LORAC Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette

Unzipped Eyeshadow PaletteLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 2/4/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm underwhelmed by this palette. The packaging cardboard, which bothers me about Lorac, although I do love the Lorac Pro palette. Unzipped is not something that I would tell people to run out and buy. The colors are okay, but they all seem very similar when I apply them to the eyes. They all seem to pull orange on me which isn't what you'd think by looking at them in the pan. It's very odd. I'm quite fair so that may be a factor. I find that I can't do an eyeshadow look with this one palette, for whatever reason it never looks good alone on me. As for pigmentation it's pretty good. It's similar to the Pro palette with the buttery consistency of the shadows. To be honest, I would return it if I could! I'm just not wowed like the other reviewers seem to be, which is disappointing really.
To add to the whole Naked 3 versus Lorac Unzipped conversation, I personally prefer the Naked 3. The Naked 3 is more neutral/cool while Unzipped is far warmer. They're not that similar in my opinion.

on 2/2/2014 5:55:00 PM

I have the N3 as well and I like the Unzipped much more. The.colours are.blendable and very flattering.

on 1/31/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used my 20% off UIta coupon on this so it was only 32 dollars, which is a steal for the amount of eye shadow you get. This looks much more wearable than Naked 3, which seems to have a lot of light pink and create looks that would appeal more to girls in their 20s. With the coupon it was also 20 dollars less than the Naked 3 and, unlike N3, there is not a dud to be found. The main reason I bought this is because of the rave reviews, which are all true. It is very easy to put on, great pigmentation, and it is a dream to blend. Definitely worth the money!

on 1/30/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Obviously not among the majority here - I much prefer the LORAC PRO Palette to this one. Actually purchased this by accident at ULTA thinking that this was the PRO palette and was irritated at myself when I got home to realize I had picked up the wrong item. However, not one to EVER turn down an eyeshadow palette, I decided to keep this and use it - which I have. at least half a dozen times now.

I have brown eyes and frankly don't find that these colors do anything much for them. In the pan the colors look pretty and I love rose tone anything but I have yet to come up with a look from it that impresses me. Tried a variety of combinations but find them too shimmery and off color for my particular eyes. I am sure these colors are great on others - just not me.

I actually went back and purchased the Pro Palette and find it much more suitable to my needs - a nice combo of matte & shimmer shades and will probably(?) give this one to a friend. Could it be I am reaching palette overdose? Even the new UD OZ teasers aren't pulling me in...