REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Please read the negative reviews of this product. All of them seem to be for pale, cool-toned girls who wanted to see the lilac shade on their lips, but ended up getting a bright berry-stain fuchsia instead. For me, this formula also stained unevenly. Not flattering at all. I do love this product line, but this shade is for girls with darker skin who look good in a dark fuchsia that looks like you just ate a berry pie.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a certifiable lip stain junkie (Aura, Morpho, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier, Nars, Liptini, and MAC), I have a positively sinful number of lipstains. I l-o-o-o-v-e them and after finding the Aura Scarlet and Liptini Framboise, I thought I was set for life. But these darn little Revlons kept tempting me and one day I broke down and bought this on an impulse. Surprise! I really love it! I went back the next day and bought two more and them a week later bought another four! I love how you can actually use these without a mirror. They can be layered and they fade evenly. Fabulous price point. I love these so much more than the Lip Butters, which for me, are gone within 1/2 hour. The Balm Stains last around 3 hours and on some of them, I like them more at the end than the beginning. I top them with a gloss. One thing that I have noticed is that they do not have a great range of intensity - it doesn't range from a lighter tone/intensity to a deeper one. On a scale of light, they would all be in the middle, regardless of hue. I am a fairly light girl and Darling is a cool tinted color, just perfect. This one and the pinks remind me of 60's colors, kicky and happy. I hope these are here to stay...as the current owner of 7 of them, I don't expect to run out very quickly.

on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this product you can do a light layer or go a little thicker for a more pronouced llavender i don't know what up with all the comments saying this looks fuchsia I guess it depends on your lips natural pigment but on me (pale/brown hair) it's a pure lavender color maybe that why they say fuchsia.I love this color it makes you look so modern and fashionable.

If you don't like mint the smell of these will so annoy you way too minty!

on 9/3/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite shades of these lip stain balms. The packaging originally scared me away from this colour, as it looks super purple, but the product itself is not nearly as purple as the packaging. This is a nice lilac-pink colour that you can wear sheer or build up easily.
I have bought eight of these so far, and plan on buying two more. They are by far the best lip product I have tried in quite some time. You can choose easily how vibrant the colour is (you can apply just a little for a nice hint of colour, or apply it in layers to build it up). I have found that regular lip stains dry out your lips horribly, and settle into any cracks you may have. This is not the case with these balm stains- these go on just like a moisturizing lipstick. They have a glossy sheen to them and over time the colour fades into a stain. It is a very natural looking stain and it looks gorgeous. I love how they won't come off your lips- so they definitely are "kissable"! They smell of mint at first, but the smell fades quickly. Also, they are tasteless (which is definitely better than having an awful taste like most lip products). Also, the packaging is perfect because there is no need for a sharpener- it just twists up.
I am so glad that I tried these stains! None of them have been a disappointment so far, so I am going to continue to buy and use these!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this tonight at Rite Aid. It was $8.99, which is about a dollar more expensive than what you would pay at Walmart or Target, but I'm fine with that because it's much easier to browse all the makeup in a smaller drugstore. Since they call this a balm stain, I was wondering what qualified it as a stain: the lasting power, or the color intensity. Clearly it's not the lasting power. If you're looking for a stain that isn't drying and isn't actually a stain, then this is not it. It has that minty invigorating tingle, which I love. But the color wipes off on a napkin. The color is intense, which is why I think they call it a balm stain: because usually balms are sheer, and this way you get the idea that the color is not sheer. I haven't worn it long enough without eating to know if it would not fade that way, so I can't help on that aspect. However, the color is NOT what I expected. I saw this color used in a magazine makeup look, and it was an electric, shiny purple. It looks more like a pink with a hint of purple, but it's nowhere near the color it looks like in the magazine. When I apply it next time I will conceal my lips first, and see if that helps the color pay off to its true shade.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good product to try out cause its so different. I bought this in 'Charm' and 'Cherish' . I have naturally tan skin so 'Charm' (a nude color) didn't look good on me, it sort of sunk into my cracks and brung out the dead skin..gross, i know. 'Cherish' is actually pretty flattering on my skin color, and it looks really nice and doesn't sink into my cracks and lines.
I personally like them but their not my favorite..

on 8/10/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since I already have a couple of the Clinique "chubbies", I also wanted to try these from Revlon at a less expensive price. They are very similar in packaging, and the product wears about the same as well. While the Clinique sticks had no scent or flavor to speak of, the Revlon balm stains have a hint of minty taste sort of like Wrigleys doublemint gum, but milder. The color I'm reviewing, "Darling", is a lavender pink which looks great with my fair cool complextion. I'm really liking the comeback of these swivel "sticks" for their convenience and the casual light look at times I don't want to get all dolled up but still look nice. Will try more of these to keep in my purse, powder room, desk... all over!

on 7/28/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it! I was initially frightened of this lavender shade in the store, but I took a leap of faith because I love these Balm Stains so darn much. Let me say that I am not disappointed in the least!

The color doesn't make you look like some Nicki Minaj backup dancer -- it's more of a cool toned heliotrope (I just learned that this is a color) that makes you look like a cooler, hip version of yourself. Oh, and the formula is amazing, too! I'm deathly afraid of any lip product exacerbating dry lips, which happens to me a lot if I have to reapply. The great thing about Balm Stains is that you rarely need to reapply AND it's already more moisturizing than other lip stains. The one drawback is that my friends laugh at me like I'm smearing a child's Crayola on myself, but who cares? My lips look fabulous!

on 7/14/2012 10:40:00 PM

I have recently purchased alot of these and let me say they meet my expectations. I really love them. This color, Darling, is a lilac color.Not pink toned, creamy liliac with violet undertones.This would look good on tanner people instead of my NW15 skin and yes I just got rematched.But I have to say it looks gorgeous on my lips.it is somewhat sheer but offers a long lasting color just like Revlon says.Anything that lives up to its claim, is a lipstick for me.The reason why I only gave it 4 lipsticks is I feel it is moisterizing at first and for about 20 minutes but then I feel like my lips are dry.But I do love the minty scent this product has.It is definitly worth the 9 dollars.and they are pretty much the same as my Tarte LipSurgences.Go for it!!!!