essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

AQUA (WATER), PARAFFIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARIC ACID, SORBETH-20 BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) FRUIT WAX, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, OZOKERITE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, GALACTOARABINAN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TROPOLONE, STEARYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

This is the BEST! I found it works best when I started at the base of my lashes on one eye then switched to do the base of the other eye the switched back to the first eye and worked on the tips. I found it dried fast so working quickly is a must. It's very build-able and doesn't really clump much but then it does it just made my leashes look fatter and was easy to work the clump out. I love this mascara. I purchased all of the essence mascara's to see if the others were just as good but strangely this one works the best. I get so many comments on how huge my lashes are look and people asking what product I use. I have about 5 of them all over the house because I can't live without it. Beats Lancôme, Estée Lauder and Maybelline hands down. I've tried them all.

on 8/26/2013 11:53:00 PM

I had high hopes for this based on the reviews but I'm not in love with it. I am always looking for the next, best volumizing mascara, and my other two qualifications (lesser priority than volume/thickness but still important) are deep pigmentation and some length (what good is thick if they look stubby?).

The good:
Pigmentation - excellent, ultra black
The brush - big fat bristle brush that picks up all the lashes
Thickening ability - really does add volume and make lashes quite thick and feathery
Packaging - cute; a little "young-looking" but cute
Lasting ability - no flakes, no smudges, stays all day
Price - pretty darn cheap at $5

The bad:
Clumpy messy clump mess -
I think this formula might have some fiber qualities/ingredients to make it volumize/thicken, and while they do work, they also make a big ol' mess. They make my lashes stick together in globs, there are little mascara clumpies/crumbs everywhere and when I go to pick them off, my lashes end up looking stumpy because it takes off half the length with it. Combing through is necessary but also not exactly easy or helpful enough to clean up the lashes completely.

The bad outweighs the good here, sadly. This one is not a keeper IMHO.

on 8/20/2013 12:42:00 PM

I like it but don't love it. I find the formula to be a little thick & dry. And the jumbo-sized brush is way too big & unwieldy. Also it clumps.

But on the plus side, this mascara provides loads of volume & a beautiful dramatic effect. No flaking either!

Love the Essence price tag, but I like Jordana's Best Lash so much more. If you're looking for an excellent volumizing mascara (that only costs a couple of dollars) definitely check that one out.

Not a bad product but I won't repurchase.

on 8/12/2013 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara. It's so cheap and yet so functional. It does exactly what it says: gives you fantastic volume. It also does so without flaking or smudging. How can you beat that?

on 7/11/2013 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

I am on the fence with this one.

The Pros:
* Very nice and very big brush. I like big brushes. Love.
* Dries relatively fast.
* No excessive glueing.
* Overall effect: You actually see you put something on after only one attempt.
* Price and availability (I live in Europe)

The Con (big one, actually):
* Flaking, smudging, I don't know. After a few hours (8-10 maybe) I notice some black debris under and in my eyes. Sometimes even stinging. I don't like stinging. Actually: Hate it.

Therefore I probably wouldn't purchase this one again.

It's the best Essence mascara ever!I have tried so many high-end&budget friendly ones and by far it's one of the best mascaras.I have two for stock.Love it!

The absolute best mascara I've ever used. It has a lovely incremental brush, so you can roll it from the fine bristles to the fatter ones, or vice versa. Adore!

on 7/5/2013 5:59:00 AM

Another great mascara from this brand. So far this brand is a winner for me. and so cheap.

on 6/11/2013 9:58:00 PM

This product is great if you want a cheap, disposable mascara, or if your not really fussed with good quality.

I personally found the formula unusable and it left my lashes in three big clumps. The only way to avoid this was to use a disposable mascara wand and brush through while still wet. This gave somewhat satisfactory results, but then the formula would smudge.

Try the Essence mascara in the orange tube (Maximum Definition), much better!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wonderful mascara for such a little price. Darkens and lengthens my short, blonde lashes with two coats. Now that's a bargain.
Here's the basic lowdown. The tube is a chunky, easily held one with a good-sized spoolie to coat your lashes. The spoolie manages to reach all of my lashes without hitting any other areas, such as the outer corners of my lids. I can use two coats, walk away and have a natural look or layer on a few more for a more dramatic effect. If there are any clumps, I use a mascara comb to clear them out. I'd use a comb anyway when I layer mascara to make sure the lashes are clump-free.
This mascara is a nice, dark black. As I said, my lashes are blonde, and in normal circumstances, can't be seen at all. Two coats do give them substance. I like that simplicity.
The spoolie removes a normal amount out of the tube that doesn't have to be cleaned against the tube top. It's not an overly wet mascara or a dry mascara. It's just right in the middle for me. It dries quickly, so I don't have to worry about it leaving little black marks that I'm not aware about afterwards for clean-up or wait too long for the dry time.
Clean-up is super easy with my either an oil-cleansing method or a regular make-up remover for the eyes. I've had absolutely no problem with lashes falling out from this mascara.
After a normal day, I don't see any fall-out. After a super long day in the sunny weather, hours of hot, humid weather in the 90's, then hours in a car with a nap before I had a chance to remove it (I'm talking 19 hours straight), I saw some minute fall-out under my eyes and a little on my upper lids. That was the only time that happened. That can be fixed with using another mascara on top to seal it in if I'm going to spend a day similar to this one.
I find Essence at my local Ulta. I would appreciate if the company shrink-wrapped their products for sanitary reasons. That's the only complaint I have about them. But they're so inexpensive and they perform so well, I repurchase and go to their kiosk every time I hit an Ulta to see what's new.
The company is also cruelty-free, another plus for me when purchasing cosmetics.