Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

4.2

on 3/3/2013 10:23:00 PM

LOVE SO FAR! I bought this product a few days ago. I heard some really great reviews on it and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that it stated "great color WITHOUT ODOR" right on the front. If theres anything that annoys me to no end, its smelling like some nasty chemicals after I apply a self tanner.

FIRST I want to start by saying that I am PALE. Like pasty, paper-white, almost albino looking kind of pale. Thankfully in the summer I get some color. When I first applied this after my shower in the morning, there was no difference. The lotion itself is white and thus did not change my white skin right away. As the day went on a definitely saw a little bit of color starting to creep up. Which was good, but not great. I want noticeable tan. So before bed, I decided to put some more on. And within a few minutes, I swear, I got darker.

As for the smell. When i first smelled it out of the tube, it smelled florally. It had the SLIGHTEST hint of that self tanner smell, understandable. I didn't expect this product to completely avoid that. But I was satisfied that I didn't smell disgusting. BUT as the day went on, it got worse. Which is why I didn't give this product an outstanding rating. The smell wasnt unbearable, but it was there, and I knew it. Not sure if anyone else around me knew it though.

All in all, I've used this product all over my body and even my face, and I don't look like a piece of paper anymore. And the smell is much more discreet than any other product I've tried. Mission accomplished.

Wow, I love this product! This new formula with SPF is leaps and bounds better than their previous non-SPF version. It has SPF 20, a really smooth consistency, comes out of the tube easily, has a barely-noticeable self-tanner smell (yes!!!), rubs in easily, and dries quickly.

What's the word that means the opposite of a perfectionist? Because that's me when it comes to applying lotion and self-tanner--I just want to get it over with. This product hasn't turned out streaky or blotchy at all on me, and that's saying something. I do think the color is a tad orange, but perhaps that's because I used the one for medium to tan skin tones, and I'm relatively fair. Despite that, I will continue to use this since it feels good going on, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes me look sun-kissed.

The tube I bought was $12 at Target, and came with a free mini tube of the new self-tanner + SPF for face, which I also love (provides SPF 20, non-greasy moisture, evens skin tone, and doesn't cause me breakouts). Way to go Jergens!

on 7/23/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I was looking for something that would make my complexion look more healthy. I had previously used Neostrata sunless tanner but I didn't like it on my face. This is exactly what I was looking for. It has an SPF, which is an added bonus, it isn't greasy or heavy at all and it gives a gradual, natural-looking glow. I use this as my daily moisurizer in order to maintain my colour. This never looks orange or fake on my skin and I have used it day and night in the past. I imagine it would be very difficult to mess this up.

on 7/21/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the best self-tanner I've ever tried. It's so easy and I never get streaks. I actually don't mind the smell of this product at all. I really wanna try the one for the face now!

on 5/28/2012 12:33:00 PM

I've used them all from Clarins, Lancome, Lorac (which I still love "TANtalizer") but........BUT....this works the best, it is so not streaky, just a very smooth tan coming out of this bottle. I will buy many more bottles & forget Mystic Tan....which is always orange on me.

Jergens really prfected this stuff!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this product to be VERY DIFFERENT from the regular Jergens gradual tanning moisturizer. That said, I LOVE this gradual tanner + protect, and don't care much for the other.

I don't tan at all during the summer (I wear sunscreen almost all the time) and so I depend on self tanner to convert my fair skin to sunkissed bronze. I spotted this product in CVS, and the concept of a self tanner and sun protection in one prompted me to buy a bottle of medium/tan for $9.99.

That was $9.99 well spent. I was shocked to discover using this product resulted in an immediate tan that's far superior to the regular gradual tanner. I slathered it on in the morning before heading out, and by afternoon, my skin was sun-kissed and looked like I'd been lying in the sun for a week. I thought I was hallucinating at first! Luckily, I didn't have any streaks, even though I hadn't been at all careful in my application; the tan wasn't drastic enough for that, but I did have some stains on my hands. After applying every day, by the third day I was as dark as I'd ever want to be, and not at all orange. Not bad! Soooo much better than I expected. When I bought the bottle, I was kicking myself for giving into a gimmick. But now I'm rather glad I tried it.

The smell doesn't bother me; in fact, I rather like it. To my nose, it's very florally, which provides a nice reprieve from incessantly coconut flavored tanners. It's quite strong, though, so after a few bottles, I may grow disgusted with it. We'll see.

Now for the cons, of which there are only two. I really really really wished this provided higher sun protection (of course) and it would be wonderful if it employed the use of Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide) as I prefer to use physical sunblockers, and I use only physical sunblockers on my face (CVS and Equate brands Zinc Oxide SPF 50). I deducted a lippie for the sun protection issues I just mentioned, although I'm not sure that's fair, as this is the first product of its kind I've come across and the tanner works so well.

After a week, it does begin to get blotchy and gross, but what tanner doesn't? Skin exfoliates, after all. That's what my scrub and vaseline cocoa butter are for. The good news is, with this tanner, I have a nice glow within eight hours, so the fact that I have to exfoliate every week and a half and start over is no biggie :)

If you're on the fence about this product, give it a try, especially since so many stores have such great return policies (don't abuse, of course) you've got nothing to lose.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This kind of worries me. I put it on my wrist so that no one could see my veins (i'm pale) and after 1 small apply my wrists/arm are this yellowish tan color. It isn't washing off. Does it fade or go away??? I need to know if it'll go bck to my normal skin soon or if it will fade/go on unevenly. I didn't know that this was an actual tanner I thought it was just like a tinted moisturizer.

Jergens has greatly improved their product: decent smell, less streaks, more natural color. However....I'm finding that it wears off pretty quick, and unevenly at that. Just wanted to let others know.

on 5/5/2012 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

FINALLY! a tanner for those of us who hate to take the time to make sure the cream is VERY even to prevent streaks and who cannot put on a second coat without streaking.

I had avoided the "daily" gradual tan products figuring they'd not work well---swapped for Nevia's(sp) and liked the results, but not the coffee smell. Tried jergens' NO smell, love that. Then it does give good moisture which I need since I am a swimmer.

But the gradual color is fantastic. Even colors my hands, top of my feet, elbows, ankles and knees without extra stain! I'm in LOVE. I do remember to wash the palms of my hands (not the top) to make sure that area stays ok, but the rest is wonderful.

Add in that it has SPF 20 and I use on my face and neck to protect me when gardening. At 10 bucks it's not Cheap, but I've gotten a bunch of uses and still have half a tube left.

Give it a shot, it's worth it!

on 4/23/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been a fan of the original natural glow (medium to medium-tan) for about 5 years now and when I went to buy another bottle I noticed this version so I picked it up. It works exactly the same as the original formula just with a added spf20. Finally one with spf for the body! That was always one of my main concerns before. Not a problem anymore:) The scent is different and I actully prefer it over the original scent. The scent does fade after a few hours and the smell of self tanner becomes more present but not overlly poweful. Performance, like I said, is the same. After about a week of daily use you will be able to see a difference. This stuff is perfect for maintaining my tan in between beach/pool visits. Love this stuff, will buy over and over!