Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium
SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumSkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumGarnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 2/19/2013 1:20:00 AM

Firstly and most importantly, I have never used an Asian BB cream therefore know no different. I first tried the original Garnier BB cream and was disgruntled when it oxidized and went orange - it was also oily and I just generally wasn't impressed. I had no idea what people were talking about when they hyped up the product. I then convinced myself to try this BB cream and am pleasantly surprised. It goes on nicely, it makes my skin feel like it can breathe and it doesn't look 'cakey' which a lot of (real) foundations do. I have really great skin (thanks mum!) so all I am ever after is something to even out my skin tone and this does that perfectly! I haven't tried it in winter yet, but as it is summer it matches my skin tone quite well - I am pale (ie: my skin doesn't tan), a number 01 (Ivory) in Revlon Colour Stay (which I use when I go out at night) - this could be because I use a finishing powder (Becca in Eggwhite) and it tones down the oxidization (I think!) but we will soon find out when winter rolls around! I use this during the day when I am at work or out during the day on the weekend, it's also got SPF which is really great as I often forget to apply on my face! Despite it being my go-to for the day time, I have also worn it out a few times in the evening to events and people have always complimented me on how my skin looks. Basically it is just something I can wear whenever I don't want to spend the time putting a 'full face' on.

So far, the only thing I dislike about it profusely is the packaging - it is hard to get the product out (when it is nearing the end) when I squeeze the package it squirts out everywhere, including my mirror and myself and it runs everywhere, leaving the cap and sides gunky. Otherwise it's great and definitely my go-to quick and easy option for my every (day) wear.

EDIT: I have now used this product over winter(s) and can definitely say that it is not something I would use comfortably in winter. with my fairer skin in winter (in summer it gets a little sun-kissed, but is still quite pale) it just doesn't suit. it seems to be darker in winter than it is in summer, which as i said above, i put down to my body tanning slightly.
what a shame, now i need to find another product to use in winter :(

on 1/28/2013 3:39:00 AM

Decided to try this product after reading some good reviews. Have not tried the regular version but this version (oil-free) looks amazing on my skin!

In Australian heat/humidity, my forehead and cheeks were becoming quite oily with my previous combination of moisturiser, sunscreen and makeup. This product has helped to dramatically reduce this problem! I feel it also provides really great coverage - I only need to add concealer where required and some powder if I want a different finish.

This product is great for the price but I'm going to explore getting a higher SPF BB cream, as it's only SPF 15. Still, I am happy to use this product regularly and will probably use this instead of foundation a lot of the time from now on.

UPDATE: I've used this almost daily for about the past 3 months and while I haven't had huge breakouts and pimples, I think it's caused a little bit of mild congestion under my skin surface which I never had before. For example - i've had what feels like lots of tiny little bumps around my chin/jaw area (not actually noticeable unless you feel it properly with fingers). I've been trying to reduce my use of the product and think this problem has improved a bit, so I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Shame, because it would otherwise be a fairly good, affordable BB cream.

on 9/2/2012 9:25:00 PM

I gave up using the original Garnier BB Cream (1) because of the very heavy scent and (2) because it was rather greasy on my skin, even with a dusting of powder on top.
This new one for combination/oily skin is a great product. I wear it for work with a smidgin of day cream underneath and a dusting of powder - although it really doesn't need the powder as the finish is fairly matte in any case. On the weekend I wear it over a 30 spf day cream (no powder) and it still does not look oily. You can't feel it when it's on, but it does give nice coverage. The coverage is between a tinted day cream and a very light foundation. The colour (Light) seems very pale straight out of the tube, but adapts well to the skin. It does not appear to rub off unduly. I have not been able to test the Medium colour.
Ever since Clinique discontinued Almost Makeup I have been looking for a replacement. This could be it! The nearest I came was Olay Total Effects with a Touch of Foundation, but it has a slight orange tinge to it which is OK when you are tanned, but not so good in winter. The Garner oil-free BB cream Light tends to the yellow which is good for my underlying pinkness: with a dusting of translucent powder it's almost perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/5/2016 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bougth this bb cream because I wanted something more lightweight than my current foundation for summertime. The price was great and I have oily skin, so the promise of a matte finish and shine control sounded great.

