Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium

Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium
SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumSkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumGarnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

on 9/25/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural looking
- Doesn't crease or cake

CONS:
- Must exoliate if you have dry patches
- Doesn't actually control oil
- Quite expensive where I live (but a bottle lasts forever)
- Shade is pretty orange (Light medium)

I swear i get more compliments on my skin when I wear this than when i'm wearing an actual foundation. This stuff is perfect for everyday wear, because it doesn't ever break me out. It's pretty pricey where i live (15$) but granted, i've had my bottle for nearly two years and used it everyday for school for many months and it seems like there's still a lot of product left. I have a lot of red acne scars and it covers up EVERYTHING, i never have to spot conceal, people can't believe i'm just wearing a bb cream because it's so full coverage.

Reading the claims off Garniers website:
controls shine - nope
minimizes pores - yes
evens skin tone - yes
hydrates - as long as you don't have super dry patches, yes
helps prevent sunburn - yes

A few more detailed cons;
~This stuff is seriously liquidy. The bottle becomes a mess and you have to store this stuff lid up. The regular garnier bb cream is a thick mousse like texture and this is straight up watery. That being said, it still is crazy full coverage and not streaky, just be warned it's super messy and Not a product you can keep in a purse or makeup Bag
~ This doesn't do anything for oil control. Nothing at all. I have crazy oily skin, but i wear milk of magnesia as primer so that doesn't matter to me anymore. That's the only reason i can imagine that people don't like this product it doesn't do the main thing that it claims.
~ this is not a product for people with dry skin. in the wintertime when I get dry patches I need to exfoliate them like crazy because this makes my skin so dry in the winter.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-The color blends beautifully with my pale skin
-It does not leave dry patches on my cheeks
-It looks natural on the skin, like I am not wearing anything
-You get a lot of product, and it is really affordable
-Covers the bags under my eyes perfectly

CONS:
-If you are having a really bad skin day, this BB cream will not cover much
-My T - zone gets a little oily in the summer and the oiliness shines through the BB cream
-Creases on the eyelids

Definitely worth the price, I will repurchase it again.

on 9/16/2016 3:07:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I am very happy with this purchase.I previously used the Aldi BB cream and found it was excellent however the results were far less impressive if I had sunscreen on under it. My face looked shiny and it failed to last.

I often wear a heavy sunscreen and I have been really happy with the results of this BB cream over a 50+ UV cream. It lasts longer, with good coverage and doesn't result in the shinny, oily look

I have also been happy with how good the coverage is and how fair it makes me look. Maybe its because i'm in Australia but I get non of the 'orange' quality others have noted - quite the opposite.

on 9/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

I've been using this product for a good two years.
Shake the tube before using it - and be warned, the first time you might get a shock from the orangey tone of the product. Don't stress, apply it anyway and you'll notice it blends out. It's probably better if you have a slight yellow/beige tone to your natural complexion as opposed to ashy or rosy.

I find this product works best when mixed with a small dot of oil-free moisturiser, or aloe vera gel. However, if you prefer to use it as is - it's still extremely good. Just make sure your skin is well moisturized before you apply.

I use a RT Expert Face Brush or Beauty Blender to apply, though it works just as well with your hands.

The coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how much you apply, and your tool of application. It covers spots and redness well, I find.

I would say this is *almost* a matte finish, but not quite. It looks a little more matte than natural skin. My favourite thing about this product is that it dries into your skin - so if you hug someone with a white shirt, you won't see any residue left behind.

In terms of the packaging, it's great - though the nozzle can sometimes eject product upon opening if not stored correctly - and the screw on cap would be easier as a flip-up, but that's not a big deal for me. I've had no leakages, or anything of the sort - so the packaging is practical and just fine for me.

AVOID like the plague if you have dry skin - it WILL stick to dry spots... it's labelled as oily/combination for a reason.

A tube like this, despite being 40ml, should last you a minimum of 6 months if you have clear skin, or only a few blemishes, and around 4 months if you use a lot of product.

It's my go-to BB Cream (I have tried others), and the fact it has SPF 20 is amazing. I would say it's especially good if you enjoy the outdoors or are going to the beach, as it dries properly, doesn't melt, and contains SPF 20. It doesn't clog the pores as far as I can tell.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this product yesterday and I love the finis. It looks very natural and covers pimples and acne scars very naturally i.e. Skin shows through but it's looks healthy. I think they fixed the packaging because I don't believe it spills a lot

on 1/22/2016 10:41:00 PM

I have tried a lot of BB creams for my combination skin because I use to get oily in my T-zone. Garnier is not available in the Philippines so I had to buy it online. Thank God I found a shop who's selling this. I wasn't doubtful when I purchased it 'cause there are so many good reviews about it. This BB cream gave me what I want, matte finish, fast absorption, and no oily T-zone the whole day. I got very little shiny areas during late hours but not really oily. I just pat my makeup powder and I'm looking very fresh again. Not like other BB creams I've tried, they all gave me oily T-zone half of the day. I apply my powder like 5 times in my office. While Garnier, it worked perfectly, I got Light-Medium shade and I thought it'll make my face so white 'cause I'm a morena, but the shade is perfect for me and I was so happy. I just don't really like the packaging cause it could get messy but overall, it's very good. For combination skin people, you must really try this. I don't know if this will work good in very oily and dry skin. I will definitely buy this again. <3

on 1/22/2016 5:38:00 PM

I love this product! I have it in light/clair and the colour is great, easy to build. I use this as my daily foundation as its very light, doesnt cake or cling to dry patches which I love. Can be used for pretty much any occasion.

Pros: - very buildable - 2-3 layers is med-full coverage.
- covers redness very well
- not cakey
- Doesnt cling to dry patches
- Easy to remove
- doesnt break me out
- Liquidy, a little goes a long way. One tube lasts a long time!

Cons: - You have to set this with a powder other wise slightly sticky

on 1/13/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

well I use the dark shade but I love love this product. I have gotten so many compliments since using it. I don't like to look like I'm wearing foundation but like an even toned and pore less look which this product delivers on. I used to use MAC studio fix fluid which was great but still felt a bit too heavy so I'm quite happy to use a product that's just as good but at a fraction of the price. the only issue is the TERRIBLE packaging!! Oh my word it sucks, it's just not a good experience and I truly hope they will improve it. but at the moment the product works so well for me, I'll continue using it

on 10/12/2015 4:34:00 PM

I absolutely love this BB cream!!
I decided to buy it as I was sick of wearing high end foundations on a day-to-day basis and wanted something more natural but still gives coverage, and I found the perfect product!
If you buff this product in with a buffing brush it actually gives a great medium coverage without looking cakey, it covers all my blemishes and redness and gives a nice glow! Plus, I have oily skin and with all my other foundations my skin gets very oily within a few hours but this BB cream can last all day with a setting powder!
What can I say, looks good, feels nice on the skin, lasts a long time, and not too expensive.

I really recommend this BB cream and if you're the type of person who only wears foundations and is scared that a bb cream will not provide enough coverage etc then buy this one!! Works just as well as a foundation for me :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely lovvvve this product! Use it as a daily product, and 100% prefer it over the foundations i own as it gives a more natural look and doesn't look cakey on my skin at all! Though the packaging is rather tricky as the BB cream seems to just poor out of the packaging and makes a big mess