Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Shiseido  Eyelash Curler

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

All those years of going through mediocre lash curlers was worth it. Why? Because I can now fully appreciate the art of the eyelash curler that is Shiseido. It makes curling your lashes a breeze. With my old curlers, I had to wait up to 30 seconds to get okay lashes, but this takes me no longer than 6 seconds.
I wanted to test how long this keeps a curl (without mascara) so I kept myself busy for approx. 5 hours. Later, I checked the mirror not expecting anything spectacular, but I could not believe my eyes! There it is, lashes that are still perfectly curled, just the way I left it. I did however pinched myself a few times with this curler upon trial. This is easily overlooked as it takes practice getting used to. HG product for me and highly recommend!

on 7/11/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've got by all these years using a cheap eyelash curler, one I usually picked up in chemist or supermarket for £5.

I buy from Feelunique in the UK and I received a money off voucher via email. So on a whim I decided to treat myself and managed to get a Shiseido eyelash curler & 2 packs of rubber refills for under £20 (the eyelash curler on its own normally sells for £18)

Yes its expensive - but I'm an instant convert. Firstly, its very light to hold, but it seems more robust than others I've used. Also on using, its clear that the design is brilliant, it captures all the lashes perfectly and you only need to press gently for a perfect curl.

Would definitely recommend.

on 7/10/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to think that one shouldn't spend over 5$ for an eyelash curler but this one is worth the price. It curls my straight lashes effortlessly without pulling any out or tugging at the skin. I have smallish asian eyes but still have a fold if that matters.

on 7/9/2013 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

About six months ago I started using RapidLash, and the dramatic results have served to showcase just how inadequate my Sephora brand curler really was. I decided it was time to upgrade, and all the positive reviews on this product led me to purchase it. The band is nice and wide and not too dramatically curved, so it suits my big, wide eyes very well. I've had no problems with pinching, and the curl lasts all day. Overall, I'm very impressed, and kicking myself for not trying this sooner!

on 6/21/2013 8:57:00 PM

Love this eyelash curler! Best I have ever used, even if I don't wear mascara, I'll curler my eyelashes and I always get comments my natural eyelashes look great (which wouldn't happen if I didn't curl my lashes with this).

Had a Revlon curler that I thought was doing okay, but went for a makeover and the SA asked if I used a curler. She couldn't tell. I had been thinking of getting the Shiseido curler for a while and about a year later, I broke down and bought it. Wow, what a difference. I had no idea what an eyelash curler was supposed to be doing. It really curls the lashes upward such that I can really see them framing my eyes now. It also seems to fit my eye shape better; the curve is shallower, a little more flat.

I tried using the old Revlon and the action was so smushy, even with a new rubber strip - like having to press the brake pedal all the way to the floor in order to stop a car. I have to press the finger grips together so much that they meet; the Shiseido is already curling with about half an inch gap between the grips. Not sure if that makes sense. Anyway, great eyelash curler. Someday I might try the Shu Uemura, but right now I'm very happy with my Shiseido.

on 5/10/2013 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like the rubber pad on this curler because it isn't as squishy as the silicon pad on my cheap Revlon curler. This means I don't have to squeeze so hard and for so long. It's very effective at catching and curling my super straight Asian lashes that point down. The curl lasts all day when combined with my Urban Decay Cannonball mascara.

One downside as mentioned in previous reviews is that the color of the curler is so dark that I can't see my lashes through it as well, which makes me pinch myself if I'm not careful. I find this to be a minor bother when compared to the great results I get.

i have a mister mascara (red and black) curler which is way better than this, at probably no more than a third of the price.

where to start? this curler is much heavier, doesnt have a spring action, it has a shallower opening for your lashes (making it tricky to 'corale' the lashes in to place), its less comfortable to hold

having said that, it does seem to give a longer lasting curl.

overall, not worth the money

on 4/22/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Second best eyelash curler! (Behind the Shu Uemera). This is so amazing at curling lashes. It keeps the lashes curled the whole day!

One thing I dislike, is the color of it. Because I have black eyelashes. It's hard to see them with the dark grey color behind it. It's hard not to accidentally pinch yourself :/

The price range is alright. It could be a little cheaper but for the quality, it's probably worth the money. I definitely recommend this eyelash curler! 100%.

on 4/20/2013 12:15:00 PM

This is the best eyelash curler I've used. Since the day I got it I've never lived without it. The quality of this eyelash curler is amazing, after all this years (bought it in 2009) it still looks new, I just need to change the gel pad once or twice a year. It curls eyelashes like nothing else, makes eyelashes look extremely curly and natural at the same time. I use it to curl my eyelashes twice or three times and it makes my eyelashes stay nicely curled for a long time, even after I take off my makeup with oil. I love this eyelash curler and will recommend it to every one as well.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools