Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil
Drawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow Pencil

4.5

iron oxide, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, mica, water Soeno vegetable oil, zinc stearate, stearic acid, carnauba wax, triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, ascorbyl palmitate hexylene glycol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product! I've tried eye brow gels, powders, wax and pencils and this one is my favorite because of the color and ease of application. I'm Chinese with light/medium skintone (NC20-30), dark brown highlighted hair and I use brown/black when my hair is darker and dark brown when my hair is lighter. Both colors are on the cool side with no red tones, yay! The angled edge makes it easier and faster to fill in brows. The pencil is creamy and doesn't tug at the delicate eye area but the creaminess is also a con because it doesn't fully dry and I need to be careful not to touch my eyebrows during the day or I may wipe off some of the color off. Sometimes I set my brows with brow powder after applying this pencil and that helps to not rub off. I purchase my pencils from ebay from Korean sellers.

on 6/5/2014 3:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Best thing ever. Super cheap, but amazing. The shape of the tip makes it so easy to do brows, also the colours are perfect. There is such a colour range there is something for everyone! The product lasts all day and gives me very natural looking brows. I will buy it forever! Far better than my mac retractable brow pencil which i like 5 times the price...

on 5/20/2014 12:53:00 AM

I love this eyebrow pencil, the shape of the pencil is triangle, the color was good (earth brown) and the formula lasted more than 6 hours. There is a screw brush at the end to blend and it's less than $4.

on 5/13/2014 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my HG brow pencil ever. Even it isn't waterproof & smudgeproof, this pencil gives natural shape & color to my brow, and of course it is easy to use. For my everyday looks i use the dark brown color, and if i want to make my brow looks bolder & define i use the grey color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hands down, the best brow pencil ever.
The triangular shape is perfect to shape your brows.
The buildability enables you to sport both the natural or intense brow depends on your mood.
It comes with a brush, and you never have to sharpen it.
And it's cheap too ;)
Will definitely buy again, I'm in love with it.

Been using this for years. Never fails :)

This product is soooo cheap and it works excellent! If you want a natural look, you can just fill in your brows where you need it and blend it with the brush in the other end. If you want a more defined look you can do that as well. The product is easy to handle and it lasts all day!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good eyebrow pencils are really hard to find. The only one I have found, drugstore or brand, to rival this one is by Shu Uemura, and you can guess which one gives better value for the money! Both pencils have a triangular shape (perfect to draw in brows) and just the right consistency (very hard, deposits only a slight line with each stroke, the better to build up shadow from light to dark gradually): the Shu, however, must be sharpened, and it doesn't have the brush on the other end that the Etude has. I like the twisty crayon format of the Etude much better.

Another thing I like about this product is the color range. The more colors a product line has, the more difficult it is to make a return on it. So I was pleasantly surprised that such a cheapo brand would make such a wide range of shades for such a humble product as an eyebrow pencil. Mine's gray-brown (I think), and it's the perfect color to shade in Asian eyebrows. Remember, when you're drawing in eyebrows, it's the shadows of the hairs you're replicating, not the hairs themselves. Most Korean eyebrow pencils / powders are either very dark or very brown. I was pleased that there were more gray shades in this line. It's a better match for me than LM Brow Definer, which was my former everyday brow product - that just turned out too brown for me, even though it's the grayest product among Western brands.

My only gripe is with the packaging. The cap gets really loose after a while and even falls off. Considering that a main attraction of this product is the portability, it's a failure that significantly detracts from the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have been using this for one year and it's the only brow pencil I will use - whoever said that dark brown eyebrow pencils are suitable for Asians with sparse black brows is clearly wrong. I've tried many eyebrow pencils by Western brands but not one looked natural on my brows.

I use #5 Grey which matches my not-quite-black sparse brows and dark brown-black hair perfectly and makes me look as if I have naturally pretty dark and full brows. It has a waxy texture and is lightly pigmented which is excellent for preventing heavily drawn on brows. The attached spoolie does a brilliant job of softening the drawn in brows. It looks so wonderfully natural that my friends have never noticed that I had drawn in my brows until I told them! I've only one complaint - on humid days, the colour fades and disappears if I don't use an eyebrow gel over it. If you use an eyebrow gel / coat, the product will last all day. It's cheap and cost-effective with one eyebrow pencil lasting me 10 months (I use it around 5 times a week). This is my go-to brow product and I'm satisfied with it.

EDIT (17/06/14): The love affair still continues. 1.5 years since I first bought this beauty, this is the one beauty product I must use every day to make myself more presentable. Will repurchase it forever.

on 12/6/2013 11:57:00 AM

WOW I love this. I use benefit brow zing, gimmie brow and the mabelline pencil. All work great. I have a little trouble with the thin pencils. I get a good fill but I can be a little heavy handed and I get break off. Because I work two jobs I do have to tote my makeup with me a couple times a week so I try not to deal with bulky packaging. I love my brow zing but it's bulky, with two little brushes that I worry about loosing.

I mainly tried this due to the colors available. I tried the grey-brown (taupe) because my brows are dark brown and thick but brown pencil tends to look plastic weird on me. When I got this pencil I was pleased. The product is triangular shaped a little thicker product and perfect for a heavy hander like me. I put this on and BAM! Beautiful creamy application an it set in a fair amount of time. Being taupe it blended so naturally with my own brows filling in where I need it to go. I got a full day no wearing off by just using a little clear brow gel.

This is also a VERY inexpensive product. Yes it is international but Amazon has several merchants that carry this and I've never paid more than $2.50 and some shipping is free.

The pencil holds a fair amount of product but i'm going to get a couple extra in reseve this is definitly going to be my "on the go" brow product!