Versace Yellow Diamond

Versace Yellow Diamond

2.9

on 6/13/2013 3:12:00 AM

There was a time - a few years back - when I absolutely disliked the Versace packaging of their 'Crystal' perfumes. I thought it obnoxious and loud which of course it is ! Maybe I have been brain washed but these days .....I actually quite like the over the top bottle tops and the ornate box designs . it's fun and in your face - sometimes that's needed . A bit of a break from the serious perfumista - hard- to find- really expensive- very coveted - headache inducing online shopping stuff.
I purchased a 30 ml bottle of Yellow Diamond enticed by the over the top canary yellow gold swirly box design and amused by that massive plastic bottle top . I also enjoy Yellow Diamond for what it is - a modern fruity ( citrus and pear- ish ) floral and tons of Iso E Super which I do not know if is in this scent but suspect so. It flies off of Yellow Diamond in huge sharp waves - sometimes smelling garish , harsh , overdone and a bit cheap - other times - it smells freshly woody - cedar like . I am quite sensitive to the smell of Iso e Super and seem able to detect it even if well hidden.
I am sure most of Yellow Diamond is synthetic with few natural ingredients.But that's okay too !
I enjoy this scent casually - it's light ,aromatic ( most of the time ) and does not last longer than a couple of hours on my skin. I like the pear-citrus combo.
I think this is better than Bright Crystal and actually does smell quite a bit 'brighter' than Bright Crystal itself !
No , I have not finished my tiny bottle up - it's a darned cute little bottle though. Yellow Diamond is IMHO - overpriced.

Ive been searching for a HG summer scent that utilizes musk, and i definitely found a contender. I'm not sure why other reviews bash this Fragrance's lasting power... Maybe my body chemistry is just wack... The dry down is to die for though, and That lasted about 12 hours on me. So, yes the initial scent fades quickly, but it's a bit cloying anyway. It's the dry down we are after here, folks! Not generic/boring as previous reviewers have suggested in any way once it melts into your skin properly. TLDR: BE PATIENT.

This is a very blah fragrance that has no lasting power whatsoever.

on 4/14/2013 3:22:00 AM

Despite its glam bottle and my initial expectations, this isn’t a fruity, ‘sunshine in a bottle’ mimosa on me. It’s a muted, non-waxy, slightly green, naturalistic mimosa that makes me think of lemongrass, too. I like its serene simplicity, pastel green connotations and sheerness, but I think it could do with better sillage and lasting power. I can imagine wearing this during a holiday on my own, on a barren, pebbly, shrubby beach or when I'm in the garden barefoot - very early in the morning before the heat strikes. It would also be good for yoga days - a simple pleasantness that makes me think of body mists. This is what I imagine Demeter's Mimosa would smell like, but I don't have access to it, so I don't know:( Unfortunately, Yellow Diamond is pretty expensive for what it is in my country, but I can see myself owning a partial bottle one day - and I hope it comes without the horrendous lid:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Nice smell but has no lasting power at all, seriously 1 hr at most, I certainly expected more from Versace :(

on 12/31/2012 6:50:00 PM

This is a pure, transparent and airy fragrance, sparkling and intense , while still being feminine. The notes feature lemon, pear sorbet, freesia, mimosa and water lily. I enjoy this very much, I use the deodorant and the eau de toilette natural spray when I don't feel like wearing actual perfume, like after the gym. It makes me feel clean and positive.

on 11/13/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Nice, happy, girly scent. Good staying power. Thumbs up.

on 11/9/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought the roller ball version of this for $20 dollars at Sephora, and I love it. It's a very bright and uplifting scent, but it's subtle at the same time. A sunny fragrance for gray days. I only wish it lasted longer on me.

on 8/17/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the rollerball of this fragrance after feeling like I liked it upon misting it on my wrists at Sephora. I actually really like it a lot now that I've used it a couple of times. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, this fragrance makes me happy :) It reminds me of sunflowers...its yellow for one but its fragrance is so uplifting and kind of has an awakening effect. It is a little sharp but has a beautiful, totally tolerable citrus body with some floral notes. I normally hate lemon scents since they end up smelling like pinesol to me but this didnt come across as a lemon opening note to me, it was more of a bright orange-lemon with a strong floral topnote. It has more dimension than a pure fruit or a pure floral fragrance. Per Versace's website, the notes are as follows: lemon, bergamot, neroli, pear sorbet; middle notes of orange blossom, freesia, mimosa, water lily, and drydown of amber, musk and palo santo wood. To me it smells like a bright, cheerful, confident career woman in a nice suit on a beautiful summer day. It is definitely not for the meek or mild hearted, but it does give a great positive feeling. I love this fragrance's lightheartedness if thats possible haha, yet its depth with combining fruit floral and wood/musk (probably my favorite drydown). I think that if any perfume should have been named Happy it would be this and not Clinique's Happy as that doesnt really invoke any feelings in me :p.
Costs $51 for the 1 oz EDP, $69 for the 1.7 oz EDP, $89 for the 3 oz EDP and $20 for the rollerball (sephora website prices). To me, totally reasonable for a high end brand perfume. Love it. Will totally purchase the bigger bottle. For reference, perfumes I have liked in the past: Bvlgari pour femme EDP, Dior Miss Cherie, Chanel Chance and Coco Mademoiselle, Prada Infusion d Iris, Prada EDP, Narcisco Rodriguez for her EDP, Balenciaga, Pucci, Bottega Veneta.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

o. m. g! i absolutely love this fragrance. the first spray reminds me of lemons and sunlight. i can really smell the orange among the heart notes, and the dry down transports me to a meadow of flowers under a yellow summer sun, in a cloudless sky! it lasts 12 hours on me.

Popular Fragrances