Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Shiseido  Eyelash Curler

4.5

on 6/24/2012 5:04:00 AM

This is the only eyelash curler I'll use for the rest of my life! I've had it for about a year now and its still in tip top shape. I have very odd, sensitive eyelids- I am allergic to most of the metals in other eyelash curlers. I only seem to have this problem with my eyelid; it doesn't affect other areas of my face. It will puff up and get red and swollen when I use other eyelash curlers.
SO I purchased the Shu Uemura curler, after hearing that it was the best one out there. I found that it was too curved for my eye shape and didn't get all my lashes, plus it irritated my lids cause of the allergy, so I returned it. Then I tried the Sephora brand ones. Those worked well too, BUT only the Gold plated ones would work for me cause of the allergy (the other colours made my lids puff up), and the gold plating would wear off within a few months and I would always have to replace it.
FINALLY, on a friend's recommendation, I bought the Shiseido one, and wow was I blown away. It didn't irritate my lid, it was able to reach all my lashes, and it was less curvy than the Shu Uemura. I'm Asian and I have very straight lashes, so this one was able to actually curl my lashes nicely and keep them up (along with mascara, of course). It's been a year and I still haven't needed to replace the pad yet. I've tossed it into countless makeup bags and still it's sturdy as ever. The only thing I will say that it is pricey at 20 dollars- BUT the Shu is $26 +tax where I live, so it could be worse.
Bottom line is: BUY IT. It is the best eyelash curler you'll ever use. And the best 20 dollars you'll ever spend.

on 6/20/2012 3:01:00 AM

I'm using my second one now because I misplaced the first one.

This thing is super sturdy. Even if I dump it in my make up pouch, no problem at all. Best of all, it's the right size for my smaller Asian eyes. The Shu Uemura one for example seems made for Caucasian eyes and has a deeper curve which makes it hard to get to the edges of Asian eyes. No such problem with this one.

Price wise, it's not super cheap, but considering how long it lasts, it's really OK.

on 6/18/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was tossing up between this one and the shu uemura. After reading reviews I found out that the shu uemura one had more of a curvature. Being asian and having relatively not so 'round' eyes, i decided to go with the shiseido. Boy am i glad i did.

I used to think that eye lash curlers were all the same, i was one of the skeptics who didn't understand why someone would pay 20 good dollars for something you could get for 3 dollars. but it does make a difference, other eyelash curlers were always too curved for my eyes and never got all my eyelash to curl nicely, especially the ones at the corners.

This shiseido one does that so nicely and makes my eyes look awake and my lashes look beautifully curled from inner corner to outer corner.

Definately worth the price, considering you get an extra refill as well, and you can probably use it forever.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this curler after a Sephora girl recommended it for my shorter, straight/droopy/frustrating eyelashes. I'm not asian but I have deeper set, smaller almond shaped eyes, so she thought maybe this would be perfect for me.
The shape of the curler looks nice, and it is wider so you dont miss any lashes. I also like the gunmetal color as well. I really wanted this to be "the one"
Unfortunately this is not the right curler for me, I pinched myself repeatedly and curled and squeezed and still didnt see the curl I wanted to. I believe this works wonderful for some people, but I need to keep on searching...
I was previously using the Tarte curler, which worked decently until it broke a month after I bought it..(grrrr)
I returned my shiseido today and exchanged it for a Tweezerman curler.
I really hope this eyelash curler quest ends....

on 5/6/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This curler isn't quite the right shape for my eyelids. It pinches a little, which is pretty much a no-go when it comes to delicate skin on the eyelids. Next time, I think I'm going for the Shu Uemura curler.

on 5/3/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like this better than Shu. I used to use this and then jumped on the Shu bandwagon because everyone was singing praises about it. After using shu curler for about 2 years, I thought hey let's go back to Shiseido because I want something different and holy moley! This is so much better. The shu curler is extremly curvy, whereas the shiseido one seems a lot straighter. I prefer the shiseido one because for me, it's a lot more comfortable to use and i can manipulate it more to get to the corner lashes better than with the shu one.
I'll be using this from now on!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ive been using revlon's eyelash curler for years but decided to give this a try. (got sucked into the hype). I absolutely love it! It took me awhile to get use to the flat shape but this curler is amazing. Gets every lash and doesn't pinch. You only need to squeeze lightly to get a nice curl. Def would repurchase and I want to try out the she uemura eyelash curler! :)

on 4/24/2012 6:18:00 AM

I have decided that I will use this eyelash curler forever! I bought one a few years back, but after a few months, I accidentally bent it. I still used it anyways. It was comfortable to use although after I damaged it, I couldn't reach to a couple of corner lashes. I haven't replaced the pad. I just recently noticed that the pad wore down and got cut through. So I bought a Shu Uemera to compare with it. I have to say, I love the Shiseido better. The Shu Uemera one pinched my eyes and I felt less control. The Shiseido one opens wider, so I feel more control, and its flatter so it gets more of my lashes (even though its bent). Also the metal part of the clamp for the Shu curler feels a bit sharper than Shiseido so I am afraid of cutting my eyelashes off. In the end, I have decided to use the Shu Uemera curler pad for my Shiseido. When that wears out, I'll just buy another Shiseido curler. I got it for 17.50 at a department store but I think its $18 now. And the Shu Uemera is $20 on the website with a free shipping code

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Picked up this lash curler today at Macy's and thought it performed well. I like how it lays flat on my eye lids to crimp my lashes versus the Revlon Extra Curl which is curvier, where the chances of pinching your eye lids are higher. No need to squeeze the life out of your lashes to get them to flare up. Just a few gentle press/pump action to get results. It comes with an extra rubber re-fill and I was also told that rubber replacements are available for $6.

Love this eyelash curler! It has a flatter shape so it is easier to get all the lashes. The padding doesn't tear like the ones found in the drugstore, and it also lasts a long time. I will never buy another drugstore lash curler again.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools