SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really miss Shu being sold in the US. With that being said I heard shiseido was the next best thing WRONG!! My fist pad lasted me about 8mths your probably thing "that's great" wrong again. The pad on my Shu lasted me 2yrs and yes I used it every day. Not to mention the replacement pad it cam with must have been defective since it broke in 3weeks.

I do like the pretty gunmetal color this came in but that's not enough to make me repurchase.

If you ladies loved SHU try Japonesque Power Curl eyelash curler (amazon or ulta) not to mention you get FREE pads for the life of your eyelash curler!!! I have short stick straight lashes and this gives me that perfect curl not the awkward "L" shape. This is the closest this to Shu.

on 7/27/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this after years of using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, thinking the Shiseido would be comparable. Not even close! Compared to the SU, the curve in this curler is flat and won't capture the lashes in the outer corner of my eyes. I don't like the dark gunmetal color because it makes it hard to see my lashes. Also, the curler mechanism feels loose when I open and close it on my lashes - maybe I got a defective one? Shiseido may be an upgrade from drugstore eyelash curlers, but I'm sticking to Shu Uemura!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This was my first ever eyelash curler and I only bought it because it was highly raved by a plethora of beauty bloggers / gurus. It's decent for curling and the curl lasts even if you don't put mascara on. However, because I have monolids / single eyelids, I find that the eyelash curler often pinches my eyelid and it hurts. This factor really lowers my opinion of the curler since it's unsuitable for my eye shape. Since I started using a cheap Daiso eyelash curler (curls all my lashes beautifully so they are visible, and does not pinch my eyelid ), I haven't looked back. I suppose if you aren't a monolid like me, this eyelash curler will probably work fine for you!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

All those years of going through mediocre lash curlers was worth it. Why? Because I can now fully appreciate the art of the eyelash curler that is Shiseido. It makes curling your lashes a breeze. With my old curlers, I had to wait up to 30 seconds to get okay lashes, but this takes me no longer than 6 seconds.
I wanted to test how long this keeps a curl (without mascara) so I kept myself busy for approx. 5 hours. Later, I checked the mirror not expecting anything spectacular, but I could not believe my eyes! There it is, lashes that are still perfectly curled, just the way I left it. I did however pinched myself a few times with this curler upon trial. This is easily overlooked as it takes practice getting used to. HG product for me and highly recommend!

on 7/11/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've got by all these years using a cheap eyelash curler, one I usually picked up in chemist or supermarket for £5.

I buy from Feelunique in the UK and I received a money off voucher via email. So on a whim I decided to treat myself and managed to get a Shiseido eyelash curler & 2 packs of rubber refills for under £20 (the eyelash curler on its own normally sells for £18)

Yes its expensive - but I'm an instant convert. Firstly, its very light to hold, but it seems more robust than others I've used. Also on using, its clear that the design is brilliant, it captures all the lashes perfectly and you only need to press gently for a perfect curl.

Would definitely recommend.

on 7/10/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to think that one shouldn't spend over 5$ for an eyelash curler but this one is worth the price. It curls my straight lashes effortlessly without pulling any out or tugging at the skin. I have smallish asian eyes but still have a fold if that matters.

on 7/9/2013 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

About six months ago I started using RapidLash, and the dramatic results have served to showcase just how inadequate my Sephora brand curler really was. I decided it was time to upgrade, and all the positive reviews on this product led me to purchase it. The band is nice and wide and not too dramatically curved, so it suits my big, wide eyes very well. I've had no problems with pinching, and the curl lasts all day. Overall, I'm very impressed, and kicking myself for not trying this sooner!

on 6/21/2013 8:57:00 PM

Love this eyelash curler! Best I have ever used, even if I don't wear mascara, I'll curler my eyelashes and I always get comments my natural eyelashes look great (which wouldn't happen if I didn't curl my lashes with this).

Had a Revlon curler that I thought was doing okay, but went for a makeover and the SA asked if I used a curler. She couldn't tell. I had been thinking of getting the Shiseido curler for a while and about a year later, I broke down and bought it. Wow, what a difference. I had no idea what an eyelash curler was supposed to be doing. It really curls the lashes upward such that I can really see them framing my eyes now. It also seems to fit my eye shape better; the curve is shallower, a little more flat.

I tried using the old Revlon and the action was so smushy, even with a new rubber strip - like having to press the brake pedal all the way to the floor in order to stop a car. I have to press the finger grips together so much that they meet; the Shiseido is already curling with about half an inch gap between the grips. Not sure if that makes sense. Anyway, great eyelash curler. Someday I might try the Shu Uemura, but right now I'm very happy with my Shiseido.

on 5/10/2013 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like the rubber pad on this curler because it isn't as squishy as the silicon pad on my cheap Revlon curler. This means I don't have to squeeze so hard and for so long. It's very effective at catching and curling my super straight Asian lashes that point down. The curl lasts all day when combined with my Urban Decay Cannonball mascara.

One downside as mentioned in previous reviews is that the color of the curler is so dark that I can't see my lashes through it as well, which makes me pinch myself if I'm not careful. I find this to be a minor bother when compared to the great results I get.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools