Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

on 10/19/2018 3:57:00 PM

Best bb cream i have ever tried. I have used alot of korean bb creams before but they were thick and have always caused me to breakout. This one doesn't and never turns orange on me. The light/medium shade is just the perfect shade for my skin tone. It definitely helps even out my skin and hides all the redness that disappears over time. It gives me a good glow, not too matte or too shiny. I think this is about to become my HG.❤️

on 6/19/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I received the Garnier SkinActive BB cream approximately two weeks ago and began using it immediately. The packaging that it comes it is very colorful, eye catching and informative. I was very impressed by the amount of information listed on the outside of the little box which basically left me in no doubt of what the product contained, what it was primarily for, benefits etc. I often find other products leave a person in doubt of exactly what something specifically does until you have purchased it and opened it. I would give this product 5 stars on presentation and packaging.
As for the product itself, I will list the pros and cons that I found:
PROS:
- Garnier SkinActive BB is very light and creamy and blends into the skin easily.
- It does not leave your skin feeling clogged or greasy. Its more like you just used a very light moisturizer.
- Although I typically suffer from dry skin and this product is specifically listed for oily or combination skin, I didn't find that my skin was any more dry by using it than normal. In other words, I didn't need to use additional moisturizer in spite of this not being specifically designed for dry skin.
- I found my skin looked smooth and even complected without any other product applied.
- I liked knowing that I had sunscreen on without having to remember to apply it. I apply moisturizer at least once a day anyways so it was nice not having to take extra steps but knowing I was protected.
- There was very little scent to the product but what there was is very light and fresh.

CONS:
- The one complaint I have is the specific color of the product. While I do not consider myself as having particularly dark skin and am not as tan as I can often get in the summertime, this product was much lighter than my natural skin tone. I would honestly say it seemed more like a LIGHT tone than a Light/Medium as it is listed. I went to several local stores searching for this product in a deeper tone but could only ever find it in this same Light/Medium. It made my face much lighter than the rest of my skin and gave me a rather sickly, pale appearance. I continued using the product in spite of this fact so that I could honestly see what it was like in all other respects but was not able to go out in public with just this on due to its very light tone.

I gave this product only 4 stars in spite of being very impressed overall with it simply for the issue with the color. Honestly I would not purchase this product in the future unless I could find it in other color options that would better match my skin tone.
I did not take before and after photos of myself using this product because of this color issue for my skin. If your natural skin tone is fairly light, I would absolutely recommend this product!

on 6/1/2018 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product since 2014, and I realy like it. It's not heavy on the skin, the finish is velvety and not sticky at all. It has really nice coverage too, if I was given this to try without knowing what it is I would believe this is a foundation, not a bb cream.

It has spf 20 which is always nice.

The shade range is pretty mediocre (hence the 4/5 marking). I don't even know how many shades are available. Where I live only the medium shade is available in store which I can only use when i'm getting tanner starting the summer and when i'm de-tanning at the end of summer. It works fine when mixing it in with other foundations, though. It dries down way darker that it swatches, keep that in mind.

Used this over 2 weeks now and so far I'm impressed with its results. Oil-control is fairly good in comparison to other BB creams that I tried before. Kept my oil at bay for the first 2-3 hours, then minimal blotting is required thereafter. Considering its price, I would probably go for another tube of this.

This is the first BB cream. I have tried and I liked it. I use the miracle skin perfector BB cream. I have mixed type of skin, with some dark area around my eyes. I put my BB cream on my face every morning before makeup. It has good smell and soft texture. Skin after using looks natural and fresh.
In the winter I set it with powder, but I find this step isn't necessary in the summer. It lasts all day, till evening, only my nose getting a bit shiny, which I don't mind. My opinion is a great BB cream only for the summer. It is great product for a reasonable price.

on 7/8/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is great BB cream. It is very lightweight, but it has some coverage.It's longlasting too.The only issue is very strong alcoholy scent, that dissapears whitin few minutes.

on 7/8/2017 1:29:00 PM

This is a great BB cream for the summer. Although I still need to use setting powder/setting spray, it does a great job of light coverage to even skin tone and correct imperfections. Was about to buy a $40 BB cream when I decided to give this a try first, so glad I did! I hardly ever wear actual foundation, but I definitely won't be bothering with that anymore! Just this is enough for even breakout days. Nice for hot sweaty weather when you need some coverage but don't want your face to melt off! Only wish there were more color options, the Light/medium is great when I'm paler, but when I have a (fake) tan I have to mix with some bronzer to match. Overall still a great product!

on 4/26/2017 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like it!

I'm oily, ~NC20 and I got this in the shade Light. It goes on beautifully, the shade matches me (it's definitely on the warmer side), and the coverage is nice (about medium). It has a slightly watery consistency, I tried this with a sponge and a brush and I think it looks great either way.

My ONLY complaints that are:
1) It does not work with any of my moisturizers, they make it go patchy. So I wash my face, use a toner, and go with this directly. Since I'm oily I don't feel that I need more moisture, but maybe it could bother combo skin.
2) I'd put the wear time at ~4-5 hours. After that I feel that it really fades and breaks down, even if I blot. I stick to wearing it on shorter days.

Overall, I really like it :)

on 4/13/2017 8:56:00 AM

I was fed up of wearing foundations for every day wear. So I decided to buy a bb cream, and after seeing good reviews I chose garner bb cream for oily skin in the shade 'light'.
My skin is oily in my t-zone and I have some blemishes and visible pores.
This bb cream is amazing! In one little pea sized amount I managed to cover my whole face and cover up the imperfections on my skin.
The colour 'light' was the perfect shade for me.
It is light, easy to apply and a great alternative to foundation and it looks 'natural' on the skin.
Definitely recommend

I really want to give this a 5, but I have to give it a 4 for shade selection. For reference I'm from Canada where they only give the shades of light-medium and medium-dark. I purchased Light-Medium.

This BB Cream is incredibly easy to apply, you can smooth it over your face in the morning and it will give a great looking coverage.I found Beauty Blenders and brushes don't give you the same coverage/natural finish. I have found this to cover well almost anything and if I have a particular large zit it wont 100% hide it but it makes it look hardly noticeable.

It says it has 5 benefits(evens skin tone, hydrates,mattifies,minimizes the look of pores,brightens) and I'd say it does a pretty good job on all of those. I think this BB cream really succeeds in minimizing the look of pores and evening skin tone which has made my skin look reminiscent of what it did in my late teens/early 20's.

I love the finish so much on this foundation I use a little bit of blush and I look put together. I also work 12 hour shifts and this is the best lasting finish I've had for any foundation let alone a BB cream. This doesn't lead to any flaking and it keeps me relatively well moisturized through the day.

The one con is the shade can go a bit orangey/yellowish. But I have found a way around this. I have stopped using powder which I found to make it oxidize way more(plus it stays on its own so for me it doesn't need powder) as well as I have stopped using bronzer as it really doesn't need it this BB cream will brighten you up on your own. Lastly this is a bit of a personal thing but I will use Clinique's Super Balanced Foundation where light catches(middle of forehead, down the nose, and centre of chin). This effectively deals with the orangey effect for me. Cliniques Super Balanced runs about $30 and lasts me half a year so this isn't a big deal for me to have to do.

Lastly this product is such a steal of a price I got this for $13 Canadian(so will be cheaper for UK/US) and it comes with 60 ml which is double the product amount I will usually get for any other foundation. Plus this works full coverage as a foundation with a less than quarter sized amount. I can easily see this lasting me 4-6 months.