L'Oreal Paris Lash Out [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Lash Out in Blackest Black

3.9

on 1/4/2010 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

General complaint - it'd be nice if someone came up with a brush with bristle ends that are rounded (non-jabbing).
The good: great coverage and easy application. Layers easily for a bigger, darker look.
The bad: it does smudge though not as easily as many others and the smallest amount of water and you look like Tammy Fae Baker. If your eyes tear up from the cold or wind, the restroom should be your first visit once indoors. ;)

on 11/11/2009 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara. It does everything that it says- lenghthens and separates and unlike other drugstore mascaras, it does not leave "debris" under the eye. There's nothing like going into the ladies' room at work and realizing that you've been walking around looking like Alice Cooper! Why didn't anyone tell me!?!?!?!!?!?Warning- if you're going to apply more than a coat or two- I strongly encourage you to use an eyelash comb in between coats- unless you're going for the spider look!

on 11/5/2009 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

where has this little drugstore gem been hiding all my mascara-wearing years? i picked it up on a whim just because i liked the look of the brush and i'm very pleased with it. to me, the most important thing in a mascara is that it holds a curl really well and separates and defines each and every lash i have. after those are accomplished, i hope for lots of length and a regular amount of volume. no super thick, chunky spiderleg lashes for me! this mascara does a wonderful job of holding a curl and giving me separated, defined, feathery lashes. it's very black (i always buy the blackest shade available), doesn't flake or smudge, and washes off easily. the one issue i do have with this mascara is that the brush becomes congested with product after about a week and that makes future applications gross and clumpy. what i do is sporadically take a tissue and pull all the mascara off the wand and then re-dip and it applies perfectly. if you get this mascara, like it at first and then find it's overloading your lashes, try wiping the brush and you'll fall right back in love. i would repurchase.

on 10/19/2009 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this many years ago, but never repurchased it, so it must not have made an impression. I recently picked it up again (BOGO at Rite-Aid), after reading in a couple of magazines that itís a celebrity- and makeup artist- favorite. I got it in the brownish-black, and itís a nice, chocolate-brown shade. I usually wear black, but I like this to complement warmer-toned eye makeup looks. I think this is a pretty good mascara. It gives decent volume, length, and separation. It transfers a bit to my upper eyelids throughout the day, but it doesnít flake and it removes easily. It has a standard, straight brush. I do think the cheap-looking beige-gold packaging is in desperate need of a makeover. I can see how this can easily be passed over for newer, more eye-catching mascaras (even in my own collection). I guess itís a testament to the quality of the product, if it continues to remain fairly popular without a ďgimmickĒ. I think itís a good mascara for everyday use, but I have others I like better. Iíd only buy it again if I had a coupon & it was on sale.

on 10/14/2009 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is my go-to mascara for making my eyelashes look extremely long. The great thing is that it doesn't clump, making each single lash look longer.

If you're going to sweat, cry, wear while being physically active, have oily skin, or use moisturizer, then go for the waterproof version of this mascara.

It can be irritating to contact lens wearers, but I found this only while I was wearing soft contact lenses, not RGP (rigid gas permeable).

on 10/1/2009 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite lengthening mascara! Lash Out gives me long, beautiful lashes with no clumps and unlike other L'Oreal mascaras, it washes off easily and doesn't make my lashes brittle.

i love this :). not clumpy at all, and provides really good length, separation, and definition. it's a little bit on the natural side, but by layering coats you can achieve a dramatic effect. definitely worth buying

on 9/15/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another clearance buy for only $1.99. I don't usually wear mascara that's not waterproof and this particular one reaffirmed why I don't. Like all other non-waterproof mascaras of all brands and price range, this formula completely deflated the curl in my lashes the second it was applied. I had to wait for it to dry before re-curling. Thank goodness it doesn't stick to my eyelash curler, otherwise, I would've been very frustrated. The wand is super long making it a little difficult to handle. The bristles are average and provide decent separation of the lashes. One coat gives a super natural look, but you definitely have to build it up with additional coats if you're looking for more drama. I've had this on for about 4 hours now, and still no smudging which is rather unusual for me with non-waterproof formulations.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this mascara on sale and it is not something I would normally buy. The brush is substantial and fits great in my hand to apply. I hate the formula though. The mascara goes on thick and sloppy looking. It always looked like I went crazy with the mascara, very clownlike. Even on the brush it looks sloppy. Would not recommend.

on 8/16/2009 12:48:00 AM

I have been wearing Lash Out for nearly 15 years, since high school. It makes my lashes look longer and thicker, and I often get asked if my lashes are fake. Nope! I also like that they have a black/brown color, which is better for me with my fair skin and hair. I buy new mascaras at least three times a year to make sure I've still got the best, and nothing (Maybelline's Lash Stiletto and that yellow one--Colossal?) comes even close. I also bought the waterproof for my wedding, I cried, and it stayed on. A friend actually asked me which one I bought because it didn't come off. I'll keep looking for one to beat it, but 15 years is 15 years . . . Do make sure the brush isn't goopy, though. I occasionally run it through a tissue. It still lasts the 3-6 months even with removing extra. Try it! CVS will let you return makeup if you say it didn't work for you.