LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

Worth. Every. Penny.
I use this palette more than any of my other eyeshadows now. It is so easy to create looks with Unzipped, and they always come out gorgeous. And every shade is wearable! The shadows go on buttery smooth and last all day.

I am very pale, blonde, blue eyes and my mom is olive-toned, brown eyes, with chestnut hair. I used this palette on both of us for her wedding day and the pictures came out great. She looked so freaking gorgeous in these colours it wasn't even funny, I was even a bit jealous. So keep in mind, if you're going to be a bride, this palette is an excellent choice! :)

Unreal is my most favourite colour in the palette and I think one of the best eyeshadow colours I've ever seen. It's a truly unique metallic pinky-peach that just totally wakes up your eyes, and it works both as a highlighter and a lid colour. If I had to pick a least favourite shade it would be the white one, Undercover, because it is quite "stark" on its own and when I wear it as a browbone highlight I always need another highlighter to amp it up a little bit. However, its starkness is a blessing in another way- this matte white is the perfect inner corner highlighter that you can barely see but just brightens up your eyes without any glitter. I find when I use a glittery shadow in the inner corner, it always wanders underneath my eye a bit and the sparkles end up emphasizing the little lines we all have under our eyes. Not so with Undercover. Use this shade in your inner corner and nowhere else and it makes a HUGE difference.

There's lots of videos on Youtube showing you how to use Unzipped, so I recommend checking them out to get started, but I will leave you with one look that is quick and easy that I use a lot. Unreal all over the lid, lashes to brow, Unbridled on the outer half of the lid, blend well. Brown, black, or plum eyeliner as you see fit. It's that easy. If you want to deepen it a bit more throw a little Unconditional in the crease and Untamed on the outer V. Simple and gorgeous.

Definite buy again. This set is great value (and I scored mine for cheap in an Ebay auction, which is even better!). I'll write a separate review about the primer, but it is a GREAT bonus. I am glad that it came with the palette so that I was able to discover this primer; it's a true under-rated gem. Of course the shades in Unzipped work great with this colourless primer, but UDPP in Sin is another good choice with these shadows as the colours complement each other well.

I'll stop raving now. Stop balking at the price and go buy it! :)

on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a warm, slightly lighter than medium skin tone with yellow undertone, like most asians, and for the longest time I've been looking for a palette exactly like this one. I like to keep my style as natural as possible but flirty or romantic at the same time, and other make up palettes such as the Naked series from UD (including the 3rd one) never seemed to be "the" palette for me because they were too shimmery, frosty, or geared towards fitting other skin tones (cool, fair, etc.) Also, in the Naked palettes, there were too many colors that I wouldn't end up using.

But that is not the case for the Lorac Unzipped palette. Once I had found out and read more about the Lorac unzipped, I knew I had found the palette I've been looking for and had to have it immediately. I canceled my order of Naked 3 from UD, tried to wait another 3 days for shipping for my Lorac to come in, caved, and just drove 14 miles to a store to buy it. This palette is THAT beautiful. The colors are definitely warmer than the ones from Naked 3, the consistency is buttery and the colors are pigmented, and the combination of these colors can not be seen in any other palette. You have rose golds, warm bronze, light gold, brownish purple mauve, dark brown, basically, any color you would want to create a more natural, yet flattering look that accentuates your eyes. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to girls with similar skin tone and undertone.

The only con I can think of about this palette, is that a couple of the colors may look too similar to be distinguished from each other, but I still think they look different enough to go with their own specific looks.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought 2 of these palettes just in case it ever got discontinued. Yup, I'm that crazy. It's out of stock everywhere and you can imagine why. This palette is truly remarkable. It's easy to blend and to create a natural look or if you're looking for something with a bit more edge, you can definitely create a night out on town look as well. This palette pulls more warm than cool. So if you're looking for a neutral/gold/warm eyeshadows than this palette is for you. I know that when I buy palettes, there are ALWAYS 2 or 3 shades that I never wear and use...BUT NOT THIS PALETTE. You will use every single shade in this palette, I guarantee it!!! This is my go to palette and I really don't think that'll ever change. DEFINITELY my HOLY GRAIL palette.

on 6/15/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I love this palette. I exchanged the UD Naked Basics palette for this and I'm glad I did. The colors are beautiful, natural and shimmery without being too dramatic. Nice colors for day or night. Stays put all day and you get a Lorac eye primer with it. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great buy for us NEUTRAL lovers!

