Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 1/2/2016 7:39:00 PM

I'm an NW15. I originally tried the regular chocolate soleil via 100 point perk. I liked that so much that I bought the full size. Which was different, in my opinion. It was too orange, and had a lot of fallout. So I tried this one hesitantly, because I was afraid it wouldn't show up. It is incredible. There is almost no fallout, and the color is beautiful, and very believable. Not too orange, not too pink, just perfect, like a tan, which is what it is supposed to look like. I use the RT blush brush. I can use as much as I want, and it never looks overdone.

on 12/31/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG OMG OMG new HG bronzer. This stuff is amazing!! I have very fair skin (NC15) and most bronzers look orange on me. The shade "milk chocolate" is seriously perfect for fair skin; not orange at all. I have been using mainly drugstore bronzers so I was super amazed at the pigmentation of this stuff; it seriously only took one swipe of this to bronze up my skin nicely. It also smells very nice, like chocolate. I would recommend this to anyone!

I received this in an ipsy bag, as a sample. Color me impressed! I have pretty light toned skin, which makes it difficult to find a brozer that doesn't make me look muddy. This does a great job and is a great match for my skin. It wears like most powder bronzers, nothing amazing other than the color. I still use it everyday.

on 12/20/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pretty good product. It's a nice, neutral tan/brown that works on my NC25 skin, and the smell is to die for, like chocolate. I hear it has anti-aging antioxidants in it. But it's just too matte for a mature gal like myself. I need something with a bit of sheen to it. Still, for younger skins it's a nice bronzer that won't make you look like you've painted stripes on your skin.

on 12/13/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I never hit pan on any product I ever buy, but I did with this one. This bronzer is perfect if you have pale skin (NC15), it wont look too dark and its build able. The matte finish looks natural and creates a natural contour. And the best part about it is the scent. It smells absolutely heavenly. Will buy again. Definitely HG material.

This product is great. I've had it for almost a year now and it still smells beautiful and my hubby loves the scent as well. The color pay off is perfect for porcelain-medium tones and is absolutley beautiful to use for sculpting. It's not too warm but it's also not too cool, I find it to be a very happy medium especially for my fair skin. The product itself lasts me all day and it doesn't smear, drag, run, or lighten throughout. It's not powdery which is a big big deal for me. I like my makeup to be smooth, and extremely easy to blend. This product offers that and an extremely easy and even application on various types of brushes. For me personally, i use an angled contour brush to sculpt my cheeks, jaw, and forhead. I use an eyeliner brush for my nose and the blend with clean large eyeshadow brush. If I'm feeling extra lazy I also use it as a crease color for my eyes if I'm shooting for more of a natural look if I'm rushing in the morning. The packaging is phenomenal as well. Very secure closure that will not break like some compacts can. I love the look from the outside, as well as the inside. The pan is definitely secure in there and I have dropped it a few times and its still in beautiful condition. The mirror is still even in tact and a great size to use as a little compact to carry in your purse for touch ups through out the day. The only thing I can think of that is off putting could be the smell if you're not.into your makeup smelling like food, and the price. But for what you get I say the price is.do-able and well worth it. Definitly a must have contour product that I have yet to find a real replacement for.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones. I used to wear Bare Minerals' Warmth bronzer until I noticed it looked a little too red/orange on my skin. I got the mini Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer in the Bronzer Wardrobe from Ulta and it works perfectly.
I love the cocoa smell, which just makes it more fun to use. I also love that it's cruelty free. However, it's pretty expensive and I don't think the Bronzer Wardrobe is available anymore.
I wouldn't repurchase because of the price, but I heard about a dupe that I think I will purchase once I finish my mini bronzer: The Milani Multitasked Face Powder in 05 Tan. It's only $6.29 and from swatches, I believe it's the exact same color. I can live without the delicious chocolate scent for that price.
**EDIT**
I bought the Milani Multitasker Face Powder in 05 Tan and it's the exact same color as the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil. I found it for around $8 I think at Meijer. The only differences are obviously the smell and it's a little bit more pigmented so I have to use a little less product. If you want to save your money, the Milani powder is definitely a dupe.

on 10/8/2015 5:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I hate the smell.. It's way too sweet but I don't notice it after application so it doesn't really matter anyway.

The shade is okay, I'd like it to be a bit less yellow toned but I can make it work for my NC10-15 skin and I like that it doesn't look dusty on the skin even tho it's matte. It's nice that the shade is actually so light that I don't have to be careful not to apply too much product. I think for someone who has pink undertones this probably wouldn't work.

But I love the finely milled consistency and it doesn't kick up product when you dip your brush in so that's good. Maybe I'll try the original chocolate soleil next time if the shade would be better for me..

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I had this once a few years back and enjoyed it, but it wasn't as pigmented. Since the packaging revamp, I am a lot happier with this product as it shows up much more and lasts much longer.
Long gone is the icky brown packaging and I give a warm welcome to the frosted gold metallic, that while still plastic, is a nice feminine touch.
Plenty of product, smells amazing, lasts and comes in a light-med (milk choc) or med-deep (regular choc) for any skin type. Coverage is matte, no shimmers and is not orange at all.

Pros:
* natural colour
* good coverage
* smells like cocoa
* mirrored compact
*plenty of product
*nicer packaging

Cons:
* price is a little steep (but lasts long so not sure if it's REALLY a con)
* not super readily available in Australia

Will definitely rebuy if and when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG bronzer for winter. I'm fair with neutral-warm undertones, and this provides natural looking color. The pigmentation is nice, and builds well. It wears a full 8 to 9 hours on my combination skin. It also works for subtle contouring, although I prefer using it for a touch of sun-kissed color on my face.