of an even skintone; it did not make me look like a ghost. :) Overall, this is an okay BB cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm totally sold on this! I love the coverage it provides along with the natural matte finish. I tested out the shade dark but it was too dark for my skin tone, plus it had some type of shimmer to it. I then tried the medium shadeand it blended into my skin tone perfectly. After I bought it I tried it out on my face and I loved how it softened up my acne scars. It doesn't cover them cometely but it gives enough coverage to use it alone on a day when you just want to go natural but you don't want your acne scars to be the first thing people focus on. I use this as my primer underneath my skin or alone after I wash my face in the morning and head out to the gym. I love it!!!! AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!

on 7/12/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

horrible.....terrible....the worst. this has a shimmer in which i hate and it makes your face so shiny one of the worst products ever

on 7/10/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I picked this up because I had a $5 off coupon and it was dirt cheap and it also had good reviews for wear in high heat & humidity. This stuff is so loaded up with dimethicone that washing it off my hands felt like washing off a sticky waterproof slime.The color medium worked fine and it is very light on but the color tranfers and makes my skin look dull. I'm not really comfortable coating my skin with what feels like frizz ease on my hands. I can picture the future break outs this is gonna cause. This is a no for me but I'll give it 2 lippies for a light feel and a natural look.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

To start off, I have never used a BB cream. However, from the description of BB creams I thought I would never be able to use one. I have super oily skin that can be acne prone. I also have somewhat of an uneven complexion and my complexion always looks red.

I was using Bare Mineral Matte before this, and I was realizing that it was making my skin look very dull and ashy.I bought this on a whim just to try it out and I am so, so happy that I did. This does not give full coverage (it's comparable to bare minerals or a tinted moisturizer in regards to coverage) but it left my skin looking healthier, like I wasn't wearing makeup. The thing that surprised me was that it was matte and stayed put. I wore this to the beach today, normally I wouldn't wear any makeup to the beach but this just feels like tinted moisturizer and I'm excited about it. This lasted through the sun and sweat all day! There is not sunscreen, which I think is a plus, no greasies or white face in pictures, so some may not like that. I would also skip over this if you have super dry skin or need a lot of coverage. I will definitely continue to buy- the best face makeup I have ever tried (I've tried Bare Minerals (regular and matte), Revlon Colorstay, Laura Mercier tinted foundation, and several drugstore mineral makeups).