L'Oreal Paris Lash Out [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Lash Out in Blackest Black

3.9

on 6/1/2008 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this mascara at all. it weighed my lashes down and didn't separate my lashes. if L'oreal thinks that separating is having the lashes very straight and grouping 4 to 5 lashes together, than they have a wrong idea of what separation means. What a waste of money. I just wasted about 2 gallons of gas i could have bought.

on 5/30/2008 1:31:00 AM

Love, love, love this mascara. It lengthens and volumizes. Also, it doesn't irritate my eyes or make my eyes burn at the end of the day... unlike Diorshow and some of the Estee Lauder mascaras I've used. The brush is the perfect size and it allows me to get to the base of my lashes without getting on my eyelids. This mascara performs much better than the more expensive brands. I've thrown away Diorshow and Too Faced Lash Injection...out of frustration...thinking back I should have just returned them. Anyway, I love Lash Out...for the price and for the fact that it lengthens my lashes, doesn't irritate my eyes, and doesn't flake at the end of the day. Would definitely buy again. I use this in conjunction with Lancome Cils Booster XL.

on 5/20/2008 11:48:00 PM

Wow, this is an excellent mascara. I'm finally giving a mascara 5 lippies! Miracle! I have this in "blackest black," and they're not kidding. It's super-dark and makes my lashes really stand out. I have no trouble with clumping, smudging or flaking, yet it comes off easily at night with my oil cleanser. It has the very dark look of Lash Blast, but the wand isn't so insanely big, and actually forms and keeps curls on my lashes. This really does everything I want a mascara to do, and I think I paid around 7 bucks for it.

DESCRIPTION OF ME: Caucasian PPP with fairly translucent lashes. I use the Blackest Black color.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: From the package: ďLengthening and Separating mascara. Separating curved Teddy Bear brush builds and separates.Ē

PACKAGE: Standard-style gold-colored tube with a red stripe around the base of the wand. Nothing super flashy here. ďTeddy bearĒ style brush that is fairly flexible and can be shaped for more curve if desired.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE: Non-clumpy smooth formulation that applies in thin coats to lashes.

APPLICATION: I am one of those ďless is moreĒ types when it comes to makeup application, so I usually only apply one coat to each upper lid--although one could apply more than one coat easily without worrying about undue clumping with this particular mascara.

DRYING TIME: The drying time for this mascara is pretty fast. Itís not so fast that you couldnít put on an extra layer, but fast enough that you donít have to worry about blinking and accidentally smudging some on your lids.

SMELL/IRRITATION: I couldnít detect any significant smell to this when applying to lashes, and I didnít experience any eye irritation whatsoever.

STAYING POWER/CLUMPING: Amazing. I donít use the waterproof version, so Iím pretty impressed with this formulationís staying power. I work in a hospital, and am usually sweating at some point during the day, and this stuff hasnít budged on me yet. Of course, if I were to purposely rub my eyes with it on, itíll definitely go where itís not wanted. ;-) Towards the end of the container, it does clump a little, but what mascara doesnít after awhile? Compared to the scads of other mascaras Iíve used over the years, this one has the longest shelf-life and manages to not clump for a VERY long time. Even the amount of clumping at the end is nothing compared to some of the clumping Iíve had at use #2 and 3 in other formulas!

NATURAL? YES! I love how natural this mascara looks! Someone mentioned that this was the brand that Tammy Faye used, but so what? I think if you wind up putting ten kabillion layers of anything on, itíll begin to look fake and clumpy at some point regardless of what brand/formulation it is. With this particular mascara, I think it looks natural while highlighting my lashes at the same time.

COLOR: Blackest Black works for my otherwise pale lashes.

OVERALL: My HG mascara! Iíve been using this particular one for the past year, and Iíll never be without it! As far as mascaras are concerned, itís fairly perfect. Five lippies, hands down!

Thanks to Seclusae2 for the layout!
continued >>

I am notoriously fickle when it comes to mascara, but I keep coming back to this one.

I use the non-waterproof teddy bear brush in brownish black. It provides a natural look, but doesn't hold a curl very well. I do find that towards the end of the tube there is some clumping. But, for the price, I'll just purchase a new tube instead of deal with clumpy lashes.

on 4/28/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The tube is ugly. It reminds me of christmas wrapping paper and ribbons. Anyways this stuff is nothing special. P.S. this is the stuff Tammy Faye used. BEWARE

on 4/19/2008 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Lash Out Waterproof is a terrific mascara. Not clumpy and the brush is great. You can easily bend the brush to a 45 dreree angle to make it even better. Very dark black color, good lengthening, few clumps. I like this better than any other mascara except Diorshow Waterproof. Curl your lashes first and comb through afterward: this product does a great job of holding the curl and lengthening.

on 4/3/2008 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this mascara everyday (Thank you, "joyce7"), and this is definitely HG material for me. This mascara gives me great length, minimal to no clumping, nice dark lashes, and NO flaking or smudging. I can't even say all those great things about my more expensive mascaras! Lash Out does not apply too wet; and therefore, does not pull the curl out of my mechanically-curled lashes. I like this mascara so much, I picked up another one today at Walmart! :o)

on 4/1/2008 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the version of this with the straight "teddy bear" brush in black brown. It was a nice surprise that the brush came out of the tube so clean that I didn't have to wipe the access product off before applying and an even nicer surprise when it went on with no clumping, no lashes sticking together, and gave me pretty good length. I took off that one lippy because like all mascaras it smudged on me, but just a little (to be honest I have watery eyes and nothing ever stays in place). I will repurchase and try the waterproof and possibly the black as well.
Edit: Replaced with the slightly better Bare Naturale Mascara. Will no longer repurchase this mascara.

on 3/19/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara gives incredible length! I've been searching for a drugstore mascara that does just this. No clumps or flakes, and it holds a curl. It thickens well enough, although, thanks to my not being satisfied with "soft black," I began applying a coat (at least) of Voluminous. The results are amazing; together, they leave my lashes unbelievably long and full of volume. Definite re-purchase!