L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this as a replacement for my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, which doesn't work for me at all. My first attempt was to buy Maybelline's Fit Me foundation but I'm always eager to try all foundations that claim to give face a natural glow.

All the shades are a bit 'rosy', in other words pink. My skin is very very fair and cold-toned but the lightest color (Rose Pearl) still works for my skintone. I guess the pink hue is related to the 'glow from inside out'.

The foundation is supposed to give full coverage but IMO it's more like a medium. It's definitely not the same category (in coverage) as i.e. Dior Forever, which gives a great coverage. Lumi is still buildable and you can get a better coverage with more product and it doesn't get flaky or clumpy.

Overall I really, really loved this foundation, I don't have any negative thoughts about it. It works well; gives the glow it promises, has a good staying power, doesn't get oily (on my dry/normal skin) and gives a moderate coverage without being anything like a mask. This foundation would work anyone who loves a nice glow (but not oily look) on their face.