St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.1

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 7/2/2014 11:07:00 AM

I received a voucher to get 25% off any St.Tropez products. Now I am a person who tans a lot and I have gone from self tanners like St..moritz, to many fake bakes and now this. It's taken me so long to finally purchase St. Tropez tan. First of all this is £33 from the official website, and it unfortunately doesn't come with a mitt. The mitt is sold separately for just under £4, however I highly recommend this applicator if you want to achieve the best results. I have been using fake bake flawless tan for a while which has a very quick and easy application, so in comparison to fake bake I found the application of st.tropez mouse hard work. But that is probably because I need to adapt to the technique they recommended. You do not need huge dollops of this product at all because it spreads a lot. At first the colour is very olive toned so I would recommend for this tan to only be used before bed or if you do not plan on leaving the house. Try to avoid water for 4 hours at least. Once fully developed you will be left with a lovely golden colour. I was worried to shower because I'd read that the guide colour is much darker and washes off a lot of colour, however for me mine seemed to stay on a lot more than I had expected! I only put 2 layers everywhere and just 1 on my arms, which is impressive as with St.Moritz and Fake Bake I seem to have to apply layer after layer to achieve my tan. This is brown not at all orange. This tan lasts a good week if you keep moisturised, it fades more than comes of 'scaly' which is perfect. Not to mention the smell is so fresh and clean, so you don't have to go to bed smelling that unpleasant smell ( but the smell does creep in later on). I would highly recommend this product even for this cost, I think the top quality ingredients helps justify the price.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from sephora it is extremely dark which is great and not orange at all since it has a green pigment but on the down side I find that it drys to fast in the skin leaving it streaky I prefer lotions as opposed to foams will not be repurchasing

on 12/11/2013 8:16:00 PM

MY HG TAN!!

After using Le Tan in deep bronze for YEARS, i didnt really need to try anything else, i loved it, and didnt think i could get anything darker.

For some reason, dont remember why, i tried it.
And wow.

It was a completely different colour, it went on a dark moss green, which i freaked out about at first. I was used to Le Tan being orange.

Slept in it, woke up, looked streaky and dark and i freaked! I didnt know this, but that is just the guide colour, and it washed off and looked amazing after a shower.

It is green based so it looks natural, and not like a tandoori chicken. It also doesnt smell as bad as Le Tan.

It kind of fades and doesnt wear off patchy like LeTan too, so i love that aswell!

Only cons are-
. Stains your hands even if you wash straight away, so use a mit!
. Doesnt last long, maybe haf a week to a week so it may use up quickly and its expensive!

on 7/9/2013 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the hope of achiving a darker tan that my usual St.Tropez Self Tan Mousse gives me after one application. I find it just as good in terms of ease of application, but the color seems to be a bit more orange and not really darker than the original formula. I will use up the bottle, but would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I like this tan, it's a bit on the sticky side for a mousse, but it gives a nice natural looking tan. The thing I don't like about the dark formula is the first day it has quite a greeny tinge to it, however this seems to disappear after the first shower. Must just be part of the colour guide. The original formula is a bit light for the sort of tan I want but has a nicer overall colour.

on 1/23/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for the last 2 years and it's still my absolute favourite. I use self-tanner religiously because I'm naturally very fair and I just find that a tan suits me so much better.
St. Tropez dark gives me such a perfect, natural looking tan (which is tough when you're super pale), that lasts well and fades naturally & not patchy like many other tanners. I also find that this mousse is very forgiving; it is extremely easy to blend, and the dark guide colour makes it pretty much impossible to miss a spot.
I always exfoliate before I use it and moisturize my hands, elbows, and feet; when following their steps I've never had any issues. I've tried many other self-tanners and they've either come up short, or led to an orange, streaky disaster.

An important thing to be careful of is that this product will definitely transfer slightly and tint your clothes when its developing, I put it on at night time and just make sure to put a towel on my pillow and wear loose dark pyjamas. I have made the mistake of wearing like clothes after initial application and my clothes looked like they'd been soaked in mud in the morning, but it came right out when I washed them.
Just a side note, I'm also not that big of a fan of St.Tropez's tanning mitt because I feel like it absorbs too much product, personally I love the Vita-Liberata mitt (even though I really dislike their self tanner) because its smoothes out the tan so easily over the skin and doesn't soak it all up.

on 7/22/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've bought three bottles of this stuff. LOVE everything about it. It is a very forgiving tanner imo meaning I can pretty much slap it on and it'll turn out ok. I do use the St Tropez mitt to apply. Makes me about two shades darker in one application. It does fade in about 3-4 days but it does so evenly for me. $42 but I buy it when I have a 20% off coupon at beauty brands. I will always use this tanner as it's the best out there and well worth every penny.

I used the regular St. Tropez self tanning mousse for many years and LOVE it. With that said, I just tried the "Dark" formula last night for the first time and I'm blown away!

When I first applied the tanner it was a hideous green/brown shade. However, once I let it dry and set overnight I woke up to a much darker complexion, albeit it being a bit more on the orange side. Once I took a shower, I was fascinated to see that the color developed into a dark natural looking tan---the orange shade disappeared and I was left with a golden brown complexion. In comparison to the original formula, I would've had to apply it 2-3x to develop the color that I did with the darker formula. I cannot comment on how long the color lasts since I've only applied it last night, however I WILL report back in about a week, or so.

All-in-all, I'd highly recommend this....especially for someone that's looking for a dark natural tan once the green/brown solution has set and developed (8+ hours).

Pros:
-intense dark golden tan in just one use
-barely noticeable DHA ("self tanner") smell
-less product needed to achieve desired color
-easy to blend (but dries very quickly)
-tinted so it minimizes any chance of streaks or missed spots
-dries quickly and doesn't smudge/rub off skin as easily

Cons:
-pricier than original formula
-LESS product than original formula
-dries a lot quicker than original so be prepared to blend, blend, blend!
-CANNOT be applied prior to going out (like original formula)...unless you don't mind having a dark green complexion!

on 9/22/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where to start!
Packaging is a cool black and blue normal pump bottle.
I apply to washed and exfoliated skin with a tanning mitt. Rubs in fairly well, easy to see the coverage as of the colour guide - appears green! This is good tho - weighs out the orange look you see on most people when it has developed.
I apply a little bit of moisturiser to hands and webbing etc - works perfectly. Not even needed unless you have dry skin.
I would not wear any light coloured clothes for a good few hours tho... It will rub onto the clothing/sheets. HOWEVER it does not smudge the tan on your body... unless you obviously rub it harshly.
DO NOT go near any water until it has developed.... its hard to fix/patch up again.
Having a shower is a must after it has set... you will have a green tinge to your skin.
A lot comes off in the shower but still gives a nice tanned effect. Pat your skin dry after every shower to increase the life of it.
Moisturise with a nourishing cream... i wouldn't recommended St Tropez moisturises as a combo with this, need to mix it up with something that you know will nourish your skin otherwise it will go flakey. yuck - one con with this!
Wears at a nice strong tan for a few days then slowly goes to a sun kissed look for about 1-1.5 weeks.
LOVE this product!

Such a beautiful tan!!! if you are nervous and can't decide if the dark will be too dark, don't worry, it will be fine. Keep your receipt in case you want the light version. My only complaint is that I need to redo my tan about every 4 days. You also need to make sure you exfoliate well, sugar works well.