Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Shiseido  Eyelash Curler

4.5

I do wish I discovered this sooner! I didn't always use an eyelash curler. I just didn't get good results. I had been using a rite aid brand curler and it just didn't fit my eye. I suppose my eyes are small or I have a narrow socket area. I ordered this from sephora and received it super fast. I have puny pale lashes and this along with mascara makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the first high end lash curler I have ever bought and I love it. I always thought all lash curlers were created equal. This only goes to show you that you get what you pay for. (Well, most of the time.) I am Caucasian with long but very fine, straight lashes that never hold curl. Knowing that Shiseido is a Japanese line and that most Asians struggle with stick straight lashes (many of the positive reviews were from Asians), and after carefully researching this product and reading reviews, I decided to give it a try. This is miraculous. It gets right to the root of my lashes and actually looks like this: ))) or (((( and not like this: L or 7. In other words, not like a crimp. The secret to holding the curl is Shiseido's mascara base. I don't know what the ingredient is, but it after using it I can wear almost any mascara and it will hold curl. In my experience waterproof mascara holds curl well but it is too drying and is difficult to remove.

This is a review of the drugstore version, in red plastic packaging (model: 213). I'm asian with short-medium lashes and this fits me very well.

What's Good?
1. Great Fit
2. Curls Perfectly
3. Great Price

Full review with before-after photos, price details and comparison with Shu Uemura's curler at bit.ly/ShiCurl

on 11/8/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually have 2 Shiseido eyelash curlers. One that i bought maybe 9-10 years ago and one that I bought 2 years ago (both from drugstores in Japan). And There is a difference! Though I can't tell exactly the difference in design, but the newer one pinches my eyelids. It still curls well but i have to manoeuvre it a lot more to prevent pinching myself. Thus, been reaching out for my old one which by the way is still in good condition. Still the best curlers i've owned...and for the price, great value.

This product just got too much hype in my opinion. I received the package today (cause no time to go to a physical store; plus there was a discount) and was so excited to try it only to be let down. I'm so disappointed. The shape for some reason didn't fit my eye shape even though I've read in reviews that it's for "Asian eyes". The left eye was not bad but when used on my right eye the curler kept on pinching my eyelid. I also couldn't press it too close to my eye to get to the base of my lashes cause it would then poke into my eye. It was just too much struggles. Even the 3 dollar one I borrowed from my friends for a few days worked better. I'm still trying to decide if I should return it cause I'm very satisfied with the final result even though it was a pain. My lashes are a lot curlier compared to using other curlers, and they last longer. I guess just the design doesn't suit my eyes well. I will try to use it for a few more days though to see if I can get used to it and find a way for it to suit my eye shape.

I have monolids (eye fold name for a skin fold of the upper eyelid, covering the inner corner of the eye- usually people of Asian descent have this) and it is difficult for me to find eyelash curlers that fit my eye shape. I tried this and the Shu Uemura one and this one fits my eye shape better. It is expensive since it cost $19 for one but Daiso makes one that only cost $1.50 and it fits my eye shape. You can watch my video for a demo on both eye lash curlers. I also have up close pictures of my lashes in the end of the video.

Both eyelash curlers makes my eyelashes curly with out pinching my eyelids. Also I been using this eyelash curler for 5 years and it is still in very good condition especially since I use it daily. Try it out if you have difficulty finding the right eyelash curler for your eye shape. And if you need a cheaper alternative, try the Daiso. Daiso is similar to the dollar store where most things in the store cost $1.50. The Daiso eye lash curler has the same shape as the Shiseido one and it is most definitely a dupe. I am so glad I found an eyelash curler that fits my monolids.

I brought brought of these eyelash curlers myself and the Shiseido eyelash curler I brought it from Sephora.

on 9/16/2014 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wow so disappointed! I have been fed up with using sub par curlers and went to Sephora and finally put down the cash for Shiseido.

This curler is wider and less curved than any other I had used before. My eyes are not small and almond shaped. When I put it on my eye it did pinch a bit. The worse part was that it didn't curl my lashes they just had a crimp/bend.

I'm returning it because I just can't get it to work for me. For the record the color was a gun metal, has Shiseido changed the design?

on 8/16/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Regretted I didn't buy it earlier. I'm never going back to Koji again.

I bought Shu Umera 1 year later and have gone back to Shiseido because Shu didn't fit my eye shape. I think Shu is better made and has a thicker pad. I now put the Shu pad in my Shiseido curler.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Shiseido lash curler has been on my lemming list for a long time. I find that it does not fit my eye shape and more often than not, I am pinching my eye area with this. I do not have that problem with Japonesque brand lash curler. In terms of curling lashes, I would say that this perfoms the same as Revlon or Japonesque lash curlers. I am returning this.

on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

I used to have the shu curler but then I decided I needed a new one and replaced it with this, I can say that I like this one better! Will not be going back to the shu curler again. I find that this curler better suits asian eyes since it's flatter. It's able to reach the corners of my lashes which I wasn't able to do in one try with the shu, I also like how this curler opens wider than the shu. Another plus is that they sell refillable pads so I dont have to throw away the whole thing for a while

Popular Misc Beauty Tools