St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 7/18/2013 11:24:00 AM

Holy Cow- this product rocks!!! Easy to apply the mousse with the mitt (don't even try to do it without the mitt). Lasts longer than the other st tropez mousse products and almost as long as the lotion. Make sure you get the tan enhancing moisturizer to blend out the pale areas so it looks natural, also apply to hands, knees, feet and elbows prior to application. By exfoliating before you can get an easy 4-7 days out of one application and can prolong 2-3 more days if you use the boosting lotion every 2-3 days after your first application Price point is $40-$50 depending where you go and you can get 2-3 months out of this product if you are using every 8-10 days on majority of the body (average size person). Packaging is nice, easy instructions and the best part- U Never Go Orange!!! In a nutshell I am in love.

I usually use the regular St. Tropez bronzing mousse and I can say that the darker mousse takes much longer to dry and does not go on nearly as evenly as the other one. I was noticing all types of problems with this product that I never had with the original (very dark knees, freckles on my legs, line across the back of my neck). Although the colour is darker (not as dark as I was expecting honestly) and I don't have to reapply as often but I think I'm going to stick with the original once I finish this can.

on 7/9/2013 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the hope of achiving a darker tan that my usual St.Tropez Self Tan Mousse gives me after one application. I find it just as good in terms of ease of application, but the color seems to be a bit more orange and not really darker than the original formula. I will use up the bottle, but would not repurchase.

on 6/26/2013 12:50:00 AM

I love to be tan, and I've tried too many products to count, from high to low end, in the search for the perfect tan. My usual favorites are fake bake flawless spray tan, or the sunlabs dark lotion if I want a darker look, with the occasional tan towel when I'm lazy. I've been eying this tanner for a long time, but always turned away due to the price! I wish I had tried this sooner! Here's my breakdown:

*Color*: true to the name, gives a dark tan, probably the darkest of any fake tanner I've tried. The base is VERY green (again, greener than other green based tans such as the sun labs lotion). The green base gives a more natural looking tan, but I would recommend applying this before bed as it would probably look pretty funny during the day.

*Application*: I used an ulta tan applicator mitt, which is what I generally use with liquids products. This is hands down the easiest tan to blend, and may even be quicker than using a tan towel! A little goes a long way; I'm used to applying multiple pumps of product to get the color I want, but in his case two pumps on my leg was wayyyyy too much! The only downside is that since the product is so saturated with color, you need to take some time blending on your back if you're applying it alone; I usually slap on tanner willy nilly on my back, but it's much easier to get a friend to help you with this product.

I also used to apply tanner two nights in a row to get the color I wanted, but one application of this stuff is just right! The drying time is also very fast.

*Smell*: No typical fake tanner smell AT ALL. Smells great!

*Staying power* This tan lasts a solid week with minimal flaws, that could stretch to 10 days if you dont mind some patchiness. Still, a week is great for me, as I'm used to applying every 3-4 days to maintain my tan.

*Value*: Yes, on paper, this product is expensive. However, there are multiple things to consider which I think make this product equivalent in price to tanners that cost half as much (such as fake bake): you will get a dark, long lasting tan in one application, rather than multiple. Additionally, because this is a mousse and not a straight liquid, youre using much less product per application. I love to save where possible, but I'm an instant convert, and will continue to repurchase!

on 5/11/2013 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Great product, great colour. Performs just as well as the regular mouse but looks darker going on. The tan itself is darker than the original but still looks beautiful, brown and natural. this is not orange at all! It develops very quickly and doesnt smell too strong either. Im really loving this one and highly recommend it. I have reviewed a few tanning products so check out my pther reviews for reference. St tropez is definitely my favourite so far

I have the original bronzing mousse, which I previously used. The original works well, but doesn't get my skin as dark, as fast as this version does. This version gets my skin the perfect amount of tan the first time around. With the original, I have to use it like 4 times until it starts to come close to the color the dark version gets me. I will continue to buy this one instead of the original. Also, you MUST use the mitt to get the best look & to not dirty your hands. The only complaint I have is that this version comes with less, but it costs the same price, or maybe even a little more (I can't remember). I guess since this one gives the desired look with less uses, it would last around the same amount of time...but still. I feel like Iam getting ripped off. This stuff is not cheap, at all. But, it is a healthy alternative to getting that nice tan without laying in the sun all day. The best part about this mousse is that it leaves my skin brown, NOT orange. It looks very real. People couldn't tell that it was a fake tan. This is by far, the best self tanner I've came across. I highly reccommend if you want a natural, realistic tan that is healthy. Make sure that you spend the extra $5 to buy the applicator mitt to apply this!! It will save you time & no hassle of having a mess!

