L'Oreal Paris Lash Out [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Lash Out in Blackest Black

3.9

on 7/19/2009 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was looking for natural mascara to replace Maybelline Full N' Soft, since the drugstores near me have stopped supplying that mascara. And it started flaking at the end of the day as well. I'd read positive reviews on Lash Out, and since it was on sale, I decided to pick it up. At first, this worked okay. It darkened my lashes and left them fairly natural looking which was fine. However, this mascara left my lashes stick straight, which was disappointing. Also, I noticed the formulation was quite wet and goopy. Then, after about 5 uses, I tried applying this mascara and found it stuck my eyelashes together in 5 separate clumps! Incredibly disappointing. I tried wiping the excess mascara off with a tissue, and i worked okay, but still clumped my eyelashes together a little bit. It's quite annoying and inconvenient having to wipe off excess mascara before applying. And because the formula is so wet, it always smears on my lower lashline right after I apply it. Therefore, I can't recommend this to anyone.

on 7/17/2009 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this mascara while travelling in California. On a side note I have to mention that I absolutely hate the way mascaras are packaged in the US: there is just no point in all that extra plastic and cardboard packaging that produces ridiculous amount of waste. Anyway, Lash Out isn't available in Finland, where I live, at least not yet (the price will be double for what I paid in the U.S.). Lash Out is a decent mascara for providing extra-length and slight volume. It smudges a tiny bit when applied, but it doesn't flake during the day. The brush is just the perfect size for me, but the packaging is quite plain. Also, just like every water-soluble mascara, it doesn’t hold my curl. But the one thing that bothers me the most is that it's very irritating to my eyes! I also purchased the waterproof version, which is slightly better alternative for me.

on 7/13/2009 6:13:00 PM

I actually liked this mascara. It defined my lashes well and what i liked most was the fact that it did not flake at all. It stayed on the whole day and it didn't dry out my lashes either. When i washed my face my lashes actually felt conditioned.

on 7/10/2009 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very average mascara, IMHO. It darkens lashes and gives them a bit of length with virtually no volume at all. Nothing special here! There are better mascaras for the price. Would not repurchase.

on 5/15/2009 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

makes lashes long and thick, makes lashes look and feel natural. stays fresh for a long time too. Its not the best but its decent and pretty good

I haven't found my HG mascara but this one really does do a good job at lengthning and thickning. I will contine using this.

For the first couple of weeks, this mascara gave me amazing definition and length. After that, everything went downhill.

on 4/22/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of the mascaras that I instantly fell in love with for many reasons. In-fact, I'm becoming so attached to this that it may even be HG material!
[ PROS ] - lengthens to an unbelievable degree; gives just enough volume; separates lashes; looks very natural; no clumping; does not flake even with slight perturbation; no irritation (I have very sensitive lids/waterlines and I wear contacts); great price
[ CONS ] - does not hold a curl particularly well; is not very easy to reach tiny lashes in the corners
Though I think being able to hold a curl is a fairly important trait, I can overlook it because of the extent to which my lashes are extended. I'm sure it's very easy to find a mascara that lengthens stubborn/asian lashes, but fairly few actually make it appear natural. Lash Out's pros definitely outweigh the cons, and I plan to repurchase when I run out =)

on 3/23/2009 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

This is the mascara I return to again and again. It makes your lashes thicker and longer, doesn't smear and doesn't run. Whenever I try something else, I'm always disappointed. This is the mascara that I judge all other mascaras by - - so far, have not found anything that comes close to this performance for the price. Thank you, L'Oreal!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

An excellent find for a drugstore mascara, I think it could easily compete with HE brands as well. I love this stuff, it gives me nice volume and length and I absolutely adore the type of brush it has, narrow and skinny. Everytime this mascara gets old and needs to be replaced I get it immediately, it is always in my mascara stash. It will define every lash, the brush is also small enough to really get at the roots and bottom lashes too. Excellent product and price.