Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium
SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumSkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumGarnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 4/30/2013 3:47:00 PM

I NEVER write reviews, but I had to for this product. I had been using the original BB cream from Garnier and liked the coverage and feel of it, but like most women I am always on the search for my perfect product. Halfway through the day my skin would seem oily.I was hesitant to spend more money on this slightly smaller tube of BB cream for combination skin. I am so glad I did. A little goes along way, goes on with a flawless matte finish. I do find that I need to apply again later in the day if I am going out at night, but thats true for most BB's Ive tried.
I love the way my skin looks and feels with this BB cream.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

AWESOME STUFF! Im using the color Light/Medium and it is amazing! My skin looks flawless! I apply my BB cream with the Real Technizue buffing brush by Samantha Chapman and it stays on my face for at least 8 hours. NO shine NO dryness and just looks beauitful. I was a powder girl before this BB Cream and I'm in love! I've only been using this for about week now, so I will write an update if I break out or anything... So far so good! :)

UPDATE: I'm still in love with this stuff! I've tried soo many foundations..MAC, CLINIQUE, MAKEUP FOREVER, REVLON colorstay....nothing compares to this BB cream! I apply this first and then I apply MAC powder over top.

on 3/13/2013 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff is great! It has the best oil control in all the foundations I have ever used. I have a VERY oily T zone. I use this EVERY DAY.

I use it in light color, but it is just a tad light and pink for me. So, for my everyday use I mix it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 . Very little (maybe a quarter of a pump, very little covers your whole face with a brush) MAC SFF with equal amount of this product on a palette, and apply with MAC 187. This blends it into a cooler tone that matches my skin and increase its coverage.

Color, staying power and coverage of MAC Studio Fix Fluid
PLUS
Oil control, natural look and moisturizers of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector = miracles!

I know the word moisturizer is scary to oily/combination skins like myself, but this one will NOT get you oily.

You don't need to use any other moisturizers, primers, not even setting powder! Maybe a little concealer under this to cover up blemishes, but I still haven't found one that I like.

No oxidation (MAC SFF alone tends to oxidize), no shine, no cakey appearance, no heaviness.
Just that when used alone, this product settles into fine lines a bit. But like I said, don't use it alone. Mix it.

This is also great for under eyes, light enough to highlight, not too dry to make you look old.
It amazes me how one product can be highlighting AND matte AND oil controlling AND not too dry. It's just perfect.

on 3/10/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After i tried the first garnier bb cream, i was very skeptical about a new one. But after reading really good reviews, i though i would give it a go.

I have oily sensitive acne prone skin for reference.

I bought it because the weather is warming up, and i need something light to make my skin tone even and with spf, and natural looking.

Pros
- It's very watery, so it blends very well. Looks like you're applying moisturiser.
- The color (light) is very neutral (more on the yellow side) and it goes very well with my warm tone
- The coverage is buildable. I can use 3 layers without looking cakey at all. And it disguises well my blemishes. If i want more coverage, i use concealer only on my spots. I prefer a very natural look, so i only use 1 layer.
- The finish is just awesome! The skin feels so smooth and soft. It really looks like skin, even if you look really close. Doesn't look like you're wearing make-up, really!
- It camouflages my pores really well (i have huge pores in my nose and cheeks)
- It has a matte finish
- It controls shine very well, although i use some powder on top (personal preference)
- It has spf 20 and moisturising properties
- It doesn't make me breakout, which is awesome!
- It looks better and more natural after a few hours of wearing it - it's not longlasting, but your skin looks good and healthy at the end of the day, which i really like.

Cons
- It has an alcohol scent when you apply it (it's one of the ingredients) - this scent went away after a few applications
- it doesn't last long - but it doesn't claim to do so, and it's a bb cream, not a foundation, so it's excusable
- The packaging spills a bit, even when it's closed, so i have to store it upside down
- It doesn't keep me shine free for more than a couple hours.

I prefer applying it with a brush (i use the expert face brush by real techniques) and the finish is a dream. So flawless and even. And i use less product this way.

