REVLON Colorsilk Permanent Hair Color

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

After hearing raves about this dye, I also decided to try it. Result - itchy scalp and grey hair was covered just until the first wash. Won't buy it ever again

I use soft black, I've been using this hair dye/brand for many year's now never had a problem with it. Great price value. Dislike the plastic gloves but still worth is.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My current hair color is blue, and my natural hair is darkish brown, so, because of this, I have to lighten my roots to make the blue show up when I touch up my hair. This dye is the absolute best for blonding roots. I use the color '03 ultra light sun blonde' and it gets my roots to a nice bleach blonde color. It also doesn't fade the remaining blue in my hair if I accidentally get some on my already dyed hair.

It doesn't really give your hair a "3D color" like the box promises, but this isn't a really big deal for me since I just cover it anyway.

And you can't really go wrong with the price on this one: where I bought it, it was under $3!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

As a naturally dark strawrberry blonde, I am a very flexible versatile person and get bored with hair colour quickly and like to experiment this would be the perfect dye if you wanna change yoru look monthly.At least good gloves come with it. It's messy! I am prematurely grew for my youngest ages, and guess what the brown reds, especially reds don't work well, they make hot roots meaning roots are righter than rest fi hair (even if I dye roots last during application) this don't hold on long, I follow innstructions and all that, and I've failed with colour miserably even with coloursilk luminsta, as reds fade fast, Coloursilk faded in a week in bright auburn and two weeks in a half with red 150 Luminista and the light auburn faded in 2 weeks in a half and the deep red faded in less than two weeks, even if I wash my hair thrice a week or less.I shower daily FYI and I'm very into health, holistic healing and medicines, vitamins, and hygiene I used colour safe and sulfate free shampoos, red colour don't hold on, my mom sues the blond and it turns brassy ad fades in 8 weeks when its time to touch it she mixed ash brown and light ash blonde. She uses dark ash blonde most of the time, I forgot that exact colour and number or model on the box. It never comes out like the box or colour swatches on the back of the box, if there were a shade or two darker it would be that, it says (with on the box instruction or online I surely don't remember) don't go three shades lighter to darker than your natural colour. I'd don't believe in bleach and even if I did bleach first I's have faded hair. Not worth stripping to damage no way hoze. I'm right, because I even read revbiews and watched comments and reviews online so I know its not just me, good news, if your covering greys or going to medium brown to black that dark, then it's good. Not a very powerfull dye, and it's super cheap, I was happy for a two weeks that's all. It did not ruin me or my Mommys hair and no ammonia - that's equals also goo d news, guys ood uck on this brand name, Revlon is better in makeup, i don't believe I fell for Revlon Coloursilk Luminsta commercials and online ads too late to turn back now, It's one, i learn if I want light brown or red - use another brand. Even if I wanted to go back brown or blonde, I would go stick with Garnier Olia or Nutrisse or even Loreal Paris Feria or Preference they live up to their expectations much more, and ombre kits i don't really wanna mess with it, i thought it wa a good sale I grabbed from Walmart....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy was I wrong, Clairol Natural Instincts System worked better than this. jus not for me and my mothers , our medium thick hair type. i even tried adding blonde highlights to the light auburn and guess what turned Orange, unnatural type like orange-yellowy not a good type, from moms dye lighter blonde and made them in balls. this is my opinion. Have a nice day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Beware of this product! I read all the great reviews so decided to try it. I've been dying my hair with d/s products for 25 years and have usually had pretty great results. My hair is shoulder length but greying so I'm always touching up the roots. Anyway, I drank the Colorsilk kool-aid. Purchased it in Canada for $4.99. At first I was extremely thrilled. I used the black/brown and every centimetre of my hair was dark. But over the last two weeks, I've noticed my hair is very dry, dull and absolutely will not hold any kind of curl. Previously this wasn't an issue because my hair always had body. It seems to even have a different texture now. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I'm struggling and may even have a few inches cut off to remedy the situation. In any case, I'm glad it works for so many people. But tread carefully...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used Revlon ColorSilk in Dark Brown on short my brown/black hair w/ about 10% dye resistant grays 6 days ago. It was $3+change including tax @ my local Target.

First off, the color was much darker than I expected. I thought I'd pretty much have my original color w/ the grays coming out a dark brown. What I got was a monochromatic black/brown head of hair after following Revlon's directions for covering stubborn gray.

At least the dye successfully covered my stubborn grays and the color seems to be mellowing out a little bit. I didn't shampoo for 24 hours but still had a little dye bleed onto my towels after shampooing on days 3 & 4.

