L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I really like the application and flawless glow this foundation gives, however the staying power isn't great. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is wanting to cover zits either. Would work great for a gal who wants a bit of a glow and to even things out :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is deceptive. You put it on, it feels like nothing & your skin is glowing. I work indoors and 4 hours after application, the product looks cakey. Give it a few more hours & the product oxidizes to a bright orange that is extremely visible in sunlight. For me that was underneath my eyes were it must have pooled up. It also felt greasy on my face, like it never dried. I had some break out with it - no change in normal routine except foundation. Will not repurchase.

I really love this foundation! I have dry skin and it's very nourishing and moisturizing but does not set shiny or greasy. I like to apply two layers of this foundation and I get a solid medium coverage. If you have any noticeable blemishes, you will probably still need to use a concealer over top but the coverage is good. Also, considering that the foundation feels so lightweight and natural on your skin, the amount of coverage was surprising. It goes on like a bb cream or tinted moisturizer, but covers a lot more and sets semi-matte, still with a bit of a dewy finish. I would highly recommend this foundation for normal to dry skin. It makes your skin look very bright and glowing!

Definitely not a foundation for oily skins. Freshly applied, this foundation definitely gives a lovely 'lit from within' glow. However, due to my oily skin, this translates to 'dewy' to 'oil slick' within 2-3 hours. It feels quite heavy, and is probably due to the oil build-up after wearing it for awhile. I find that it transfers terribly easily as well. To make it work for myself I would definitely have to try a good primer and setting powder/setting spray. What I like is that it blends beautifully (I use a beauty blender, or something similar, for the best result) and really looks quite natural on the skin. I would say the most it can go is medium coverage. I don't recommend building it any higher because it will definitely look a bit cakey and unnatural. It can cling onto flakes as well. I love the colour range of this foundation, due to the different undertones they acknowledge. As such, I use this at the end of my foundation routine (after applying my actual foundation), just dabbing a very thin layer of this with a beauty blender, to match my actual foundation to my skin colour better (and gives a nice, but limited glow!).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm actually quite surprised by the negative reviews here, most of the complaints about this product, in my opinion, are not substantiated at all!

I'm a touch lighter than NC-15, have very dry skin with acne scars. I really need a foundation to be medium-build-able coverage and also brighten my complexion and not settle into the fine lines I do have (from dryness, not from age, ironically...).

To break it down,
The Pro's:

- The 'feel' of the foundation onto the skin, it feels way better than many of the 'stock' foundations like Colorstay, it's lightweight and it doesn't feel like you have a full face of makeup on with this.

- The coverage, I was expecting a light coverage based on what reviewers have said and also by the title of the product, as I find anything that claims to be illuminating is pretty much a euphemism for sheer. However the coverage is definitely medium to full, a very pleasant surprise! Although I do apply with the eco-tools stippling brush, which is really dense and utilizes the full potential of liquid foundations like no-ones business.

- The color selection is really nicely divided into cool tones, neutral tones and warm tones, which is a really nice way of giving the consumer more options and getting as close a match as possible. (I use N1, which is just the tiniest touch too dark, but even still, it's a pretty close match).

- The lasting power is phenomenal, so many MUA's here described it as lackluster, but honestly this was on par with something like Colorstay or Pro Longwear in my opinion. Part of that could be attributed to my primer, but even still, it's a good 7 - 10 hours without touchups.

- The illuminating effect is really nice, I think it actually does have some shimmer in it, but it's so fine that you really can't tell, it's no Photoready, that's for sure.

- The packaging is great, sleek and practical with a pump, something that I'm always wishing for in a foundation!

The Con's:

- The coverage. I did list this in the the Pro's section, but it's not quite a full coverage foundation. I really do need some hefty concealing on my worse blemishes.

- The price is a little steep for a drugstore foundation, I was lucky enough to find it at 40% off, but I'd never pay full price for it.

Overall, I think this is an amazing foundation, but I have to say it would be way better for dry skin than oily, which is too bad but it's just the nature of the product.

In winter I'm dead pale and have dry skin. I want something to brighten up my complexion so I don't look quite so flat and dead, which is why I bought this; to get that dewy finish/glow other reviewers have mentioned. I don't notice dew or a glow lol It's not even that moisturizing. It's just a lightweight foundation that isn't bad but also isn't anything special, esp. for the price. I'll use it up because in this economy I can't throw money away, but I won't be repurchasing.

I was using L'Oreal Infallible foundation for years, and noticed that my skin was getting quite oily during the day and that the foundation was really accentuating any dry spots on my face. I wanted to try something new, but I knew I liked L'Oreal (I've tried MAC and hated it, despite other people saying how great it was), so I thought I'd try Lumi Magique. I am very impressed with it. It has great coverage and as long as I exfoliate properly (just scrubbing my face with a wet washer) and put a little bit of powder over the top it is perfect.

It makes me look oily and wears off after 3 hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation!
pros:
long lasting, even in the summer
suitable for my combination skin
great finish, luminous
very good coverage
price
cons:
couldnīt find the right color.. I am NC-20-25, but rather on the neutral side. The lightest color I can find in my country is N3. I can use it in the summer, but it was too dark for the winter. I suppose my winter color would be N2.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I searched all over for my shade and finally found it at RiteAid. I wanted so badly to like this foundation but after trying it for a week it's just not for me. I loved the finish at first, but after a few hours my dry skin looked like a shiny grease ball! I tried different application techniques and various brushes, sponges and setting powders but I always got the same result...super shiny face as the day wore on. I'm so disappointed because the color match was perfect! I don't get it...my skin is not oily to begin with and I've never had a problem like this with other foundations. I'm sticking to my CG tone rehab. That one surprised the heck out of me and I love everything about it!