Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

No Image

3.2

on 5/31/2009 5:00:00 PM

I love his lippie purely based on the color. The pros: color is beautiful soft red and completely flattering for my coloring - fair-med skin w/peach undertones, dark brown hair and eyes, pale lips. I wear this frequently purely for the color. It totally is mlbb and healthy lips color. Does add a bit of brightness too, its on the brighter red side but very soft. Cons: Drying, not sheer, not great staying power. Need to have nice exfoliated lips or the dry nature of this stuff accentuates any flaking.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick was an impulse buy for me last night at Nordstrom, but I love it! I put applied it this morning at work and then forgot I had it on. When I went to the bathroom a few hours later, I thought, "Wow, my lips look good...!" Then I realized it was my new lippie. :)

Gives my olive complexion a heathly, natural lift! My lips are naturally slightly pink, and this doesn't look fuschia at all--more sheer red with a tinge of pink. I recommend!

on 12/13/2007 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

THİS is a horrible lipstick. İ only like the colour but the quality is worst. Or the lipstick that İ ordered from web is old, İ dont know. İt smells terrible like old oil, and its not smooth, İ have to press it on my lips to get it there. and it dried out my lips. Terrible product. İ've never seen and used such bad product. İ have to throw it away. 20.-usd gone.
İ want a sheer smooth lipstick, that looks natural like healthy lips, but this isnt it. İ am warning you: dont buy these lipsticks.
But İ will try the stickgloss from this brand. Lot of members write this smell thing about the lipsticks but they like the stickglosses.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I actually found this quite heavy for a "sheer" product. Having said that, however, Healthy Lips is a fabulous colour on my pigmented, cool-toned lips. It goes on a medium-deep pinkish red - not at all fuschia - and really brightens up my face while still looking a really natural shade. It lasts extremely well and doesn't bleed over the lipline, but I would have preferred slighly more shine and a lighter feel to the lipstick.

on 11/15/2007 12:12:00 PM

GREAT GREAT GREAT! XD it's my HG red lipstick! it gives a natural look : best lip bitten color, as if my lips had kissed a hundred of people hihi ^^
doesn't turn fushia on me
yet, i agree with the smell : YERRRRK >w<
*in love with this lipstick*

on 9/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

I guess this one isn't for everyone! For me, it is the perfect red. I have light olive toned skin with pigmented lips, dark hair, and dark brown eyes. My sister saw this on me and said "Oh my God, that's the best red lipstick I've ever seen." Looks great on her, too. Doesn't turn fuschia on me, just stays the perfect RED. I've already been through 3 tubes and am nearly ready for number 4.

on 8/3/2007 1:12:00 PM

Healthy Lips is currently one of my favorite lipsticks. It's deep red-rose in the tube, but since it's sheer it isn't as deep on the lips. I have quite a bit of pink to my lips naturally, but amazingly enough it doesn't turn fuchsia. It really gives my lips a rosy, healthy look. It obviously doesn't give that look to everyone, so I guess testing it would be a good idea. I love the texture. It's soft and smooth, and so feels comfortable on the lips, yet it wears very well too. That surprised me. Usually, sheer lipsticks wear off easily and anything long-wearing can dry out my lips. Healthy Lips doesn't do that to me. The lipstick also feels light on my lips, like I have nothing on. I just get a stain of rosy, sheer color. So pretty. What is not so pretty, however, is the scent. Yep, this one has the typical LM "old lady" lipstick scent. I don't like it, but I find it tolerable. Packaging is kind of clunky too. For a lipstick so pretty and such good quality though, I can live with these two drawbacks. ;)

on 1/26/2006 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Healthy Lips looks too red visually. But when applied, gives that right shade of sheer red for a sweet geisha look--the red for people who can't wear red! It's almost just a stain when applied so don't be fooled by the pigment! It applies sheer, almost lip-balmy in feel. But if you wanna up the intensity and go full on, you can if you apply more! A little goes a long way. I took off one lippie for the smell-- a bit plasticky like most LM lipsticks are. Thumbs up for the super natural texture of its formula. I'd compare it with Maybelline's Dragonfly Red but a tad less glossy.

on 12/4/2005 2:45:00 PM

I am yet another person who just "had" to have this lipstick and, needleess to say, it is already on it's way back for a refund. I've read about this for quite some time and, most recently, saw Sara Jessica Parker wearing it on the cover of In Style. It looked fabulous on her. I ordered it from Amazon.com and it was $20, but I did get free shipping. It arrived quickly and I could not wait to try it on. The color in the tube looked pretty dark, but when I put it on, oh my gosh. What a horrible color. If you've ever seen a "violet red" or "red violet" Crayola crayon, that is what it looks like. It was a very bright shade of fushia pink. I tried to mute it some with a nude color and event tried a gloss, but I quickly determined that I would never wear it again. One thing that is amazing to me is the texture is aweful! It is not moisturizing in the least. It did not go on smoothly and it made my lips feel very dry. I'm giving it 2 lippies because the packaging was nice and there was a full money back guarantee. I would have given it a third lippie if the texture had been nice and it was just not my color, but the quality just wasn't worth $20 for me even if I did love the shade. Wet and Wild lipstick is better than this.

on 8/14/2005 1:55:00 PM

My HG! What can I say? It is perfect on me (pale skin, dark hair and eyes). I cannot wear browns, coppers, corals, oranges, etc. My lipstick has to have blue undertones and has to bring some pop to my face. This is the color. I am on my second tube and will buy it again and again.