Though the smell was okay, the dye really roughed up my hair cuticles & dried it out. Wet my hair was a tangled mess. The included conditioner only helped a tiny bit. However, after drying, my hair was reasonably soft and shiny.

One box was enough for my short hair w/ just a tiny bit to spare so if you have shoulder length hair or longer, get 2 boxes or more.

Pros:
1) Covers stubborn grays.
2) Cheap.
3) Smells okay.

Cons:
1) Dries out your hair.
2) Box claims multi-dimensional color, but I got a monochromatic result.
3) Color comes out darker than expected.
4) May need to get 2 or more boxes for hair any longer than a pixie cut. (ex. Anne Hathaway's short hair @ her wedding)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best touch-up hair color for me, a 67-yr-old female who possesses thick, fine hair and who now finds herself with yellow-gray hair which frames my face. (I have just a few stray gray hairs at the crown of my head otherwise.)
I am a brunette with natural red highlights and have been using # 43 (medium golden brown) which is a nice soft light brunette color. I do not wish to join the legions of my age group who have chosen to go redder or blonder than their natural hair color- somehow they all look the same to me. Just boring- those flat red and dull light brown shades.
I do not leave the color on as long as recommended because my hair is fine- maybe 15-17 minutes at most. The color is pleasant, it blends nicely with the rest of my hair (I do rub the remaining product into my entire head of hair for the last 5 minutes of exposure time) and the product does not dry my hair or make it frizzy as some other "touch-up" products have done.
AND, the price is so spectacular. For anyone on a budget this stuff is a GIFT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Review for Revlon Color Silk 04 Neutral Blonde.

In my quest to find my holy grail of perfect in home color that I can afford to do every two weeks I next tried Revlon ColorSilk. I was impressed with the No Amonia and price $5!

Pretty basic setup. Developer and dye was just enough to do my whole head of roots. Consider two boxes if doing all your hair. The gloves were cheap but adequate. The conditioner is a baby squeeze packet. I will use it for travel.

This is not a bleach it is more of a dye so you leave it on for an hour. Nice thick cream that went on well but it did sting my scalp so I could only make it 40 minutes.

I LIKE the COLOR. Some brass but not too bad. Covered all the grey silver. Blended nice. Tonal. I went out and bought another box. It left my hair soft not dried out!

One lipie removed for scalp trouble but this is a nice warm neutral blonde that does't wreck your hair for $5!

Ok so I bought the Medium ash brown shade to try and cover my light-auburn-brown hair. I hate red on me and whenever i'm going dark i'm always trying to go as ashy as possible. My natural hair is dark ash blonde so i'm guessing it's just the best tone for me. I've used colorsilk before but in the lighest shades and i liked the results so i purchased this and got to work. My hair could be described as a long pixie (i'm in the process of growing it out) and fine but i have LOTS. Sometimes i don't have enough product to do my whole head (i'm looking at you colorist secrets....)
I only had a tiny bit of regrowth and since i was changing my color i decided to do my whole head at once (i should have done the roots first, lesson learned) and left it in my hair for 25 minutes. It took me a while to saturate all of my hair so i might have left it a bit longer. I don't have greys. Don't freak out: you head will turn purple/black. You can also expect to repaint your whole shower if you're not careful. Anyway after rinsing/conditioning and drying, the results are satisfying. I was afraid it would be a shade darker since my hair is very porous and damaged but overall it is medium brown. I took off a lippie because i still have red in my hair so i'm not 100% happy but overall it's nice. Minimum damage, smell is ok, rinses well, shade is somewhat multi-dimensional (but that might be my hair, it has layers of highlights and dyes) so i'll repurchase. I wish it was more ashy but i'll do a second round and it should be ok. Sorry it's a bit long but you get the full experience haha.

PS: why is medium brown labeled as a 4?? In my book, 4 is a dark brown and 5 is a medium brown....

Revlon Colorsilk in Soft Black 11 is my go to when I want to go back to black hair. It really is a soft black. It's just darker then the darkest brown black shades out there. I am pale and I find it flatters my complexion rather then make me look like I am ill ha ha. Normally if I do a really dark black I have to wear alot more blush and usually lipstick as well. Not with this soft black. It's very natural looking. I am naturally a brunette on the darker side so this is darker them my natural color. I get a lot of compliments whenever I dye my hair this color and it's dark enough that if I want to put fun funky colors in my hair as well it's a nice contrast without being too brown or too dark of a black. I find it to be a happy medium between my natural color of brown that bores me and going too dark of a black. The best part is the product is always reasonably priced no matter where you buy it and it lasts. It is well worth it. Revlon Colorsilk line as well as their Luminsta line are both great products. I usually go back to Luminista when I want to be a red head again. Makes touch ups a breeze for us brunettes.