L'Oreal Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

This product looks great, love the container... But.. I'm just not impressed. I had trouble finding a color that suited me. I got the lightest color and it still came out a bit yellow. And it really doesn't give much coverage at all. It feels alright going on your face, quite light. But after a couple minutes it was looking overly-dewy spin decided to set with a powder for extra coverage and a matte finish.... This stuff cakes up so bad on my face when a powder is applied over the top. It pretty much brings out all the flaws you were trying to hide in the first place. Not to mention after the powder it still feels oily. This stuff also broke me out almost immediately which is a problem I usually do not have with my other foundations. Over-all, I just would not buy this product again.

I purchased this product based on a lot of positive reviews from beauty guru's on YouTube. I have pretty normal skin, with potentially a bit of oil on my forehead. This product unfortunately made me incredibly oily within a few hours. It also oxidised on my face and turned a couple shades darker, giving off a very unflattering orange tone.

However, my mother (who has dry, mature skin) took this foundation off my hands and tried it for herself. She loved it - and it looked fantastic on her. All in all, I agree with some previous reviews in saying that this is a great product - but only for people with dry or mature skin.

I was really excited about this foundation. I had seen a lot of makeup guru's raving about the lumi line for L'Oreal and I thought I'd give it a whirl since it was so inexpensive. I was throughly disappointed by how oily it made my skin! I looked like a greaseball a few hours after application. Not even a few hours. Maybe an hour or so. Applying powder just made it look really cakey and gross.
When you first apply the foundation, it goes on very smooth and looks beautiful, but the wear is just awful. It feels heavy and it will definitely transfer if you are not careful. BEWARE! Only super dry skin could get away with this stuff.

I've been using this liquid foundation together with my pressed powder for more than 6 months. When the liquid & pressed are used together, the coverage seem alright. However when used it solely on its own, the coverage is only minimal. If you have a good clear skin, this liquid foundation might be suitable for you.
Another 'surprise' i saw was a very thin layer of oil (after using for almost 9 months)...hmm
Overall i do not really like it as it doesn't give a good coverage & it does make your face a little oily. Won't repurchase again...

I like this product. Only thing i dislike is that i broke out after wearing it. I like that it doesnt have full coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Never thought my snooty high end butt would love a drug store foundation but I loveeeeeeeeee this one. For summer I actually mix it with Estee Lauder Double Wear and not only do I get great coverage but a glowy look that is not too much but just enough. Wearing it on it's own is great for weekends and winter but I prefer to mix it with things... It has a really pretty finish and I have found myself mixing it with different foundations that are either too light or too dark. I have it in several colors ranging from W3 to W6. All in all, it is a wonderful drug store foundation for dry skin and something I will always use to get the color I want or have glowy skin.. Let me say, it's not tooo glowy, just enough to look bright and healthy... :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this foundation 6 months ago because I wanted a warm, sunkissed glow to my skin in summer. I loved it but found that it did not cover as well as I'd liked and it was a little too dark, so I never used it. Months later I was using my Lancome Teint Miracle and even though I loved the foundation I could never find the right shade and ended up just that little too light and a bit chalky. Light bulb moment, mix the too dark and glowy L'Oreal with the too light and matt Lancome and voila, my perfect foundation concoction. Now it's the perfect shade, covers beautifully and I have a lovely warm sheen to my skin, a healthy and natural glow. Moral of the story, don't ever throw away make up that isn't the right colour match.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I really like the application and flawless glow this foundation gives, however the staying power isn't great. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is wanting to cover zits either. Would work great for a gal who wants a bit of a glow and to even things out :)

It makes my skin pretty greasy and it oxidizes really badly. When I first put this on its not so bad but by the end of the day it becomes really orange. I got this in the lightest shade they had which was a pale ivory shade but its still too dark for my skin. I find also that no matter how I apply it it doesn't cover the areas that need coverage the most. Honestly I'm really tight so I'll use this until its gone but after that I won't repurchase.

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago from Walgreens and have not been impressed. It's an ok liquid foundation, but nothing special. I have combination oily/dry skin and this makes the pores beside my nose look like craters. I don't think they're that big, but this definitely makes them look huge. Other than that it's nothing special. Maybe it's the shimmer, I never liked Revlon Photoready either so if you like that, you may like this. On the bright side, it didn't irritate my skin nor did it cause a break out. I reckon I'll try to foist it off on my unsuspecting sister to get rid of it ;)