Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

2.9

on 5/20/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely LOVE this product. VERy moisturizing, tinted nicely. The coverage is light but that pretty good considering it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything more than a moisturizer. i will DEFINITELY be repurchasing when i run out!

on 5/10/2013 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this BB cream about 6 months ago and I have to admit that I'm not impressed with this product at all. The cream is extremely oily and it leaves a greyish cast on my skin with or without flash photography. The coverage is quite good but I did not like the way it felt on my skin as it felt greasy and the staying power did not last. I prefer the Missha BB cream to this BB cream.

on 5/3/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very sheer, but it moisturizes well. It really doesn't provide any coverage. I used it up only because I bought it, and ended up using it under my regular foundation. Other people have mentioned the smell, and I agree, it does have a smell between earthy and very chemical. It is very light and feels fresher than other BB creams I have tried, but even though it claims to be oil free, it made my face oily within an hour of applying it. For someone with already perfect skin who's just looking for a bit of SPF and a slight glow, this would be for you. For everyone else in the world, I would suggest looking somewhere else.

on 4/21/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product left my skin feeling very dry. I also don't think it adjusts to your skin tone, at least it didn't adjust to mine. I will definitely not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this product, in fact I've purchased it 3x since last summer. Although it is marketed as a BB cream it really is just a tinted moisturizer. It has sheer coverage enough to reduce some redness and blur some imperfections. Coverage really isn't buildable - you'd have to layer this several times just to get a light coverage. It's a my skin but better product for me. I'm allergic to many chemical sunscreens (hives/swollen face/scaley skin) so I was excited to see that this uses a physical sunscreen. I have combination, acne-prone skin and I love that this does not leave me greasy nor does it accentuate any dry spots and it hasn't broken me out. It also does not oxidize and turn orange me. I still use a sunscreen underneath because I do not apply enough of the product to give me adequate sun protection. For most of the year I also wear a moisturizer underneath except in the summer when this usually provides me with enough moisture. The consistency is thin and runny and easily blendable and feels very light. I highly suggest this if you are looking for minimal coverage (just to even things out a bit) with a natural finish.

on 3/28/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

broke me out, oxidized and the coverage was minimal. Also, talk about using a thesaurus when they list all the "benefits" from this....

I've tried the korean bb creams and it's totally different. Korean bb creams use natural ingredients to actually DO something to benefit your skin and they're about the same price. The only bad part of them is waiting for them to arrive.

ANYWAY, this didn't work one bit on me and i regret buying it. Did I mention the amount of product you get is horrible? Get a tinted moisturizer and save yourself the money. Not to mention that it gets on EVERYTHING and it makes you suuuuper oily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this. At first when i squeezed some on my face i was like this is really watery. But i rubbed it in and it made my face soft and flawless. I dont have many imperfections so i didnt really need a lot of coverage. Overall i would buy this again((: If you want something with a a lot of coverage i wouldnt buy this.

on 3/13/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first BB cream. I expected it to basically be a tinted moisturizer. I don't feel like I had unrealistic expectations of the product.

***My 3 star rating is also based on the potential this product has for OTHER people. The majority of the problems I had with it are personal to myself. I feel it's unfair to bash it completely based on preference.

I tend to use moisturizing products on the outside of my face, forehead, and chin..and that's where I applied this BB cream. I did NOT use it all over my face, it would NOT work for me like that and I knew that before trying it.

When I first used it, it was thicker than a tinted moisturizer. The next time I used it (maybe a week later, after it had been sitting in my train case properly stored) as soon as I opened it, it just started seeping out, everywhere. It reminded me of when you leave sunscreen sitting in a car on a warm day. It was messy, and inconvenient but not unusable.

This is light coverage. Be prepared to use quite a bit of concealer if you have any skin problems that you want to hide. I personally have decent skin, so this wasn't an issue for me.

I had no breakouts or irritation. It did get greasy after 4-5 hours. The areas I applied it to were very DRY. If you're an oily girl, I wouldn't pick this up.

The color selection is also lacking. I understand that this blends out and you can make it work for you in most scenarios but the leap from the medium shade to the medium/deep shade is huge. I've only bothered with the medium/deep but I can tell the Medium will be too light. A Medium/Tan would be nice Maybelline..

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great BB cream. I love it to death. For a BB cream it has a decent coverage. It covers my redness. The packaging isn't the best but I can care less. It is kind of oily only because it has SPF 30. Which is a plus for protection. I use a setting powder after it sets only because I want to make sure it stays on for 8 hours. Other than that great product.
Hope this helped
xoxo
NataliePRMakeup

on 2/4/2013 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I first heard about BB Creams about five years ago, way before they became the product du jour here in the States. Unfortunately, the only ones that were available back then were made by Asian cosmetic companies that basically had two shades: very light and light. I did foolishly buy one on eBay back then. The product itself was great but it didn't match my skin tone by a long shot so I chucked it. Flash forward to 2012 and finally, the United States has jumped on the BB bandwagon. Geez, we're slow!

I was a bit hesitant to try Dream Fresh because most of the reviews I read said that the product is basically just a tinted moisturizer and isn't at all like a "true" BB cream. Having tried a "true" BB cream, I'll agree with that assessment, however, I think this product is actually a step above a tinted moisturizer. I have never found a tinted moisturizer that did anything except leave a thin film of....something on my face. This actually does a bit more. While you're not going to get exceptional coverage from this product alone, it will liven up your face and cover up enough to make you presentable. It's certainly not going to replace your regular foundation and I probably wouldn't wear it on a date or a job interview, but it's an easy product to swipe on just to go to the grocery store or gas station.

To be perfectly honest, I can find no downside to this product. It is fairly cheap (I think I got it for $5 at the grocery store), easy to match and easy to use. I haven't experienced any breakouts while using it and I have even fallen asleep with it on. As I said, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who has major skin problems or who is looking to replace their foundation - this will not do that. If you're looking for something light and sort of an "off day" makeup alternative, this is your best bet.