L'Oreal Paris Lash Out [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Paris Lash Out  [DISCONTINUED]
L'Oreal Lash Out in Blackest Black

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always come back to this one way or another, it is a good old standby and a great standard drug store mascara. It is also a cheaper version of Lancome mascaras if you are looking to save some $$$$ (Lancome, L'Oreal and Maybelline are all owned by the same company). I used to use this when it came in a maroon tube, years ago. They changed the formula since then but it still lengthens well with some volume and no smudging or smearing. No eye irritation and minimal flaking. I venture to try new mascaras and come back to this one if I don't like them. Staple in my makeup bag!

This is a very 'blah' mascara. It doesn't do anything special for your lashes, a VERY natural look, it doesn't clump and seperates nicely, but it doesn't lengthen or volumize at all.
The packaging is horrible. The tube I have doesn't even have a name on it! Which isn't a disaster but every girl wants a pretty tube, right?

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used Lancome L'Extreme for years and I love it. Recently I decided to find something cheaper. I gave L'Oreal Lash out a try. It does the same job compare to L'extreme but three times cheaper. The package needs update a little bit. But for the price, I don't mind. I love Lash Out now.

I like this mascara because I find that it isn't a gimmick, like so many others you'd find at the drugstore, it doesn't make bold claims it can't live up to, nor does it boast ridiculous ingredients like nylon, lycra and collagen. This mascara is a classic drugstore staple, and for length, its one of the best out there, and no flaking! If you're shopping around for a lengthening mascara, I'd consider this, and the brush is easy to work with, the formula isn't too wet. My experience with all lengthening mascaras though, is that they tend to be "curl killers' so after going over my Shu Umeura curled lashes with this, they fall a bit flat, but its nothing another curl after the mascara's dry can't fix. I greatly enjoy this mascara, its not HG for me, but its very, very good. Oh, and I think the packaging needs a major overhaul.

on 2/26/2010 7:57:00 PM

This works great for me. It lengthens my lashes quite a bit and generally makes them look lovely. It also comes off really easily, without stressing my lashes. The only problem is sometimes I notice flakes on my cheeks toward the end of the day.

on 2/13/2010 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

At first when i read reviews on this mascara, i went out and bought this at walgreens for only 4.99. When i tried it on, i didn't like it so much. I have asian lashes thats short and curls only at the ends. This mascara didn't really do much of a great job at holding curls. But thats probably because i got this in non-waterproof.
The only good thing about lash out is that it doesn't flake throughout the day. Other than that, it didn't lengthen much, rarely any volume. CLUMPS! and it smears. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty good, but not as good as my Full n Soft. 3.5 stars.

Price: $9.99 at CVS. Not a great price, but okay compared to department store mascaras.

Availability: Very widely available.

Packaging: Gold tube. Pretty cute, actually, but not the best.

Brush: Teddy bear brush. I like bushier brushes, but this one still works okay.

Formula: Pretty good formula. Not too clumpy, but not as volumizing as I'd like. I agree with the other reviewer who said it made her lashes look "anorexic"; they are long, but too skinny looking. You know how people say some mascaras grab your every tiny lash? Well this one takes the big ones you have and makes them longer and darker. Not a bad effect, but not a great one.

Ease of Application: Very easy. Only needs one coat. I do wipe off the wand first, but I do that with every mascara.

Color: I accidentally got black-brown, so it's not as dark as I'd like, but that's not the mascara's fault.

Finish: Kind of matte. Definitely could be improved.

Clumps?: Very, very hard mascara to clump.

Overall Effect: Long, dark-ish lashes with only a teensy bit of volume.

Staying Power: Very good. Absolutely no smudging/flaking, as opposed to a *little* bit with my Full n Soft.

Buy Again?: Nope. This is a fairly good mascara, but I shouldn't have strayed from my Maybelline Full n Soft; it gives a better effect and is cheaper.

on 2/3/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

What has happened to my beloved Lash Out? I had bought one awhile back, it was perfect! Thick, long lashes quickly. Period.
So when I ran out I waited til it was on sale and bought another. But what has happened? They must have changed the formula??? This goes on thinly making stringy lashes, no fullness at all and a lot more effort required. I'm not keen on Voluminous and Collagen Volume was a huge mess. So I guess L'Oreal and I are parting ways.

It was good while it lasted, but, you just don't make me happy anymore. I need to try new things and maybe when you've worked out your issues we could try again. Wish you the best.

I like this mascara more than most that I've had, but it definitely smudges. I just like the brush and I feel like it holds the curls a lot better, but still... it smudges and I can't get past that!

on 1/21/2010 11:21:00 AM

This is the one I keep coming back to. I get a wandering eye, and I stray, but I'm always disappointed and Lash Out always takes me back without complaint. It's just a very, very good, not too expensive, mascara. For me, the most important thing is the brush, and this is honestly and without question, the best brush on the market. The bristles are not too long and not too short or sparse. I'm not too crazy about the plastic bristle phenomenon, so the teddy bear brush is still my favorite. Lash Out doesn't clump much either (they all clump some, especially when the tube has been in use for a while). It's just a great product for the price!