wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/14/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wet and Wild has really upped their game lately! Their new products are way better than I remember using in high school. Reserve Your Cabana is a suprisingly good highlighting powder, and a great value. I think I paid three dollars for this at Walmart? I have no idea why this is marketed as a bronzer. Even on my extremely fair skin, it just gives a nice glow. This product is not glittery which is awesome, and weirdly hard to find in bronzers and highlighters. I can imagine this would work well on a variety of skin tones as this highlighter is neither really warm or cool in shade. The packaging is bulky and this powder will break easily if dropped. But again, for three dollars you can't have everything!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

As a highlighter, I love Reserve Your Cabana. It's the best for those of us who have or are growing crows feet. Let's face it, some highlighters don't do anything but accentuate all of those lovely lines. Reserve Your Cabana is a fine powder that will bring just enough light to parts of your face without blinding your friends with your wrinkles. It gives you an inner glow. It's light and lovely on the tops of cheek bones and I would definitely repurchase this.

I have read that some people are using this as an all over face powder. If you have skin as sensitive as mine-mac blushes and all face products with SPF have caused me to break out, it's sad, i know-I do not recommend this for that purpose. I used the darker shade, Ticket To Brazil as a bronzer (on my cheek bones, jawline... etc) and it caused me to break out. I think the only reason why Reserve Your Cabana did not break me out is because I use it on select areas of my face.

Please note, for those of you who don't think they have sensitive skin and are still considering using this as an all over face powder, that an active ingredient of this product is octinoxate-which is known to cause acne.

on 8/29/2015 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's great to use as a finishing powder to give your skin more oomph. It gives me a soft-focused, lit from within look. I use a stippling brush to apply it on the center parts of my face. It does not look like you're wearing highlighter all over your face; it's a subtle, dim glow. For highlighting parts your face like cheekbones you're better off with something like benefit's watts up or thebalm mary loumanizer.

Edit 5/4/16: I'm still using this for my setting powder for my MU. I just bought another (last 1 on the display), I thought there was a lot of product in there that it would be impossible to finish but I have hit pan the last 1 I got & had a couple b4 since writing. The lid came off the current 1, I don't know how to reattach it but I'm over half ways+ done w it so it's alright. It sits on my vanity & doesn't travel w me so it is aiiiight. This is the best setting powder from the DS! It has a slight luminosity which rocks! I was buying MAC Blot Powder which is hella expensive but sometimes I don't want to over mattify my face or want a more dewy look (not greasy), then my secret for natural dewy skin is to use benefit porefessional (to control oil, I can't go w purely just naked skin), then lightly apply this powder. Doesn't fail me! U can add in some highlighter if desired too the new peony 1 from wnw is gr8! I "was" buying Maybelline fit me matte poreless but matte can be so flat & 1 dimensional & if it gets too dewy I use blot films later in the day. I love, loooove, LOVE this powder!! I will deffo keep rebuying it. It's a staple product I don't want to be without! I have like, 2 new 1s & that partially used 1, but I woulda picked up more of them coz I'm a hoarder. I love this powder ohh did I say that already? :-) best items wnw makes are many including this powder & H2OProof liquid eyeliner :-) :-) :-)
---
Original Review: I'm using this as an all over "softly within lit" intentions & this powder is pretty good for that! I don't feel guilty dipping into it like my Hourglass Ambient Light that I always felt bad if I had to whisk any excess away w my brush. It's a pretty good dupe for $4 when Hourglass palette >$50 which is the most ridic thing in my makeup collection but this huge pan for $4?? Hook a sistah up! I was hoping to poss use this for strobing but it's more of an all over powder. I am in MAC NC20 & N3 Loreal True Match. This is another example of a high quality affordable DS option. They give u a lifetime supply in this compact no mirror/applicator but surely u jest if ur gonna take this anywhere w u. Not travel friendly! I almost always see at least 1 if not more smashed compacts in the display. 1 lippie off for that. But yah if ur into the dewy look or even a little bit of strobing (to wear under ur strobe product), u should get this!

I bought this after reading tons of reviews saying it works really well as a highlighter. I'd been looking for a good highlighter that wouldn't cost a fortune, and I had high hopes for this. Unfortunately it just doesn't show up on my skin, so highlight it does not. However, it works well as an eyeshadow base to help with blending. I tried using it as an all-over face powder, and it looked nice in artificial lighting but made me look like a total greaseball in the sun. It also felt weird when applied to my whole face -- I could definitely tell I had powder on and it didn't feel natural at all.

I like that you get so much product for like $5, and it smells really nice. However, it's really powdery, so I always tap the excess of my brushes before applying. Overall, I think it's okay, but I wouldn't repurchase because it doesn't do what I wanted it to do.

on 7/27/2015 11:58:00 AM

Fantastic setting powder for fair skin tones. I just started using this as such. I love the dewy finish it gives off. Packaging is iffy. I've had one of these shatter on me completely but I guess that can happen with anything. Overall an excellent value and product.

on 7/17/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this as a highlighter, which it wasn't good at, because it doesn't catch enough light. But I've discovered that I love this as an allover setting powder. My skin is on the drier side, so when combined with a shimmery blush like Milani Luminoso or MAC Warm Soul on the apples of my cheeks, this powder really brightens up my complexion in a way that looks glowing and natural. It catches just the right amount of light without looking shimmery or greasy. The compact is flimsy, but at $3-4, who cares?!

on 7/15/2015 4:33:00 PM

I've heard so much about this product over the years.and up until recently, i always skipped wet n wild, reminded me too much of being in 7th grade and just starting to be interested in makeup. However, i tried a few other hyped up product (one of the fergie highlighters & Bare it All matte lippie) and was completely mind blown, so i picked this up.

First of all, you get sooooooooooooooooooooooo much product for a few bucks. Its literally available almost everywhere, so thats a plus for convenience.

The packaging sucks, like most wet and wild packaging. If i dropped this once (which i'm bound to do because i'm clumsy!) it looks like it would become a hot mess.

I do find it extremely powdery.

When i swatched it on my arm it left such a beautiful sheen, it really glowed, i was so excited! But when i tried to put it on my cheekbones, it disappeared, wasn't visible at all =( I'm hopping i'm just currently too tan(or maybe not tan enough, as my arms are tanner than my face {i always use sunscreen on my face})

I did find it to be perfect as a brow bone highlight and for highlighting the bridge of my nose, which for some reason was a bit more noticeable than on my cheeks.

I even like this as a all over subtle luminious setting powder, it gives off just the tiny about of "sparkle"/glow

I really like that this product can be used for multiple things.

Ok I'm an idiot. I thought this really was a bronzer cause ya know it says bronzer right on the package...haha wet n wild you got me...

I am pretty pale but this stuff actually made me paler...until I came on here and realized everyone uses it as a highlighter. AAH That makes more sense.

You get a lot for the price and as far as a highlighter it's pretty decent. It's one of those products when you swirl your brush a ton of product comes off so you need to be light with the brush. It's a little light for me since it's summer time and i'm tan otherwise this would be perfect for my winter skin

on 7/11/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I use this as a setting powder and over Bikini Contest (to tone down the redness) Mine is over two years old and just reached pan in it. The cover had broken at the hinge, so it has a couple of rubber bands over it, lol. Mine is not very sparkly for some reason, so, I use this by itself sometimes in the winter to combat the dullness of my skin. It is great as a setting powder over my Cover Girl 3 in 1, or a BB cream. I also noticed that in my opinion, it replaces the discontinued Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Not, that this is matte by any means, but it does keep the oilies at bay for a couple of hours.