Versace Yellow Diamond

Versace Yellow Diamond

2.9

on 2/1/2014 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Fruity floral. Freesia and pear very pronounced, with a spiky wood lurking. Not my thing at all. Seems thin and just a little too much without a smoothing base note to ground it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this from Sephora. I enjoy wearing it simply because it doesn't induce a spliting headache like most fragrances. I'm pretty sensitive to scents and I typically can't wear perfume for this reason. I usually only wear body sprays. However, I love the feeling that I get when wearing perfume. I feel like my wardrobe is complete while wearing one. I would describe this fragrance as energetic, young and cheerful.
Notes:
Citron from Diamante, Pear Sorbet, Neroli, Bergamot, Nymphea, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Amber Wood, Palo Santo, Musk.
I adore anything freesia and amber. I feel comfortable in this fragrance. However, this isn't a statement scent. I wouldn't reach for this on special occasions. This is a slightly valley girl who takes her mom's Volvo out to the mall type of scent. There is nothing sexy, memorable or alluring about this fragrance. I do find that this is very work appropriate. Would I purchase this? Not the full size but I would consider a rollerball to keep on hand.
Overall: 3.4 Rating

on 11/27/2013 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love this smell. I dont own one but I spray it on my wrist when I came to the mall. And seriously, it lasted all day, even till the next day after I shower. Unbelievable. I'm not good at describing smells but I can definitely say that it's for modern girls, and perfect for night party

on 10/21/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My DH bought me this for my birthday, and I like it. There is a bit of a musky (which translates to unappealing for me) undertone to this, which prevents me from loving it. The staying power is not that good. The bottle is beautiful, and the scent is very lively and fresh. I love it because it reminds me of DH, but I don't know if I would pick this for myself.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't like this at all. Smells just like D&G Light Blue which I despise. I love Bright Crystal and can't get enough of it but this just reeks and is VERY long lasting - of course.

on 9/22/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite summer perfume!! Whenever I wear it I receive so many compliments and it lasts for hours. I first purchased this last year and I bought another again this year when I ran out. The scent is not overpowering and it smells great which is why I will buy this again and again.

This has very little staying power for me. The smell disappears within an hour or two. I got it as a small .25 bottle in the eau de toilette from Sephora. Yellow crystal topper looks gorgeous. It smells really good, just wished it lasted longer. Would not purchase.

Love this as a signature summer scent. Applying it right after a shower puts me in a good mood. It has an energy to it like, Clinique's Happy but better. The top of the bottle is a bit bulky for my taste though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this at first, as it starts off with a bright, happy, zingy lemon that's sweetened nicely by its pear note. But the lemon and pear disappear after only a couple minutes and I'm left with a slightly musty, creamy smelling floral and clean musk. After fifteen minutes, it seems to be mostly water lily and musk, which smells a little like cheap air freshener on me.

on 6/13/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really dislike this perfume. The opening of this is nice - a citrus-breeze with pear - so light and fresh. As this settles, however, this begins to smell like... pee...! From clean and fresh it goes to sterile, salty, BO and citrus... which smells like pee and air freshener in a bathroom - nasty! It's probably my body chemistry - lemon fragrances often turn aquatic on me. Anyway: I don't like this and prefer Bright Crystal, which smells much better on me, although it also has citrus in it (of a different type though), it doesn't react on my skin as this does.

Popular Fragrances