on 3/4/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm porcelain fair. I found this on Amazon for a good price. I've never used a mousse before, but it was easy enough with the mitt. I would suggest moisturizing your skin and let it dry for about an hour, then apply the tanner. I got a much better result this way. You will have to work super quick during application. It will dry in the spot you put it (this happened on my cheek lol). It does have the greenish guide color, and no you won't want to go out while this is developing. Do it at night, go to sleep, get up and shower it off. I've allowed mine to develop for as long as 12-14 hours. If you moisturize often, this tan can last around 2 weeks. Mine faded naturally and on my legs a little splotchy. Just exfoliate well and start over. Just personal preference, but I like the bronzing lotion better for ease of application. Happy tanning! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I like this tan, it's a bit on the sticky side for a mousse, but it gives a nice natural looking tan. The thing I don't like about the dark formula is the first day it has quite a greeny tinge to it, however this seems to disappear after the first shower. Must just be part of the colour guide. The original formula is a bit light for the sort of tan I want but has a nicer overall colour.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

As an avid user of the original St Tropez Bronzing Mousse, when the dark version came out I thought it was a dream come true! As I have olive skin, it would take a couple of layers at least of the original product to show up, but the dark mousse requires only one layer and I'm good to go. Its scent is slightly stronger than the original, and application proves to be a little more difficult. I wouldn't attempt to use this without a mitt (your hands would probably turn black!), and you have to move quickly, as this dries much quicker than the original mousse. Also, the dark full size mousse is 200ml, where the original one is 220ml, but I guess since it's more concentrated you're getting value for your money. Although it's difficult to work with, once you've practised and mastered the technique, this product is well worth it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gave this product a 4 because as far as self tanners go, it's probably the best I've ever used. I tan easily, but after a melanoma scare last summer, I avoid the sun and tanning beds. I think this stuff is better than the regular formula... but I'd advise that if you have fair skin, you should probably just stick to the original. It does turn your skin green upon application, but if you rub it in enough and let it dry, it will appear as though you just got a spray tan (almost a dirty appearance). This is how I applied: I exfoliated and shaved, then put on regular body lotion. I waited an hour for my skin to calm down and completely dry. Then I applied the product with the applicator mitt (I've used the original mousse without the mitt and it's seriously a mess. Just give in and spend the $6 on the mitt-- you've already spent $40 on the mousse anyway, might as well make it worth your while). The dark green tint makes it a lot easier to apply than the other formula, and I disagree with some who say it dries quicker than the original-- I think it's about the same. After application, I laid down completely naked (but I'm 39 weeks pregnant so it was NOT SEXY AT ALL) for 2 hours before getting dressed (oh, also, lay a towel down before you lay down. This stuff will feel sticky for the first hour or so). Then I got dressed and went to bed. Wear clothing that you don't care about, especially in the summer, if you sweat in your sleep. In the morning, I took a shower. I used body wash that was not exfoliating and did not use a loofah-- just my hands. I noticed a couple of red bumps on one of my arms, but I'm honestly not sure if it's from the product or not, because I would assume if I had some kind of reaction to it, it'd be all over my body. Then I applied regular body lotion. THE VERDICT: Honestly, I think the next time I use this product I'm going to put on a double layer (that is, after the 2 hour dry time, I'll put on another coat and let it dry for another 2 hours) and see if I have different results. I'm a little darker, definitely darker than what the original formula gives me, but I'm not so sure anyone would notice. The color I got from this product would be great for fall/winter, when I'm looking for a subtle glow. This is the first self tanner that's actually given me results-- I've used the Alpha Beta glow pads, Jergens Natural Glow, and the original St Tropez mousse. It'd probably give amazing results to someone with lighter skin. Oh, and, there's definitely no smell, which is miraculous in and of itself (I mean, you have to trust the pregnant woman with the heightened sense of smell on this one). Gave it a 2 for packaging quality just because the original mousse didn't last that long, but this is definitely cheaper than getting spray tans every 2 weeks.