The pros:
- Great pigmentation and coverage for a bb without feeling heavy like a foundation. I have some old acne scarring which it covers quite nicely.
- Very smooth and matte on the face for the first couple of hours
- The price
- The amount of product you get which is a little more than most other bb's I've researched.

The cons:
- The packaging. The consistency is very thin and liquid and it comes right out of tube without warning to much distress. I think a pump would have been way better.
- After a couple of hours I'm an oily mess. This BB makes me even more oily than I am otherwise!
- Also after a couple of hours it starts to seperate on the skin and look patchy. The texture is very gritty on the skin.

Ive tried with primers, setting powders and fixing sprays to stop the oil train - not happening. Generally I'm beginning to learn that products that advertise as oil-free are giving me even more oily skin.

We have had quite high temperatures while I've been trying out this foundation, so I'm thinking I will stop using it for now and try again in the fall or it the weather turns to see if that helps. Overall it's a nice bb cream, it sadly just exaggerates the features it promised to play down.

on 1/27/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in two minds about this product. The first time I wore it I was in a rush and just slapped it straight on my face and loved the look even though it was quite dark considering it is the lightest shade.. It saved me putting bronzer on so quite convenient actually. .It didn't look unnatural and gave surprisingly good coverage. very watery formula but dries well. I found after a couple hours I was totally oily and an absolute mess. I decided to give it another go but this time primed and set and I love it now. Also love the smell .. its quite strong but very floral. I would buy this again because it is a lovely product if used in the right way

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this for over a year but only because it is almost the only grace product I have tried that doesn't break me out. I bear through the fact that it turns orange after wearing it for about 2 hours everyday. And it sucks because the formula and everything else is great, the color however, not too hot.

on 8/1/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's something I would recommend for summer fair neutral skin tones. I like its runny consistency and its long lasting properties. What I don't like about it is the orangy tint in it. Otherwise good product.

I usually apply it with my clean fingers. Because of its consistency it looks very skin-like. It does slight input in controlling my oily skin and little does so that's a bonus.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have heard some amazing reviews about Garnier's BB Cream lately, so I decided to try it out. The packaging was poorly designed because it got messy really quickly. I was surprised at how well the color blended in with my fair skin; when it first came out of the packaging, it looked rather dark. The product felt fairly light on my skin but it did smell faintly of paint. I have very oily skin and I found that this product kept that oil at bay through most of the day when I set it with some matte finishing powder. It did make my skin smoother and it did make my pores appear smaller. Now, I've struggled with acne for many years and found a skin care system that's kept my skin clear for the past year or so. I do occasionally get a blemish or two, but it's pretty rare. After trying out this BB Cream for a week or so, I noticed two or three rather large blemishes appeared on my face after what felt like just one night. After treating the blemishes like I normally do, these only got worse. I got one of the worst breakouts in over a year, and I fully believe it was because of this product. I hadn't changed my skin care routine or tried out any new products along with this BB Cream. After discontinuing the use of this product, the blemishes have diminished. I won't be repurchasing this BB Cream because of the breakout it had caused me. If it weren't for the breakout, this one probably would have been one of the best drugstore BB Creams I've tried.

on 5/7/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is not bad overall. I think it is a improvement over it's predecessor. The coverage is a lot better, and evens the skin tone very well. I don't find it oxidises or makes me look orange like their original BB cream did. I also found the finish to be a lot more matte as the product claims, so that was nice it did have some oil control. With that said, I wore this product for a week and it dried my normal/combo skin out. I had several dry patches as well as clogged pours after testing this out. I know it was the BB cream, as I went back to wearing Urban Decays Naked foundation (RAVE! Awesome product!!!) the week after and my skin looked beautiful, dryness cleared up and no clogged pores. If your skin is able to tolerate it, and your more on the oily side, this may be a decent product for you at a cheap price.I am just not a fan of American BB creams SO far. The SKIN79 brand (Hot pink label...another holy grail) and other Asian brands really are superior in my opinion.

on 4/6/2013 12:21:00 AM

I wish I could use this :(. Great finish and consistency, but it makes me so orange :(. I'm pretty fair and this just makes me look like I tried to fake tan. Wahh!!