L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Never thought my snooty high end butt would love a drug store foundation but I loveeeeeeeeee this one. For summer I actually mix it with Estee Lauder Double Wear and not only do I get great coverage but a glowy look that is not too much but just enough. Wearing it on it's own is great for weekends and winter but I prefer to mix it with things... It has a really pretty finish and I have found myself mixing it with different foundations that are either too light or too dark. I have it in several colors ranging from W3 to W6. All in all, it is a wonderful drug store foundation for dry skin and something I will always use to get the color I want or have glowy skin.. Let me say, it's not tooo glowy, just enough to look bright and healthy... :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I did some research on this foundation before purchasing, I watched UT reviews on it, and from ppl with similar skin tones to mine, and I am so glad I decided to try for myself! This is my go to winter foundation, as it goes on my skin amazingly, and works well with my moisturizer!! it creates a great smooth look on my fair skin, and creates a little glow that is the perfect antidote to dreary winter days! It handles well, lasts about 6 to 8 hours on me, and more if i set it, I use a matte powder to offset the glow, so i dont look to gleamy... not sexy! with that and a bit of blush, and I am good to go for my face! doesnt feel cloggy, or cakey, and not heavy feeling at all :) always a good thing!!

I love this foundation! I spent last week in New York, where the temperatures were 40C+ (100F+) with humidity. This product lasted on my skin for over 10 hours when set with MUFE HD powder and I still looked flawless! My skin is combination-oily and I didn't mind the dewiness of this product, it just makes it look very natural. It is quite light in coverage but for any spots that needed a bit extra, I used L'Oreal's Lumi concealer, which I also love. I think this foundation does add a 'lit from within' glow, but it's not overtly glittery or shimmery which is AMAZING - I'm not 12 years old anymore. I will definitely repurchase and recommend this foundation to friends.

1.Medium coverage, does give your face luminosity.
2. Not great for oily skin
3. Shade range is awful, I had to buy W3 which is 2 shades darker than my skin, and W1-2 is 2 shades lighter than my skin. I had to buy both and mix.
4. Overall a good foundation, probably best for winter due to its moisturizing feature.

I am NC30 and W3 matches really well. I like this foundation becuase it's very lightweight and blends very well,good medium coverage, makes look healthy. This is dewy looking finish foundation but if you powder with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural, it works perfectly. Great foundation for winter I think:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just bought this yesterday, wore it to work today.

First, i love the packaging. Its a transparent bottle with a pump. So no wastage and very hygienic. I love the rose gold color of the pump.

Second, the texture is very runny. can be spread easily. didnt notice any scent at all.

In terms of the product quality - provides light to medium coverage. covers minor imperfections and very blendable. Gives me a nice natural finish. it gives a really subtle glow... not very noticeable. but the shade that i got (C2 - rose porcelain) matches me perfectly. The pink undertone brightens my skin really well. long-lasting power is so-so for my combination skin, but i didnt put any primer nor finishing powder today, so will update when i try it with powder.

Price - $39.95 AUD... for drugstore foundation in Australia, i guess its in the expensive range...when compared to Maybelline...

Overall - definitely not the worst foundation, in fact, its beta than many of the drugstore foundations, but i am not loving it yet...I will keep trying it a few more times.. and it hasn't broken me out yet.

UPDATE:

ok, after a bit over a week's use i conclude that i love this foundation in winter. It gives a nice natural coverage, not too thick not too thin. I used it with my L'Oreal hydrating gel (for oily skin) as a primer. the two work perfectly together. no shine no oil throughout the whole day in winter season. just a natural sheen. Love it. i recommend this foundation in winter. not sure about summer tho...

Good coverage, colour, finish, and lasting power. This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations currently.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I wear this foundation quite often, and it's amazing. Whenever i put it on my skin and go out people always compliment my skin and ask me what foundation i am wearing. I have yellow undertones and unfortunately bought the wrong shade (k2 rose porcelain), but i manage to make it work and blend the foundation very well so it matches my yellow neck. i mostly use this foundation when i have dry patches on my face, especially around my nose area and my chin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At one time, my skin was basically a canvas of exploded dry pie crust...just flakes every damn where. With some changes to my skincare routine, that has improved, but most foundations still settle in a cakey and chalky way.

I have been using Coverall by Wet n Wild for a few years and like it but I wanted to try for a more smooth application with something else. My forehead always looks awful.

I researched this product for several weeks and figured the negative reviews were mainly from oily skinned people (who seem to be a majority in general). After using this product a week or so, I understand their horror. This is simply unworkable if your face is oily. It should be obvious, but again. Don't bother. Here's a quick rundown of my experimentation thusfar with a Real Techniques brush...

-UNDER LOTION W/SPF: Whoops! No no no. I forgot the Lumi has SPF, and my face looked as bad as it ever has. The foundation was gunky, greasy, and my pores were magnified.

-UNDER PRIMER: I didn't notice much change, but that may be the primer. I use Borghese.

-BARE SKIN: This was best, and I also realized I only need a little bit. The first few days, I had greasy skin and the makeup transferred everywhere. It was horrific. I noticed many vloggers saying they use way more than they do with other foundations. I tried just a tiny bit and it was MUCH better. I let one layer sit while I do brows and concealer, then put on another thin layer.

Overall, this foundation is a lot of work. I spend way too much time trying to get this to make nice looking skin. I have some redness but few marks/acne so it shouldn't be too difficult. I took someone's advice and got W1-2 when I'm cool toned and I'm not sure that worked. The makeup looks uneven and yellow.

I'm disappointed, but this could be a nice tinted moisturizer type if used in small quantities.

Update 6/28/15:
A few weeks in, I'm finding this foundation much better than I initially did. The less I use, the better it looks. It takes a bit of practice/trial and error, but I'm liking the way it looks.