LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 5/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy this palette? It is just perfect for my coloring- really makes my eyes look so blue. I've bought several other palettes in the meantime that I don't love nearly as much, like Chocolate Bar and TF Boudoir Eyes. My only quibble would be a wish for a couple more matte shades. Just buy it, already!

on 1/11/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the colors in this palette, but as far as the quality of the shadows, they're just okay. Personally, I love the buttery smooth shadows in the Pro palettes, and these just aren't the same. You have to work a little more to build up the shadow intensity. The shadows feel much harder in the pans. I just don't find myself reaching for this palette because I don't enjoy using the eyeshadows as much as I wish I did. They're not awful, just not what I expected from Lorac.

on 10/26/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product if you like a natural look and you're not very experienced with makeup. No matter what combo I've done they always look good (so it's pretty fool proof). It's very good quality (finely milled and very pigmented). I usually wear 1 or 2 colors at a time. The colors are more rose tinted (so great for if you want a warm eye look). Very happy with my purchase. This pallet is all I need in terms of eye makeup and will last me for a very long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

With a heavy heart, I must say that this palette was not worth the money. The warm, bronzy shades are gorgeous. I know people compare it to the UD Naked 3 but to be honest, the shades aren't "pinky" at all. I wouldn't go for this palette if you like an everyday smoky eye. My biggest complaint with these shadows are the shimmery ones which seem to be baked and hard to work with. Once on the lids, it's difficult to blend out which is why I can see people say some of the shades looks similar when applied. I find Lorac palettes to be overall inconsistent - just feel the shadows in the Pro palette and then compare it to the shadows in the Unzipped. Unfortunately, the beautiful colors in this palette did not translate on my eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is super difficult because i absolutely LOVE these colors in the pan!! I am super crazy about taupes and pinky browns, and this palette has those colors down perfect.

HOWEVER, the cons are:
- that the colors do not look the same on the lid as they do in the pan.
-The dark colors which you would expect to go in the crease are not dark at all on the lid, and can't really be used in the crease since they just blend into the lid color. So deceiving!!
-The colors all look the same when they're on your lid.
-SUPER SUPER disappointingly unpigmented.

Pros:
The colors in the pan are gorgeous and perfect looking. It is such a shame that it isnt pigmented.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am the person who swapped away Naked 3 because the rosy gold colors didn't really fit my skin tone and I found the colors too similar and pink. I received this and liked this better than naked 3.

The colors work well with each other, although the colors are not entirely distinctive from each other when you actually apply it. I find, however, that I'm able to make pretty looks using this palette alone.

The colors are richer and darker than naked 3. The palette definitely leans on the mauve/plum side. There are some gold, rose gold shimmery colors that look really pretty layered on top of a base color (like unconditional). The palette only has one color to darken/deepen your eyeshadow look, and in my opinion, only one color (unconditional) to be a blending color. I'm nc20 so there may be other blending colors for people who have a darker skin tone.

I think this palette is great looking on those with a warm skin tone. The colors also look particularly good on Brown eyes. Basically, it looks great on my Asian skin tone.

I take off one Lippie because it would be nice to have one more color for darkening your look, and one more blending color. It's good that this palette has only one brow highlighting color though. But if you have the Lora pro palette, I think this is a good complement for it.

Love this palette, great shades for everyday wear. The pigmentation is incredible and every single shadow in this palette is so soft and buttery! I asked for this palette for Christmas thinking there was going to be more shimmery brown shades but there's actually like 4 variations of a gold color, could have done with more browny shades but that's okay! I have plenty of those in other palettes. I don't know why people are comparing this to the Naked 3 Palette--the Naked 3 is mostly pinky shades and this isn't that!! Anyways, universally flattering shades that make my blue eyes look amazing! Someone asked me the other day if I had colored contacts in because my eyes looked so intense!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this product for about 6 months and I LOVE IT. The eyeshadows are very flattering on ALL eye colors. Even if you're unsure about pink-y eyeshadows, you should try this palette! The colors show up a nice rose-gold color but still looks somewhat natural. This palette is very pigmented and creamy making it easy to blend. I've created TONS of gorgeous looks with this palette. The eyeshadows colors are, also, very cohesive (you don't need to buy additional eyeshadows to complete a look). It's somewhat similar to UD Naked 3 palette. But if Naked 3 came out when I was in the process of purchasing a new palette over the summer, I still would have choose the Lorac Unzipped. Both palettes are SUPER pigmented, but the Lorac Unzipped palette looks more natural and naked-like than the actual Naked 3 palette.

on 5/10/2012 12:47:00 PM

I LOVE this palette. Works very well for me and I love the eyeshadow
primer that comes with. I am redheaded, light to medium skin with pink undertones, and green/blue eyes. I love that the palette is rose-toned. It is different from the usual neutrals. Using the primer, these shadows last me about 14 hours without touching it AT ALL. Great mixture of matte and sparkle to pick from.

on 3/3/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow palette. The colors are so beautiful on any skin tone. Great pigment and blend ability. Slight fall out but as long as you tap your eyeshadow brush before you apply to your eyelid to get the fallout off your brush first then you won't get any fallout on your skin after. It will wear all day long. I love Lorac.

Popular Palettes