LORAC Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette

Unzipped Eyeshadow PaletteLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever high end make up purchase. I am soooo in love with these eyeshadows! They are neutral but lean more toward a bronze/burgundy neutral than a brown neutral. These are warm neutrals- not cool neutrals, and all the shadows range from matte to very subtle shimmer to not so subtle shimmer. Mostly they are matte and very subtle shimmer, which was my main concern as I've found other palettes with gorgeous colors that were mostly too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Not only are the colors beautiful, the consistency of the shadows is heavenly. Very creamy and soft! I tried them out both with and without primer. They last much better with primer, but even without primer they still looked great through a 12 hour workshift! Without primer they did crease a tiny bit, but the color overall didn't fade at all! The only downside is the packaging. The palette container is made out of thick cardboard. Although the design on it is cute, the package itself seems cheap and flimsy. I don't really care about that but if you are someone who puts a lot of importance on packaging aesthetics then you may be dissappointed. After wearing these I don't beleive I'll ever be truly happy with drugstore eyeshadow again....will have to save up to feed my high end eyeshadow addiction lol.
Update 3/27/18 - Very sadly gave this away to a freind not long after initial review. Discovered that eyeshadows with a high phenoxyethanol content cause me to get red, puffy eyes. Happened with other high content phenoxyethanol products too😔

on 2/1/2014 8:30:00 PM

I love this eye palette! All the colors work great with my very fair neutral skin tone. Even though is has less color choices, I prefer this to the pro palette. There is no comparing this to the naked 3 palette, they r just not the same. I own both the N3 and Unzipped and I would grab this over the N3 every time! The colors just suit me better. Get this palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the one eyeshadow palette that I own that I would repurchase upon running out or losing it. Lorac's eyeshadows are some of the best in the business-- great color payoff, no fallout, very buttery in consistency, and easy to apply and blend. The rosy undertones of these neutrals make them really special. All of the colors look great with my skin tone, they make my eye color pop, and the selection of colors is perfect. In most palettes there's at least one way-too-extreme black, a chalky shade, or an overly glittery shade that I avoid, but in this one they're all really usable for every occasion. You could use any combination of these colors to create something pretty. I've used this palette for everything from school to an interview to going out to the bar. It's an absolute must-buy and I recommend it to everyone!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing palette! If you love neutral colors then this is for u! It's a great palette with matte & shimmery colors. They have a great range of colors, from light to dark. Lorac's eyeshadows are some of the best quality out there. Very smooth & creamy..they feel great when applying them. They blend excellently! I'm just beyond in love w/Lorac's eyeshadows & I can't wait to purchase they're pro palette next! The price point isn't bad either considering the size of the palette and the amazing quality!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Naked 2 palette and was considering buying the original Naked palette-but then I saw this palette at Ulta and fell in love. Every shade in this palette is useable and absolutely stunning. The pigmentation and color pay-off are amazing, they are super soft but not messy, and blend like a dream. I love the combination of mattes and shimmers. The shimmer shades aren't overly shimmery or sparkly at all.
This was my first Lorac purchase and definitely will not be my last. I can't recommend this palette enough!

on 12/11/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of eyeshadows, I am the type of make-up lover that rather spend my money on new foundations / bronzers / lipsticks than eyeshadow palettes since with palettes that I buy I always end up using only 2 or 3 colors out of the entire thing. But I watched a video on youtube and this one girl did a everyday tutorial with this palette using mostly all the colors..I love neutral eyes (easier to blend) so I got this.. I have the naked I +II palette's, I ALSO have about 3 coastal scents palette's as well as 3 TOO FACED palettes. THIS IS by far MY FAVORITE palette!! makes my eyes look sensual yet casual. and with that hint of nude brown purple. love it!!!! pigmented but not as pigmented as the naked palettes but the colors are unique with a mixture of nudes and shimmers!!

on 11/15/2012 5:07:00 AM

This is an amazing palette. the colors are versitile and the small sample of primer is fabulous. I have always used lancome eyeshadow base but it always dries out on me. I also tried the urban decay PP but i was not impressed with it. SO i used my lorac palette and primer and wow. It was on for hours no creasing no fading. Love it!! The colors are amazing with beautiful finely milled eyeshadows that are highly pigmented. I had debated if i wanted this palette or the naked palette and im very happy with my purchase becuase i didn't need grays or weird colors I just wanted lovely neutrals and i got that with this palette.

I love this palette. I lusted after it for a month before finally buying it and I am glad I did, Sometimes when I am applying the shadows from this palette I am thinking to myself that these are not going to work( kinda redish on me) but when I am finished and have my eyeliner and mascara on and look in the mirror I have to admit that they are very beautiful and always end up looking amazing. They are soft and buttery and blend like a dream.
EDIT_ I also think a brush should have been included for the price.

I am in love with this palette. I have green/grey eyes, so these colors work wonders for me. I think there is a pretty even mix of glitter to more matted shadows and this was one of the main reason I chose this palette. It allows me to dress it up for going out, or dress it down for a more professional setting. The shadows stay on for a good 10-12 hours, although they do crease you can easily fix it. I have yet to try the primer that accompanies this product, because I have my own personal favorite. However, as soon as that one runs out I will be trying Loracs! I highly recommend this palette for anyone with green eyes because the choices are diverse and you can find something that goes with just about every occasion/outfit and it lasts!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous eyeshadows! Very pigmented and blend like a dream. I'm medium skintoned and these colors are perfect for day or night. I'm definitely repurchasing. I love LORAC eyeshadows and lip products.