LORAC Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette

LORAC Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette
Unzipped Eyeshadow PaletteLorac Unzipped

4.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is easily my favorite/most used palette that I own! And I own a drawer full of palettes from Sephora/Ulta lol. I love love love the light golden color in the bottom left row - it is the most gorgeous shade for highlighting your inner tear duct. I use it no matter what eyeshadow look I'm doing whether it be a natural eye or a smokey eye. It reminds me of a frostier more pigmented shade of MAC's "Nylon" which still remains my favorite but I've been using the color in this palette much more lately. All of these colors are very VERY pigmented and very buttery. When I swatched them in Ulta I was amazed at the quality and how much color you get with only one swipe. I find the trick with some of these colors is to actually pack the initial layer on with your finger because it's much more dense and way better color payoff. These are all very beautiful colors and very unique in terms of nudes in my opinion. I really love the matte pinky beige color - I use it all over my lid on days I don't want to do my eyeshadow and I'm just doing a cat eye. It really helps even out my eye lid and prevents the transfer of the eyeliner onto my lid. Overall FIVE LIPPIES cuz it's the bomb.

on 7/30/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just for reference I am a NW20 with blue eyes. This palette is beautiful but does nothing for me. The colours just look muddy on me despite trying numerous different mixes. The only way I can use this palette is with other eyeshadows and only one from this. I so wanted to love this & when I open it I still go wow, but on the eyes it's a no.

Update: thanks to Nisha (SugarPuffandFluff) I have finally found a way to make this palette work for me and it is indeed a repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been wanting Urban Decay's "Naked" palettes since they came out and I just never thought it was a good idea to spend $50 on a palette that had a few colors I wouldn't use. After wanting those palettes for a while I found out about this LORAC palette from a friend. It took me about 60 seconds of using this palette I immediately wanted it and decided that even though its $40 and on the pricey side, this palette would be perfect. If you are looking for a palette that you can create MANY looks from, this may not be the one for you. I'm into very neutral colors on my lid. I usually go for lighter browns and golds, but I find that even the darker colors on this palette blend really well and look great when paired with the other colors. This palette also comes with a mini behind the scenes eyeshadow primer. The primer is in a small tube but it looks like if used wisely it will last a significant amount of time. The only thing I didn't like about the palette was that for the price it didn't come with a brush. It didn't really affect me because I have plenty of brushes I can use with this palette but if I'm spending a good amount of money on the palette it would have been nice to have a brush that came with it. Other then that, the palette is great. It comes with a mirror on the inside which is the perfect size to use on the go, and the shadows themselves are extremely pigmented and are extremely workable and blendable. I would absolutely recommend this palette if you're looking to go for a neutral look. This palette has a variety of neutral matte and shimmer colors that can be worn on just about any eye.

on 1/18/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've always been a neutral eyeshadow girl and with all the "nude" palettes available now I wanted to get one. I spotted this Lorac Unzipped palette in Sephora and instantly was drawn to the pinky brown neutral shades. Another draw was that it contained a nice combination of mattes and shimmers.

I am so happy I bought it! All the colors are very pigmented...you barely have to touch the brush to the shadows to get plenty of color. There are ten large (about 1 inch sq.) eyeshadows. 6 have shimmer to them, 4 are matte and there are none that contain glitter. The colors range from champagne, gold, bronze, mauve, burgandy and several shades of brown. These colors compliment my blue/gray eyes so well. The shadows are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. No fall out, no creasing and the colors last all day. This palette also comes with a mini Lorac eyeshadow primer, which is very good. It glides on your lids and isn't drying like some primers.

I really can't find any fault with this palette. I've been using it everyday since getting it. I highly recommend this neutral palette to anyone on the market for one with a good shimmer to matte ratio. This palette doesn't get nearly enough attention it deserves and is often overlooked.

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.

on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

I am done buying eyeshadow for awhile!!! This palette is amazing and I don't know why it took me so long to purchase. I love the PRO palette and this one is even better! The colors are like butter and blend easily. I've used it four times and there is no fallout- still looks brand new. The colors all work together and look great on me (NC15-20). I use a bit of the matte vanilla to blend everything, and my eyeshadow has never looked better!! I've always used the LORAC primer, but with this shadow, my eyes look EXACTLY the same at 7am and 7pm. Obviously, I'm in love!

on 12/24/2013 12:59:00 AM

I thought it about time to share my love of this palette, not that it needs any more great reviews!

Like all LORAC eyeshadows, I found the shadows in this palette to have great pigmentation and wearability. All of Carol Shaw's eyeshadows are softly textured for easy application and blending without any tugging on your lids. This palette is a mix of mattes and shimmers, some more shimmery than others but all of them are absolutely beautiful and easy to wear.

This palette, the LORAC PRO palette and the little fold-up PRO to Go palette are in constant rotation in my collection and rarely see the inside of a drawer as they stay on top of my vanity for constant use.