St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gave this product a 4 because as far as self tanners go, it's probably the best I've ever used. I tan easily, but after a melanoma scare last summer, I avoid the sun and tanning beds. I think this stuff is better than the regular formula... but I'd advise that if you have fair skin, you should probably just stick to the original. It does turn your skin green upon application, but if you rub it in enough and let it dry, it will appear as though you just got a spray tan (almost a dirty appearance). This is how I applied: I exfoliated and shaved, then put on regular body lotion. I waited an hour for my skin to calm down and completely dry. Then I applied the product with the applicator mitt (I've used the original mousse without the mitt and it's seriously a mess. Just give in and spend the $6 on the mitt-- you've already spent $40 on the mousse anyway, might as well make it worth your while). The dark green tint makes it a lot easier to apply than the other formula, and I disagree with some who say it dries quicker than the original-- I think it's about the same. After application, I laid down completely naked (but I'm 39 weeks pregnant so it was NOT SEXY AT ALL) for 2 hours before getting dressed (oh, also, lay a towel down before you lay down. This stuff will feel sticky for the first hour or so). Then I got dressed and went to bed. Wear clothing that you don't care about, especially in the summer, if you sweat in your sleep. In the morning, I took a shower. I used body wash that was not exfoliating and did not use a loofah-- just my hands. I noticed a couple of red bumps on one of my arms, but I'm honestly not sure if it's from the product or not, because I would assume if I had some kind of reaction to it, it'd be all over my body. Then I applied regular body lotion. THE VERDICT: Honestly, I think the next time I use this product I'm going to put on a double layer (that is, after the 2 hour dry time, I'll put on another coat and let it dry for another 2 hours) and see if I have different results. I'm a little darker, definitely darker than what the original formula gives me, but I'm not so sure anyone would notice. The color I got from this product would be great for fall/winter, when I'm looking for a subtle glow. This is the first self tanner that's actually given me results-- I've used the Alpha Beta glow pads, Jergens Natural Glow, and the original St Tropez mousse. It'd probably give amazing results to someone with lighter skin. Oh, and, there's definitely no smell, which is miraculous in and of itself (I mean, you have to trust the pregnant woman with the heightened sense of smell on this one). Gave it a 2 for packaging quality just because the original mousse didn't last that long, but this is definitely cheaper than getting spray tans every 2 weeks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to have this right when it came out, lol. I love love love the original so much!! The original is my go-to self tanner, and has been for years. I think this new version has it beat. IMO this is better than the original because it is significantly darker, and still has all of the same characteristics of the original; No strong smell, dries quickly, and is believable. The first day I used it, someone at work even asked me if I had been laying out at the pool :) MAKE SURE YOU USE A SELF TANNING MITT, and put lotion on your knees and elbows before applying. love this, HG