Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium
SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumSkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumGarnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

Ok so this product was not too bad, it didn't break me out which is a super plus but the "light" shade is not all that light.. it had a pinky undertone and sets much darker than when you first apply.. (like most foundations or BB creams)

Anyway It is very runny and the packaging was awful, and it always spills :( but the coverage was surprisingly medium buildable so i was happy with that. This product isn't great.. it's only OK and I will only re purchase maybe once more because it works well for days i don't wanna wear heavy makeup but I know there must be better out there so sadly it's not a win for me :( xx

Are all the reviews so far from the UK? I am in US and checked Walgreens, Target and Walmart and cant find this on line. GOTTA try it! Thanks. I did find this from someone in the UK on ebay...should be arriving soon...Funny...I called Garnier's hotline and the customer service rep I spoke to didnt know about this product and almost argued with me that the ONLY BB cream they have out IS oil free...I told her I understood that but there was a new one that actually says "Oil free" on it and is much better than the original which was too shiny and oily...I gave up and figured I knew more than she did obviously and ordered it from the UK!

Edit: march 2013, I'm no longer using this. Just didnt like it and even though it was oil free, I got super shiny. I'm not using Aveeno BB cream in Fair light which is light enough for my NC 15 skin and I LOVE IT!!!!!

on 9/7/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i really hate writing these kinds of reviews because it's one of those times where i love everything about the product except its shade range. the lightest colour is 2 shades darker than my nc15-nc20 skin which makes it totally unwearable on its own, and only wearable when it's mixed 1:4 with a much lighter foundation. massive bummer, because i love this stuff quite a bit.

everything else being equal, this is a really stunning product from garnier, which is a big call because i am basically president of the garnier hate club. i absolute hate their hair products, i'm not too fond of their eye roll-ons, their first bb cream was a disaster, etc. i mean, i have normal to dry skin and the original was disgusting on my skin - it was oily and slippery and just never set. this one is an entirely new offering that gets everything right that the first one didn't. the finish definitely isn't matte, but isn't overly dewy either - powder can easily tame any sheen that you don't like. i found that i did have to be a bit careful about what moisturiser i used underneath this - not much is needed at all since the bb cream itself is so hydrating. my skin looked completely natural with this on even though i looked like i had faceplanted in a bunch of mud from the poor colour match. i applied this with a buffing brush which worked just fine, although i'm sure fingers would be perfect as well.

i would say the coverage can be anything from light to a solid medium, depending on how much you build it up. i was able to take it to medium very easily and with absolutely no caking - it just glides over the top beautifully. it lasted an impressive amount of time as well - i would say 9-10 hours easily (with a small layer of powder). the packaging is a little difficult though. it's great that it has 10g extra product than most foundations, and i love the sleek tube that it comes in, but the cream is very thin and explodes out of the tip when you screw the cap off. so i would recommend lying the product flat on your vanity instead of standing it up to prevent the bb cream from accumulating so much at the bottom of the tube.

in summary, GRRR! nc20+ skin tones would be fine for the light shade, but much lighter than that and i think you will struggle a bit to make it look natural. otherwise, this gets a massive thumbs up from me.

on 12/27/2015 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily face so i dont use foundation daily, my sister recommend this bb cream (she loves it) i really tried to like it but it broke me out so badly I wont use it again!

on 8/11/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So, I'm a fair person and light is the fairest colour they do; I was so upset that when I opened the box and applied it that it was so dark and orange! I had to take it off and it was so horrible to blend! It would dry to some dry patches or acne scars on my face, and it would sink into my pores and make them look massive. I would never buy this product, but I can't deal to throw it away because to me, it was expensive for a 'drugstore' bb cream. Definitely I would avoid this product if you have combination skin like myself, or if you are fair.

on 9/8/2013 6:58:00 PM

I had been using this product for about a month and just recently stopped because of how embarrassed I am to go out with this stuff on my face. I have combination acne-prone skin. Usually my T-Zone would be oily and the rest of my face would be normal-dry but because of the acne topical gel I've been using, my T-Zone has been getting quite dry. I didn't expect this to work well on those dry patches (which it didn't) so I applied a generous amount of moisturizer prior to applying this BB cream. After a little while I realized that no matter how much moisturizer I applied, this BB cream would cling to those dry patches and just look horrible. I would definitely recommend this to people with very oily skin who want their skin to dry out but it just really didn't work on my combination skin. ** I gave this 2 lippies because I liked the way it made the rest of my face look - matte but with a natural glow.

I wanted to like this so bad because of the price. It is a highly fragranced product that has cheap ingredients which caused me to break out badly. It's a shame because others seem to like it and are able to avoid dishing out the money for higher end products.

on 5/20/2013 10:43:00 PM

I bought the original bb cream and thought it was a little greasy and I didn't love the way my skin felt or looked after I had worn it for a day, so I bought the oil free version. It made me break out pretty badly which was disappointing. My skin does not react well to drugstore products (my bank account doesn't love it) but I had high hopes for this because the price is great. If you are worried about breaking out I wouldn't risk it. Try something from sephora that you can get a sample of and see how your skin does.

on 4/21/2013 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Ugh, this product made me break out so much :( it emphasized a fine line on my forehead which I didn't even know I had before I put this stuff on, I'm only 18. I only used it for about a week cause I thought maybe it would get better or I'd start liking it but then I just broke out terribly so bad I didn't want to leave my house. The colour selection is really small too. The medium/dark you have to be pretty tan to wear, it worked for me until my tan faded but I could see it was looking way too dark so I tired the light/medium and it was way too white. Overall I'm very disappointed and would not recommend. Maybe it could work for you if you don't have sensitive acne prone skin. But for acne prone girls I would not recommend.

on 4/17/2013 5:59:00 AM

I was excited by good reviews for this..the first application was fine. It has a reddish tone which isn't complimentary of already pink toned or light skin. After a few days of light application I broke out, which very rarely happens to my skin type. The colour wasn't good, and it felt thick on my skin. Disappointing overall :/