Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

3.7

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews, it appears that many really did expect a "miracle" as the package says. I didn't expect any miracles, but was happily surprised. I'm 48 with oily, acne-prone, sensitive (seborrheic), blotchy skin. (Can't get much worse than that!) Before discovering this, I've already been using a retinol serum at night, and a 2% salicylic gel during the day (both Neutrogena) for several months now. These products have kept the seborrhea and oiliness/acne under control. This bb cream is like the icing on the cake. It blends beautifully into my medium-tan skin and evens out the blotchiness. It also moisturizes nicely and doesn't make me break out. (I dust a mineral veil powder over it, so it doesn't really melt off even in the humid South.) Friends have mentioned that I have beautiful skin and that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I think that makes it a keeper for me!

on 6/19/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: I've had to lower my rating to 1 lippie. After using this only a few days, this morning, I had to raid the medicine cabinet in my teenage sons' bathroom to use their ProActiv stuff. I've got 4 cystic bumps that seem to be getting bigger, and a few little pumps over my pores on my cheeks. The red, cystic bumps hurt. The culprit could be the Octinoxate...which has given me trouble a lot, or maybe this is just too moisture-heavy for my skin. I was so glad this didn't turn grayish, but I don't want a "blemish balm" to be the cause of my blemishes...
ORIGINAL: After applying this, before reading the ingredients, I could FEEL that this has a lot of alcohol in it, and not the moisturizing kind. Why? Because it feels so good - like the product is evaporating, and it's cooling as soon as it hits skin.This feels wonderfully light and soothing, it spreads beautifully, and it sets right away (unlike Miracle Skin Transformer, which never, ever sets on my skin.) This BB Cream gives my skin a glow - but it's a bit much. It doesn't look natural. It's not "shimmery" but it's glowy enough to look oily, and I need no boosts in the oil department.
There are two things which would keep me from repurchasing this: 1. The SPF is only 15, and it's not an ingredient with UVA protection (http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/uva-and-uvb/shining-light-on-ultraviolet-radiation - Octinoxate 4%). 2. This cream seems to be kind of heavy if I layer it enough to get medium coverage over my melasma. In general, I find the coverage to be pretty good for everyday wear, and I wear this without foundation, but it's not really a perfect match for me. It's better when I wear it over a yellow-tinted primer. I put some primer over it, which helped with the shine, but the mixture was too heavy to be comfortable. This BB Cream is not for me, but I look forward to trying some of the brands that made this product category such a sensation in the first place. Hopefully a broader shade range will be available soon for the American market.