wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/12/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A very good dupe for Hourglass ALP. Even though this is a bronzer, I use it as a setting powder. It has a good velvetine look when on the face. I cannot use this without some sort of setting/moisture spray, bc if not, it gets a little too dry and powdery for me. But this face finish for this price - thumbs up! One minus though, its very soft and you easily get a lot of extra powder. Look for swatches online of this and the ALP powders - almost impossible to tell the difference!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like I'm the only person in the planet who doesn't like Reserve Your Cabana (for it's typical uses - go to bottom to see how I DO use it). It is too dark for me to use as a highlight, too light to use as a bronzer, and I don't need a finishing powder.

This is really too close to my skin color, it doesn't really show up in any appreciable way apart from adding some shimmer. I do love the tones though, clear and golden, not orange or muddy. I wish I could find a product like this that is one shade down and one shade up. The texture is great, you get a load of product, but the color doesn't do anything for me.

Right now I'm packing it in heavy as an all over eyeshadow on minimal makeup days. I have very pigmented lids, so it does help lighten them up for cheap. Added: since it's so close to my skin color I also use this to cover up/buff out my contour/cheeks if I go in too heavy. I do appreciate it for that.
Added: I found an awesome use for this! You know those super pigmented Sleek blushes? Slap this on your cheeks as a base powder, dip your brush in, THEN tap your blush gently. Makes a LOT of colors wearable for pale girls, but still keeps the colors clear and bright.

on 11/9/2016 3:30:00 PM

This is such an excellent powder. Highlights beautifully leaving skin with a healthy glow without being too shimmery. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 11/3/2016 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Way too shimmery as a setting powder, not shimmery enough as a highlight..chalky as well.

nice subtle highlight. you get a ton of product for the price. overall great deal and will repurchase.

on 9/29/2016 12:54:00 PM

I knew before purchasing that this is a highlighter, but still confused as to why it's labeled as a bronzer.. but doesn't matter. This is fantastic. However, it doesn't suit my skin tone when I've gotten some sun...which only happens for a week out of the year. Other than that, it's a fantastic and subtle highlighter that I love using on my cheekbones, I'll also use it on my eyes on minimal makeup days and ill swipe a bit over my face when im looking a little dry. It helps add a bit of dewy glowness. There's no visible chunks and it just melts into my skin. It doesn't wear off too quickly either, although it helps that I use UD all nighter. I'd repurchase if I ever go through the pan.

on 9/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

I love using this for a day to day highlighter and an eyeshadow. it is very subtle but works this is labeled as a bronzer...its super light while still being pretty. When you swatch this with your finger it looks very dry and chalky but I don't see that happening when applying it with a brush.

Ok I did not see the big deal in this product, actually when I saw it in the store, I laughed! Bronzer? Are you kidding me, it's sooo light! But with all of the positive reviews, I bought it to see why so many love it. I tried it on with a pressed powder puff it was like 3 shades too light (which I already knew), so I got my receipt and said eh i'll bring it' back tomorrow. Half hour later I look in the mirror and my skin looks smoother somehow with the littlest bit of sunkissed look. Could it be that this "bronzer" adjusts to your skin color?? Like goes on light and adjusts itself?? Either way I LOVE IT so much, I went back and bought the last one! Don't shrug this one off, give it a chance and if you bought it and are disappointed do what I said, apply with with a pressed powder puff, it will look chalky at first, let it sit dont put any other face makeup on, give it time to adjust to your skin tone. I hope it works for everyone like it has worked for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's not a bronzer! It's sooooo pale! (I ordered it online so I didn't realize this.) It can be used for very, very subtle highlighting but there is very little warmth to it so it's shocking they call it a bronzer. I am fair skinned and it did not warm me up at all. Odd!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't really think anyone bought this as a bronzer, because my skin is nearly as light as it gets and even on me this is a highlighter. That's "the bad news".
The good news is that this makes for a rockin highlighter! It is pale, lightly and tastefully shimmery and it doesn't scream "highlighter!!!" the way some do with streaks of shimmer you can spot from a satellite. It is subtle, at least on me, and probably ideal if you're going into situations where you want to add some glow to certain facial features without having guns-blazing full makeup face going on.
This is a pale golden color that doesn't go white or orange and just kind of "melts" onto my face because it matches my skin so closely, with all the subtlety I just described. I know that other skin tones are going to have different experiences with this and may notice it standing out more.
If you are a fan of highlighters this is worth picking up and you'll get a ton of use out of it. These compacts are HUGE and easy to blend in. If you are looking for an actual bronzer, the other two shades in this line are excellent choices.