Overall, I recommend this product.

on 2/11/2013 11:46:00 AM

Okay I havenít written a review in a while but I honestly HAVE TO write about this. When the Ďoriginalí Garnier BB first came out, I ran to my cvs to get my claws on itÖ and I hated it. Iím in my early 20ís, combination oily skin and I live in south Florida (forever humid and extremely hot). I tend to be very kind to my skin and because I moisturize heavily at night, on most days I tend to skip day cream because if I add any more moisture and my skin becomes an oil slick. The original Garnier BB was a NIGHTMARE, it made my look wonderfully glowing for about the five minutes after I applied it but then OILSLICK, that would run off my face within a couple of hours (plus, I think it might have broken me out). I knew this product was out overseas way before it American stores but to be completely honest I thought it would be the same thing as the first BB, and I was not about to pick it up. But as all of my drugstore purchases begin, I had a coupon. Boy oh boy, was I wrong. This stuff is amazing. It controls oil better than my MUFE Matte Velvet +Ö I KNOW. It has amazing coverage for BB and it wears surprisingly long, however the color is a bit off. Iím about a solid 20 and I can get away with either NC or NW (mac terminology) but I find the light to be a bit dark and a bit too pink. But small potatoes because I love this.. for reference I think I love this more than the Líoreal BB (HG). I will update if anything changes.
PS.It is really, really runny but I really donít think that matters if the product works well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Super cheap, great quality and great look.

I prefer this over foundation for an everyday look. I have skin that is soooo oily and this is perfect for me. I bought this product in light and i loved it so much. But then my friend had it in medium, which looked even better on me.

Must give this one a go. It also has great coverage

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my everyday favorite especially is summer time. Evens out skin tone perfectly and gives enough coverage to hide little discolorations. Takes care of my T zone and lasts all day long. The best way to apply it for me is my finger tips. It really blends well.

It's only a bit runny and that's the only downside I can think of.

on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love the generous 2 oz size for the price! It tends to squirt out of the tube as its quite thin so be careful. I actually have this in medium/deep but couldn't find where that product was - I only saw the 'light' review. But as its the same product, I'll put my two cents in here. My skin is an nw 25-ish or 3.5 (warm beige) in Bobbi. Why did I get med/deep you may ask? Well I have oily skin and was liking my skin79 pink label, but even after oxidizing it looked too light. So I thought a nice mattifying bb cream in a darker shade would mix nicely. It does! And this garnier bb cream for oily skin is like the Mac Pro longwear of bb creams! I put some on my hand to test shade at Kmart and it like didn't wash off til I scrubbed it off! I use an oil based makeup remover so removing it at night isn't a problem. I like how this adds some warmth, oil absorption, and longevity to my skin79. Will definitely be using this alone in the summer! For the price and quantity u get, an excellent, long wearing product for oily skin. Live the SPF 20 too.

on 10/2/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product finally came out in stores here in New Zealand and I went out and bought myself one as soon as I saw it! I bought it in the colour medium. It was a pretty average price - $17.49 NZ dollars.

First of all, I wasn't very happy with the packaging. I guess it's because the product is really runny but as soon as I opened it, so much of it just dribbled out like lava, seriously. I will not be storing it the way it is made to be stored.

BUT the product itself I was impressed with. I was surprised with the amount of coverage it gave. For me, it is almost like a foundation. It has a matte finish but not too matte. Personally I think girls look ridiculous with completely matte faces because it somehow doesn't look right with their non-matte neck/shoulders etc. But this gives a almost matte and pretty natural finish - your face just looks like your face + more even and bright.

I like that it has no scent. Well other reviewers have said that it has a scent but I can't smell anything. I did however like that citrus-y smell of the original bb cream.

Speaking of the original bb cream... This oil-free formula is much better. Don't bother trying that one out if you're curious about both. The original is greasy and leaves you looking shiny... No, OILY.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

After all the hype of the original Garnier BB cream, I was compelled to try it. Sadly, I didn't understand the hype. I liked it but I was a slick mess by the end of the day.

Then, THIS came along.

Amazing product. If I want a sheerer coverage (on a bad skin day, I'll use Estee Lauder Double Wear) or I'm having a day-off from a full face of make-up, I use this product with a dab of concealer. It is quite watery which I found surprising, but a little goes a long way (as with the original Garnier bb).

If you are oily/combo, then dismiss the original and go straight for this!