Pigmented creamy and staying power is excellent!

on 5/16/2012 6:49:00 PM

I love this palette! It suits me much better than the Naked I palette which I also own. I like that there are an equal amount of matte and shimmer shades. My biggest complaint with Naked palettes is the lack of matte shades so I was glad that this palette has more. The colors lean more toward the pink/burgundy side than Naked and I love how well they blend. I always get compliments on my eyeshadow when I'm wearing this palette. I use the white shade almost every day on my brow bone no matter what kind of shadow I've got on. Pinky brown shades like these make my green eyes pop. I also like the eye shadow primer that came along with this palette much better than my old standby Urban Decay. It's creamier and seems to blend better. I'm going to buy in full size when I've used up all my other eye primers.

on 12/5/2016 4:58:00 PM

I love this palette. I like the mix of mattes and shimmers. The shadows themselves are soft, like Lorac shadows tend to be. They are buttery-smooth and uber-pigmented. These blend well and I don't get as much kick-up and fall-out with the mattes as I do with my Lorac Pro palette, which isn't my favorite. I love the color scheme of roses, pinks, gold, and burgundy. You basically can't go wrong with this little palette. These are simply gorgeous shadows.

on 1/6/2016 1:08:00 AM

I really like my Unzipped palette. LORAC isn't available in stores in my area so I had to buy this sight-unseen online. This was my first LORAC product and I'm very impressed with the quality. The shadows are soft and buttery, and blend extremely well. They do kick up a bit more product than other similar brands, but a gentle tap in the shadow with a quality brush is all that you need. Tap your brush off before applying to your eyes to avoid any fallout.

This palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. The mattes aren't chalky and don't "skip" when applied. The shimmer shades are always harder to describe.... no glitter, just a nice shimmer, almost metallic, but not cheap-looking, like so many metallics can end up looking.

I found these shadows to wear well with and without a primer. I didn't get any creasing or fading. The packaging is sturdy hard cardboard in a slim design that I like. I've owned this palette for about a year and a half and I'm still enjoying it. I am a bit of a palette junkie so I don't reach for this as often as I should, since I'm always buying new things, but I'd definitely buy this palette again if I ever lost it. I'd say this palette is similar to the UD Naked 3 (which I also own) and if I had to choose LORAC Unzipped or the UD Naked 3, I'd choose the Unzipped. Hope this review helps you decide if you should add it to your collection or not. XO

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not know what in blue blazes held me back from trying this!! Oh wait, yes I do..I had tried the original Lorac Pro palette that came out sooo many years ago now and did not have luck with it, so I just never tried any more of their shadows. Insert sad face!!

But, on a whim recently I swatched their Altar Ego gloss (wonderful product!) and also their Porefection foundation (also another love!), and I had luck with and am enjoying those 2 products..so, I figured I would give this a whirl. Did I need another palette..? Probably not.

However..I fell in love with this..! The shades, the application the wear time, all just wonderful!! I do not even use a primer with these, and they apply like butter and last pretty much a full 12 hours. I get no creasing or shifting or wearing off unevenly, they just behave nicely and wear nicely!

Lorac it seems can be hit and miss for me, but this one is definitely a hit!!
Would re-purchase and would recommend.

Last note, I am sure many women can and do take this on vacations and getaways. The colors are so versatile and many go with pretty much anything, and can easily go from daytime looks to nighttime looks with this palette. I am pretty certain almost all skin tones can wear these shades. For reference, I am NC20 in Mac, but again, I think these shades would work for many skin tones.

on 7/3/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lorac shadows are definitely my favorite, specifically from the Pro palettes. I like this palette, but I find that it definitely kicks up a lot of fallout, even more so than the pro series. I don't find myself reaching for this often, maybe because I don't use pink eyeshadows too often. I will probably sell this and possibly purchase a palette that has similar tones but is less money. I find this to be a lot better than the UD Naked 3 Palette, which it is often compared to. I generally prefer Lorac's formula, but the UD shadows all blend into one color being that the colors are just too similar anyhow. I would recommend this to anyone, but wouldn't repurchase it.