LORAC Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette

Unzipped Eyeshadow PaletteLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 1/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this palette, especially in comparison to the Lorac Pro 3. I absolutely loathed that palette, not for the colors, but the formula was hard to work with. This palette, however, works really great for me and has some really romantic shades. They are very pink-toned, so if you aren't a pink girl, stay far away. Even the gold shows up a bit pink (at least on my skin with soft ochre pain pot underneath).

Hands down the absolute best palette I own and I own A LOT. I find myself reaching for it every day even when I decide I'm going to try a new palette. I just end up using it after all. The colors are absolutely beautiful as you can see if you look at swatches. But Im telling you the swatches are NOT as beautiful as the shades are in person. The pigmentation is amazing, buttery, soft. They blend like a dream. The shades will kick up some powder but that's because they are so incredibly soft. I would also recommend patting the color on instead of sweeping across the lid. The only con I can think of is they will kick up so just press really soft or pat. Lorac is on top of their game with this palette :)

on 8/27/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

These eyeshadows are so beautiful! Every single look I get using only this palette is so gorgeous. They blend together like a DREAM! I swear the eyeshadows do the work themselves. The mattes are a little more powdery than Lorac Pro mattes, but they're just as great if not better. This is really a spectacular and unique palette. I think everyone could use this. It's not so rosy that it has a limited audience. I think it would look beautiful on everyone.

On particular shades:

Unbelievable is truly unbelievable. Such a gorgeous rose gold shade. It looks amazing all over the lid, but especially works well as a center of the lid pop. It can transform any eyeshadow it's used with.

Unreal is actually an unreal highlight. I find this shade to be a little to light for my taste at the moment while I'm tanned, so I tried it as a highlight and OH BOY. It doesn't look pink like it does it the pan. It's just so beautiful on the face and reflects the light perfectly. It makes a great intense highlight.

Untamed is the only shade I'm not ecstatic about. It's a deep shimmery brown with plummy undertones. If you use this color, you have to apply it with your fingers, it does not transfer well with a brush.

I want to love this palette, but I can't make this formula work for me yet. The shadows are very soft and powdery, so I tend to over apply them trying to build up the intensity of the colors, and when I blend them it's a huge muddy mess. I probably just need to use little product and be careful not to over blend.
Overall, I love every single shade, but I would recommend the Naked 3 palette over this one. These colors are beautiful, but there's not a ton of variety. The Naked 3 palette has some very interesting plummy neutrals, so I think it's more versatile. Besides, if you're a heavy handed beast like me, you'll have a hard time working with this formula.

on 10/8/2015 10:04:00 AM

This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette! The colors are beautiful. There is no color fall-out and the texture is buttery smooth. I love this palette so much better than Urban Decay Naked3. Too much sparkle/frost in Naked3. The shimmery shadows in this palette are gorgeous and I love the matte shades. Beautiful rose-gold shades that are perfect for Fall. You will not be disappointed in this palette.

Gorgeous colors, especially for blue eyes, and great quality shadows. They are super pigmented and blend well. My only problem with this palette is the metallic colors tend to make my aging lids look crepey. Despite that, I have hit pan on about 5 colors. There is a good ratio of shimmer and matte shadows and the packaging is slim and compact.

on 2/26/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

SO HAPPY WITH THIS PALETTE! one of my favourites to use, the tones in this are gorgeous. leans more towards mauve/pink shades and Im a warm coloured person but really, the colours complement my NC40 skin anyway.

the mattes are easily bendable. They are quite pigmented (not as pigmented as MELT or Anastasia Cosmetic eyeshadows, i would compare the pigmentation to Tarte) and i always start off with a little amount on my brush just to make sure that i don't screw up.
there are three mate shades and the rest are all a shimmer/glitter. there is no fallout for any of the colours.
when i layer the colours one over the other, they really blend and mesh well; i love that in a palette, when the creators have put a lot of thought into how the colours change when they layered over each other (MELT cosmetics have done a good job at this too).

the colours wear on me for a good 7 hours and then begin to fade. the shimmers tend to fade first. The eyeshadows are not the butteriest I've ever tried, but it doesnt matter because they blend well anyway. there is no smell to the eyeshadows.

packaging is cardboard, decent and generous sized eyeshadow pans. large mirror. I'm not a huge fan of cardboard eyeshadow palettes but what can you do, they store will too because they're slim.

all colours have not disappointed except for the bottom right shade called untamed. I think i may have bought a dud palette because untamed has that 'hard eyeshadow' film over the top; the film that happens to eyeshadows and you can't get the colour on your brush?? (i don't know how to explain it any other way haha) I'm not sure how to remedy this, i will try scraping it off soon to see if that works.

I purchased mine from Ulta for between $40 and $45 USD. it was the last one and i am not disappointed. I would buy this again if i lost it.

on 11/4/2014 10:18:00 AM

Best palette ever, IME. I've had 2 of the Naked palettes, Lorac Pro, multiple MAC shadows (which I like), but this is perfection. All the colors work well on my coloring and make me green eyes stand out. The shimmer is sophisticated. These wear all day on me with primers, whereas the pro palette and UD palettes have not. The primer is nice. I marked that I would buy again but have never used up a palette.

This palette is gorgeous. The shades inside are rosey/warm bronzey tones that just work together beautifully. There are so many neutral palettes out there but I feel like this one is just so unique. The shades have fantastic color payoff and I feel like you are getting a great deal! (10 large high end shadows for $4 each and that doesn't even include the primer that comes with it!) I have fallen in love with this palette and would definitely recommend you try it out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this LORAC palette! I am a neutral shade lover and this palette was made for me! There are 10 shades total; 4 matte, 5 shimmer, and 1 semi-matte (Untamed). The colors are gorgeous for my blue eyes and truly make my eyes pop. There are 2 matte shades to which I use as transition shades which are packed with pigmentation; 1 is a warm mauve shade and 1 is a warm medium brown which is good for day time and night time looks. All colors in this palette have fantastic pigmentation and I've never had an issue with fallout. It is such a romantic palette that allows for both soft or sultry looks.

My favorite shades are (1) the truest rose gold 'Unbelievable' and (2) a light gold/champagne-rosegold hybrid 'Unreal'. I also own the LORAC Pro which is wonderful yet find myself reaching for the Unzipped more often I just can't get enough of the rosegold, bronzey, warm colors! Packaging is fabulous and is has proven durable during many traveling adventures. On the inside is a good sized mirror which is great as well. My favorite combinations are Unspoken or Unconditional in the crease with Unreal on the lid for a fresh faced daytime look and Unspoken in the crease with Unbelievable on the lid with Unbridled in the outer V to really smoke things out. I can't stop raving about this palette it's such a steal; will definitely run out to purchase another if/when I run out!