wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/6/2016 2:42:00 PM

This is a perfect, subtle highlighter if you have pale skin and don't really know how to use highlighter. I love makeup, but I'm a perpetual teenager when it comes to application in that I never seem to learn proper application. This is tough to mess up. It is not a bronzer, so don't make that mistake. I wasn't paying attention and started to dust it all over. I would up having to wash my face and start over because I looked like an ashen ghost. The price is fantastic and it's one of the better packaging jobs from Wet n Wild...much better than the Fergie Centerstage Rose Campaign Glow. This one opens easily and the product is less likely to break.

This is a very beautiful highlighter which I prefer over others for its convenience and neutral warmth. Generally, I find it very difficult to find a good highlighter (e.g. the Balms Mary- Lou Manizer is just too much for me, especially during daytime). Either they are too frosty, too glittery, too cold, to warm, too powdery, too creamy, ...
This one is so affordable and fool proof because you really can't overdo it.
The other day I used it mainly on my cheekbones and what was left on the brush around my eyes and my husband said to me: "You look so radiant!"
HE never said that to me before and he can be very critical when my make up looks too obvious, so this was the moment I knew that this is the perfect highlighter for me, subtle and very flattering.

on 4/23/2016 8:01:00 PM

If you are medium to light skinned, this is the best damn highlighter you will ever own! Lots of produce for very little cost. It is perfect for day time wear, so no glitter. Prefer this over high end ones. Unfortunately if you're darker skinned it might look ashy on your skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this to use as a cheekbone/browbone highlight based on all the glowing (no pun intended) reviews I've seen online, and I will say that this product does look nice on the skin. It's a very subtle highlight, which I like because it's workable for daytime and the office, yet it's buildable. The best aspect of this product is most definitely the price - I think I paid $3 for mine when it was on sale at Rite Aid. However, I have two big issues with this product. The first, and the reason I waited so long to purchase it in the first place is the ingredient list. For some inexplicable reason, this product contains sunscreen; whether you use it as a bronzer or a highlight, I can't understand why anyone would want SPF 15 in a product they are only using on part of their face! Even worse, it contains chemical sunscreens, which tend to irritate my skin, but I gave it a shot anyway because of the price. Sure enough, after using this product for a few weeks I did notice red bumps and breakouts along my cheekbones, and immediately after I stopped using this product the redness cleared up. My second big complaint is the packaging - the lid is domed, so it takes up much more space than necessary. After a few months of gentle use, the packaging ultimately broke - the plastic piece that keeps it snapped shut broke off. At that point I couldn't even give the product away to a friend, so I had to toss it.
Bottom line: if you're not sensitive to chemical sunscreens, give this a try because it might be your new best friend, but otherwise stay away until they maybe reformulate/repackage, as they've been doing with so many of their other products recently.

on 3/24/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this powder daily to set my makeup. The color matches my light skin and it's very sheer so I think skin tones a few shades darker or lighter would have no problem with this. It has a slight sheen to it, but nothing like a highlighter. I wouldn't classify it as a highlighter unless you pack it on. It can make your face cakey if you use too much. A light layer is good for me. It doesn't make my makeup last forever, but it gets me through a work day which is really all I need. For the price, I'll probably buy it again when I run out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A really lovely product, I love how much product you get, I have such pale skin and I use this as a highlighter. It's hard to over do and easy to quickly brush over my cheekbones and down my nose without worrying about blending. If you're a little hesitant to start highlighting this is the perfect product.I can literally swipe it on before I run out the door and have it look natural and pretty. It can be a little powdery but the packaging is so big that it catches the product anyways.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for atleast three years, so this review is long overdue. this is probably the prettiest, most subtle highlight there is. It isn't stark, or in your face, but it's definitely a 'lit from within glow'. Last year I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Hourglass ambient lighting powders (still trying to talk myself out of buying them, a year later), and came upon a review comparing this to them. Not quite sure what possessed me to, but on a whim I decided to actually set my concealer with this. I KNOW. I's a highlighter. However....it is PERFECT for that. It's not glittery or shiny, but it has the prettiest sheen. I go behind and dust it off with an actual powder though, like the Maybelline Fit Me, etc, for coverage. Try it before rolling your eyes. I will never set my highlight with anything else...unless I finally justify those expensive Hourglass powders.

on 2/17/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took me some time to figure out the best use for this product. It looks beautiful buffed on under foundation. Gives a glowy natural look to skin. My new favorite product.

I bought it on eBay bc of the hype...really doesn't show on my nc 20 skin, if I wet it it does give a slight sheen that is ok but doesn't last . I would not repurchase I'll buy a better quality highlighter

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hunted this down at Walmart, and purchased it from the rave reviews, but I don't really get the hype. I tried using it as a highlighter or as a finishing powder, and I don't see a difference whichever way I use it. I accidentally dropped it so it's in a billion pieces, so perhaps it was meant to be as I was wondering what I was going to do with such a large product.